• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumored Chinese Forum Xbox720 specs: 8CoreCPU,8GB,HD8800GPU,W8,640GBHDD

DieH@rd

Banned
Do Microsoft of Sony have any say over when third parties can talk about next gen games they're working on? For example, if one of these third parties had to tell their stock holders what they're working on for the year, are they prohibited from giving specifics?

They cant say reveal anything, especially now when upcoming consoles are not even official revealed to exist. Anyone who wants to announce new game, they can MAYBE showcase PC version, but even that is rare].

99%

Do Microsoft of Sony have any say over when third parties can talk about next gen games they're working on? For example, if one of these third parties had to tell their stock holders what they're working on for the year, are they prohibited from giving specifics?

Nda

The Jason

its funny that all the 8's make it seem more legitimate, due to windows 8 and the code-name being loop or infinity.

I think Xbox ∞ would work well

B.O.O.M

What Project Gotham Racing 5 could look like...

443604392e0561062c1bmm7os9.jpg

PGR4

1486782955_a5cd94d868_o.jpg

1488637316_bcf69a0761_o.jpg

1487780651_9b5f48d679_o.jpg

6986e460-cf66-425a-a6e2-6e244c50968.jpg

I'm sure Evolution studios will deliver :p Will be a different name though

Paradicia

If the 8 core CPU is anything to go by what is the closest counterpart on the market right now that would deliver similar performance? :3

*curious*

T'Zariah

Banned
So, no bullshit, based on current rumors, which console is expected to be more "powerful"?

Relative to the power difference in the 360 and PS3?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

They can talk about next-gen games, they just can't say what platforms they're on besides PC.

See Star Wars 1313, Whore of the Orient, or Cyberpunk.

Mahonay

Banned
So, no bullshit, based on current rumors, which console is expected to be more "powerful"?

Relative to the power difference in the 360 and PS3?
I believe there's not enough info on the PS4 yet to say anything concrete. At least from what I've seen.

My guess is that there will be minor differences in the larger scheme of things similar to this generation.

Reiko

Banned
I believe there's not enough info on the PS4 yet to say anything concrete. At least from what I've seen.

My guess is that there will be minor differences in the larger scheme of things similar to this generation.

No more disc space shenanigans finally.

Mahonay

Banned
Europe will wait for the Sonybox no matter when it comes and no matter at what price.
I'm glad the European region is there to support Sony. Competition is good. It's why we're seeing the alleged specs we are right now.

I don't doubt for a second that if Microsoft didn't have to they would not put much into this next console at all. Although that's kind of a no brainier.

OrangeOak

well I was referring to the fact that one of the main people behind PGR joining Evolution studios. I think we will see a new direction from their next game.

I would love to see a game that looks, sounds and plays like PGR but I hardly think that just one guy from Bizarre can achieve all of this :(

omonimo

Banned
If this rumors are true, that means AMD gave MS one hell of a deal.
I'm not an expert but those specs have nothing 'oh my God it can't be possible' from what I have understood. In theory even sony should be offer something of comparable without great problems but who knows.

Reiko

Banned
I'm not an expert but those specs have nothing 'oh my God it can't be possible' from what I have understood. In theory even sony should be offer something of comparable without great problems but who knows.

I think this gen lasting as long as it did, gave us more leeway for a bigger jump than what was expected.

Mahonay

Banned
I think this gen lasting as long as it did, gave us more leeway for a bigger jump than what was expected.
Absolutely. If this happened a couple years ago it would be a different story. Considering the current economy, I think it was very wise to hold off as long as they did. Looks like it might work out really well for both consumer and console manufacturers.

If these specs are legit, someone needs to commended with the good balance they appear to have stricken. Looks perfect for what's actually practical IMO.

eso76

So what do we know about the hd 8800 exactly ?
Rebranded 7800 or not ? New card ? Average ? 2,5 tf ?
Those cards are not out yet from what I understand, and all I can find is a leaked document from last September that's not even accurate.

Mahonay

Banned
This is strange to me. Is there a reason for this? What about Europe makes the people there so "loyal" (I use that term loosely) to Sony?
Branding. The name "PlayStation" is synonymous with "video games" in Europe. It's what everyone knows.

Sony's marketing for PlayStation in Europe is also pretty superb.

I mean in price. Like in consumer price when it's all said and done. I think there's going to be 399$ and 499$ sku's.

pswii60

Branding. The name "PlayStation" is synonymous with "video games" in Europe. It's what everyone knows.

Yes, but only continental Europe. Xbox mindshare is very strong here in the UK.

omonimo

Banned

Branding? Why people think europeans are more stupid of american & choice the playstation just for the branding?:/ Honestly I think the era of sony brand is dead time ago. Simply, microsoft smell of american in everything where the playstation seems more a 'universal' console, but it's just my opinion. & Lol at the marketing, sorry but absolutely no, SCEE management it's really terrible & superficial compared SCEA (& it's not that great too).

Top Bottom