• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 PC Bullshot thread of "1 FPS? That's 1 screenshot per second"

antitrop

ihR407h8EmeHd.png

I gave up on reddit a long time ago. I remember one time, a guy posted native 1440p BF3 screenshots and reddit exploded. "BF3 higher than 1080p, are you mad??!" "These are amazing!!" "WHAT KIND OF MONSTER MACHINE DO YOU HAVE??!"

To be fair, reddit is a perfect example of what what kind of PC gaming machine most people actually have. That's why these high resolution screenshot posts are so popular over there. Someone discovers 4K, is amazed, posts their below average screehshots on reddit and bam, karma goldmine.

This is the Bullshot thread. :D

Yeah but I could say the same about that Planetside 2 shot where not a single thing isn't being motion blurred :p Doesn't exactly make for great image quality ;)

Not sure if the rules are against ugly games though. They only seem to indicate that we push games to the highest quality possible.

Thorgal

This is the Bullshot thread. :D

Yeah but I could say the same about that Planetside 2 shot where not a single thing isn't being motion blurred :p Doesn't exactly make for great image quality ;)

Not sure if the rules are against ugly games though. They only seem to indicate that we push games to the highest quality possible.

it was taken at a resolution of 3200 x 1800 so it would fit the defenition of a bullshot .

updated the title also to make that clear.

Spazznid

it was taken at a resolution of 3200 x 1800 so it would fit the defenition of a bullshot .

updated the title also to make that clear.

I thought it said 1080p, and yeah, the Hud is what I was really trying to say.

I suppose, but it was more of a shot to demonstrate the lighting and motion blur. meh.

So since my monitor is 1440 in width I can't post any of my screenshots here? :(
EDIT: Is resizing the pictures in photoshop allowed or would that compress the image too much?

So since my monitor is 1440 in width I can't post any of my screenshots here? :(
EDIT: Is resizing the pictures in photoshop allowed or would that compress the image too much?

It's encouraged. A lot of people are resizing from 3840x2160 -> 1920x1080. Just be sure to save them as a PNG or an uncompressed JPG and you'll be fine.

Thorgal

no that is no problem as long as your pictures are resized at 1920 x 1080

the 1920 is the important part

also no compression or hosts that compress them (imgur ..)
sadly i am using faststone image vieuwer wich is an amazing downloadable freeware which i recommend so i cant help you with that but someone else probably can.

also be aware this is the bullshot thread where we push games to highest resolutions possible with your rig.

if you just want to post high res pics at 1080 there is another thread for those.

also only 1 pic a post 5 max on one page.

Edit:beaten.

Thorgal

everybody has taken this atleast once.

metro20332013-05-1216g2yh7.png

at this resolution my screen start freaking out and it looks like someone put a green or red filter over it .

what i want to know is : is this is a sign i am pushing it to far ?

antitrop

what i want to know is : is this is a sign i am pushing it to far ?

Corruption and artifacting is usually the first sign your GPU is overheating.

I've had mine run well over 100 degrees for a short sustained amount of time without any problems, though. When I push my card too far it just straight up blue screens and crashes, I don't get any artifacting.

Thorgal

Corruption and artifacting is usually the first sign your GPU is overheating.

I've had mine run well over 100 degrees for a short sustained amount of time without any problems, though. When I push my card too far it just straight up blue screens and crashes, I don't get any artifacting.

overheating cannot be it because i only set my res that high take my pics and return back to normal sometimes in less then 30 seconds .i even did check my temps afterwards and the highest it ever went is 64 C°. Well whithin the safety zone .

i am starting to believe that it is my monitor that is freaking out at that resolution .

The only time i had a BSOD was when i tried to bullshot planetside 2 at ultra settings and i think i overloaded my CPU .

Tok'ra tunnels? ;p

had to google that as i am not a stargate watcher but yes the resemblance is there.

