• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 PC Bullshot thread of "1 FPS? That's 1 screenshot per second"

Sethos

Banned
1kkkvi.png

The Adventures of Captain Snaggletooth

8644061381_02513ab623_o.png

SweetFX Settings:
Sharpening: strength 1.1
Vibrance: -0.05
Curves: mode 2, type 2, 0.45
LGG: all values 1.020

antitrop

They patched stuttering a few days ago. I need to replay Infinite now. That screenshot makes me hard, gj.

EDIT: I liked the other one better, before you changed it.

They patched stuttering a few days ago. I need to replay Infinite now. That screenshot makes me hard, gj.

EDIT: I liked the other one better, before you changed it.

I get screenshot ADD. Here it is :p

8604056883_f98cc23d5d_o.png

Max SMAA settings
LumaSharpen: 0.65
LGG: all values 1.020 (overall brightness increase)
Vibrance: 0.05
Curves: 0.23 (mode 2, method 2)
Always dither. Always.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Some really nice screens, nothing washes away the bitter taste of the MS conference as going through this thread and looking at how far some PC games can be pushed.

antitrop

How about the bittersweet taste of getting Quantum Break instead of Alan Wake 2?
Double-dipping the PC port for $1 was a start.

AlanWake%202013-05-23%2012-24-12-58.png

8805180687_10c775c151_o.jpg

SweetFX changes (I'll upload the file later)
SMAA
LumaSharpen: 0.2 strength (hardly anything)
Vibrance: -0.10
Curves: 0.07 (mode 2, method 2)
Lift: all 1.100
Gamma: all 1.200
Gain: all 1.1500

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Call of Juarez look surprisingly good. Like the way it looks, especially considering it's (?) a budget game.

antitrop

Call of Juarez look surprisingly good. Like the way it looks, especially considering it's (?) a budget game.
It's still using the same exact engine (Chrome 5) as Dead Island and Dead Island: Riptide (CoJ: BiB used Chrome 4, but looked better than CoJ: The Cartel on C5).

It does look great for a $15 game, though, obviously the engine alone does not account for asset quality.

I'd post more but I'm at my page limit.

I like depth of field and probably use it more than I should (like in the above screenshot). If you guys hate it, let me know and I'll save those for the high res thread.

My scouter told me people weren't bullshotting Alan Wake nearly enough.

8843130591_2ac7aa936c_o.jpg

Basic SweetFX - SMAA, 0.5 sharpen, 0.2 curves (luma and chroma), LGG 1.020 (all values)

EDIT: crap. 6th this page. I forgot. I can remove if anyone wants and I'll replace with a generic comment about birds.

EDIT #2: UGH why did I get taht tree in the bottom left :(

antitrop

I meant your resolution is insufficient :p WE NEED TO GO HIGHER

Wiki said:
The phrase arms race, in its original usage, is a competition between two or more parties to have the best armed forces. Each party competes to produce larger numbers of weapons, greater armies, or superior military technology in a technological escalation. Nowadays the term is mostly used to describe any competition where there is no absolute goal, only the relative goal of staying ahead of the other competitors, essentially the goal of proving to be "better".
:)

belmonkey

Does going from 1080p to 2160p really drop the framerate to 1/4th what it was at 1080p? That was mentioned in the first post, but I saw some framerate comparisons that showed it was more like a drop to 40% of the original framerate, rather than 25%.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Does going from 1080p to 2160p really drop the framerate to 1/4th what it was at 1080p? That was mentioned in the first post, but I saw some framerate comparisons that showed it was more like a drop to 40% of the original framerate, rather than 25%.

It depends on the game and there is no exact 1:1 number for the effects a higher resolution will have on framerate.

Just give it a shot and see how it works out for you.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I applaud your effort for bullshotting a sports game, that's not easy. I like it.

There are some parts that look really great, but then just littered everywhere are the lowest res textures imaginable.

Every hair texture in the game looks like a JPEG that's been converted and rehosted at least 4 times.

Thank god for Depth of Field

Top Bottom