• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 PC Bullshot thread of "1 FPS? That's 1 screenshot per second"

antitrop

I thought Sleeping Dogs used SSAA.

Would the FXAA even be noticeable when playing at 4K with a ton of SSAA on top? In either game?
Sleeping Dogs Extreme AA setting is 4xSSAA + FXAA. To take my bullshots I turned off in-game AA and just used 4K and injected 4x MSAA. If your Sleepy Dawgs shots were using Extreme AA (and they were, IIRC) then the answer to your question I suppose would be no.

I played through Bioshock Infinite using a combination of in-game FXAA and SweetFX SMAA and I thought it looked good enough. That was before someone figured out how to fix the UI scaling from downsampling, so I played the game at 1080p.

Thorgal

sooo .... is it ok to post these ?

If not ill remove them again .

metroll2013-05-1720-35muzs.png

Also to neo and antitrop you where right about SD using SSAA. got the two confused.

Also CAN someone find a way to remove the weapon?

Thorgal

Something seems off about that image quality. Still looks blurry to me.

Switch weapon and take a screenshot in between :p Only way.

i think i had motion blur enabled so that might be it as i was looking around to take pictures of the whole plane .

best to switch that off next time.

Felt this was good enough without any SweetFX to post here

8750206736_9f6abde560_o.png

Except it doesn't work.

Hmm, I like this one more actually :p. (than the one in the hi res that I mentioned).

I'll probably end up playing this after the whole slew of shots and everything. But, at least then I will have the challenge of finding new stuff.

Also lol at you assuming you weren't going to screenshot this game.

Also lol at you assuming you weren't going to screenshot this game.

I tried my usual no-clip shenanigans in Metro 2033 but couldn't get it working. Someone requested that I try in Last Light so I did... and figured I'd put it to use myself. Also, outdoor shots in this game are so much more incredible. They really improved that aspect.

Sethos

Banned
1juzuq.png

Okay, I'm jumping the gun here a bit seeing as Corky hasn't yet had a chance to edit the OP but I figured we might as well announce it. I've gone back and forth with Corky to change the ruleset a bit. However after some ... hiccups in the thread we decided to postpone it a bit.

Well, first of all we're now allowing SweetFX. We had fears about it being misused as we've come across dozen of times before but seeing as this thread is a bit more niche and have members that seem to actually master the fine art of SweetFX, we decided to open the floodgates. We do however require basic settings to be posted, just which options you are using -- Doesn't have to be exact values or sub-tweaks under each effect.

Secondly, we're changing the FXAA ruleset a tiny bit. External use of it is still a no-go, as there's always a better solution available in that case but we are changing it for games with a forced native implementation, meaning Metro, Sleeping Dogs and probably more to come. So you could use SweetFX to sharpen your way out of it if you'd like.

HOWEVER, that still doesn't mean we want to see massively blurry myopia shots. It is possible to minimize the impact of FXAA through downsampling, sharpening etc. and that's what we hope will happen.

As the thread is still a new concept we will be changing the recipe as we go along. However if there's any questions or suggestions, please PM either me or Corky and let's take it from there. Not turn the thread into a big argument.

So hopefully that loosens the rope a bit for some posters.

And as mentioned, frontpage rules haven't been updated to reflect this at the time of writing this. Should happen when Corky has a few spare minutes.

One of my favorites from Dishonored

8645153188_b9d57e6f74_o.png

Settings are quite simple here:
Vibrance: -0.05
Curves: mode 2, type 2, 0.45
LGG: all values 1.020
Sharpening: strength 1.1

My goal here was just to up contrast with curves, overall brightness increase with LGG (since curves can darken games a bit too much), and actually lowering vibrance as curves can strengthen colors a bit. I liked the look I got and stuck with it. Sharpening this high is really only for 4K. Looks terrible at lower resolutions.

One shot per post in here. The shots are good, though, just one shot per post.

Eh, caught too much motion blur in the bottom one.

Thorgal

nice sfeet fx shots guys but it seems i will have to miss the fun because most of my games keeps crashing upon start up.

guess my PC and sweet fx don't get along. :(

oh well.....

nice sfeet fx shots guys but it seems i will have to miss the fun because most of my games keeps crashing upon start up.

guess my PC and sweet fx don't get along. :(

oh well.....