Truly 1 frame per second. But this game looks about 100 times better in motion than in stills, though I was pretty happy with this area. Also, it's only like an hour into the game, so no spoilers.

ibgClrnvjIgbXF.png

I've already seen that screenshot 3 times, lol.

Yeah, looks decent in motion so far. Still has that kinda smoggy look to it.

Trying to hack in my usual no-clip but it crashes left and right. Fickle engine. Yay....

antitrop

The thing about Skyrim is that the shots don't really get repetitive. There's always enough crazy ENBs and mods to have interesting, unique scenes to take shots of.

It's not like Crysis 3 where "Oh, I've seen that field of tall grass 3 times this week already".

EDIT: Uh, no offense to the Crysis 3 shot of tall grass that I didn't notice was on this page until after I made this post. I meant in general.

The thing about Skyrim is that the shots don't really get repetitive. There's always enough crazy ENBs and mods to have interesting, unique scenes to take shots of.

It's not like Crysis 3 where "Oh, I've seen that field of tall grass 3 times this week already".

EDIT: Uh, no offense to the Crysis 3 shot of tall grass that I didn't notice was on this page until after I made this post. I meant in general.

True! Skyrim is cool like that.

This last image has turned into an enb experiment (I just updated it haha). I have manual DOF finally yay! But Not I just need to get rid of the grain (great for gameplay, not for shots).

;) That shot was not about the grass, it was more about the compositon and lighting...

I think I have to remade this pic, the grass is a bit blurry :(

Ok, new shot...

Spazznid

;) That shot was not about the grass, it was more about the compositon and lighting...

I think I have to remade this pic, the grass is a bit blurry :(

Ok, new shot...

You have Chromatic Abberation enabled, which is kind of grating to some people in here. Just food for thought.

i3ODF33HNffG6.png

(lol, I'm one to talk...)

CA is a worthy thing to implement, but it will not be pleasing (moreso than similar effects like grain, and DOF, and motion blur), until it gets to a level of fidelity on par with CG films. I think developers exaggerate the shit out of it so that they can make it simple and still have you think "oh, look at that!". I love some really good CA.

Spazznid

CA is a worthy thing to implement, but it will not be pleasing (moreso than similar effects like grain, and DOF, and motion blur), until it gets to a level of fidelity on par with CG films. I think developers exaggerate the shit out of it so that they can make it simple and still have you think "oh, look at that!". I love some really good CA.

In all honesty, I agree. That's why I love Planetside's implementation so much. I can barely tell it's there, but it adds to the scene.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Chromatic aberration doesn't make sense in a first person game. You're supposed to be controlling a person, not a camera.

Chromatic aberration doesn't make sense in a first person game. You're supposed to be controlling a person, not a camera.

Well, yeah, on the whole I'd agree. The only caveat is that alot of games wish to present themselves more.. not even cinematically, but through a 'lens' of sorts. Otherwise lens flares for instance don't make sense in FPS's either. To me, I think games should decide what they're doing more importantly, not just by what looks good on the cheap. If you aren't going to mimic the eye, have some reasons for it.

Screw all this hokey gloss though. I want better dynamic lighting.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Where are all the amazing Metro pics you lazy bums?

Is it even out yet?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Well, it's using a native FXAA so ... :p You could look over the rules with the suggestions I sent you earlier.

Ooooh I see, yeah sorry about that, mobile-gaf has a tendency of obfuscating pending PMs and all that :(

Thorgal

wanted to post this earlier but gorgot about it.

hkship2013-05-1322-26j3ui6.png

its propably the closest i can get to 4K res.

Well, it's using a native FXAA so ... :p You could look over the rules with the suggestions I sent you earlier.

IMO if the FXAA is built into the game and not removable i think the rules should make an exception to it.

OR you can make a rule that in these cases lumasharpener should be used .

i have never heard a complaint either about posting sleeping dogs bullshots here despite the game using FXAA toghether with msaa.

again just throwing my opinion against the wall here.

Top Bottom