Take a look at your log file. If you placed the files in the right folder, you'll get something in the log file telling you what went wrong. Feel free to PM me with a specific game you're having trouble with. I don't want to derail this into a SweetFX troubleshooting thread :)

Thorgal

Take a look at your log file. If you placed the files in the right folder, you'll get something in the log file telling you what went wrong. Feel free to PM me with a specific game you're having trouble with. I don't want to derail this into a SweetFX troubleshooting thread :)

sadly .i have already removed it from the game .

perhaps i will try again next week.

just to be clear .for some games it works like dishonored but when i try it with LL it freezes my game or pc or CTDs on me.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Hey people, like Sethos already mentioned, we've gone ahead and done some changes to the rules namely with regards to SweetFX and FXAA/post process AA. The no fxaa idea was simply to avoid people using blurry AA when, hopefully, there are other - better - AA solutions or simply no need for it when downsampling from very high resolutions. That still holds true but then you have games like Sleeping Dogs and Metro : LL that have some intrinsic non-removable form of postprocess AA. It would obviously be a shame not to allow those kind of games to be posted due to the desire of avoiding FXAA.

On the subject of SweetFX I started to feel that it needlessly stifled creativity and hindered posters who obviously master the tool from using it. Just keep in mind to use it, just like every other tweak, with moderation and try to refrain from oversharpening or simply ruining an image that would've otherwise worked better without extraneous injectors.

8742845473_ed5784143a_o.png

SweetFX Settings used - Boulotaur2024's injector (applies smaa AFTER sharpening)
Just the settings

The no fxaa idea was simply to avoid people using blurry AA when, hopefully, there are other - better - AA solutions or simply no need for it when downsampling from very high resolutions. That still holds true but then you have games like Sleeping Dogs and Metro : LL that have some intrinsic non-removable form of postprocess AA. It would obviously be a shame not to allow those kind of games to be posted due to the desire of avoiding FXAA.

On the subject of SweetFX... Just keep in mind to use it, just like every other tweak, with moderation and try to refrain from oversharpening or simply ruining an image that would've otherwise worked better without extraneous injectors.

I posted Sleeping Dogs shots before without really knowing what the stance on that sorta thing was. I figured it was ok since Sleeping Dogs used it without you having a choice. Hopefully I didn't make anyone mad with those back when I posted them :)

Agreed on all accounts with SweetFX. Hopefully people don't go too overboard with the settings. Just try not to hurt your girl parts over the multitude of screenshots I'll be setting upon you. I've been holding back.... many :)

Stein3x

This thread is gonna be on fire now lol! Really like the new rules as long as people don't overdue it.

I have a feeling Jim will post his entire Flickr account now :D

Kukuk

Banned
mirrorsedge-2013-05-2vhs61.png

Anyone got a good Nvidia Inspector AA bit? I tried 0x004010C1, but it didn't work.

16xQ looks nice, but the thought of possibly having better AA is bugging me.

Anyone got a good Nvidia Inspector AA bit? I tried 0x004010C1, but it didn't work.

I'd play at the highest resolution possible first. Surely you can go higher than 2160 x 1350? That's an odd resolution. Hardly an improvement over 1080p.

If you want the best image quality, there's no reason not to use TiledShot. Then you can just take 8K screenshots and play at whatever resolution you want.

Naito

Hey neoenigma, I guess you're jim2point0. I love your screenshots, especially those of Metro: LL :)
I should try your no-clip mode one of these days.

So I had my tiledshot setup but didn't realize I was at 3200x1800 so the resulting tiledshot 8 command was probably a little excessive but whatever.

I was also pleasantly surprised by the results of clipping through the ceiling.

ikGLsK0bJl2vH.png

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
baaaaller, how does one execute the tileshot command / bring up the console in ME?

Kukuk

Banned
I'd play at the highest resolution possible first. Surely you can go higher than 2160 x 1350? That's an odd resolution. Hardly an improvement over 1080p.

If you want the best image quality, there's no reason not to use TiledShot. Then you can just take 8K screenshots and play at whatever resolution you want.

Nope, that's the max, at least on my monitor (It's 2.25x 1440 x 900). If I play on my TV I can do 2880 x 1620, but it's less than ideal to drag my computer out to the living room just to take screens.

I'll probably try TiledShot, but I was hoping to get SGSSAA just because even with 16xQ AA I get a fair amount of flickering from jaggies during gameplay.

Top Bottom