• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 PC Bullshot thread of "1 FPS? That's 1 screenshot per second"

I have returned!

grid2_avx2013-05-2801myk6e.png

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Oh damn Grid 2 is out? Fucking hell I really need to get back to playing games again, seriously it's been like barely a month since I sold off my pc and it feels like I have been out of the loop for a full year.

8848015685_92c6d1dc0b_o.jpg

SweetFX
Vibrance: -0.17 (quite a bit of desaturation)
Curves: -0.09 (reducing contrast)
SMAA
No sharpening

I've never been into racing games.... but after Most Wanted, I feel compelled to play more games with cars. Might give Grid 2 a try.

Durante

This thread has a wonderful positive impact on my mood. It's a good place to come back to after reading about the future of gaming in the cloud, or how post-processing AA is totally "good enough" at 1080p since no one can see aliasing at that resolution anyway.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
This thread has a wonderful positive impact on my mood. It's a good place to come back to after reading about the future of gaming in the cloud, or how post-processing AA is totally "good enough" at 1080p since no one can see aliasing at that resolution anyway.

I agree, it's refreshing to see how far ahead """tech-wise""" the pc-platform is when people are talking about the things you mention.

Speaking of resolutions, 2700p, 2400p? People been able to crank out higher custom resolutions lately or is there something else afoot?

antitrop

I agree, it's refreshing to see how far ahead """tech-wise""" the pc-platform is when people are talking about the things you mention.

Speaking of resolutions, 2700p, 2400p? People been able to crank out higher custom resolutions lately or is there something else afoot?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=55482124&postcount=71

I haven't tried it myself because I don't think higher than 4K offers any real benefits except that the numbers look better and are more impressive in the title. 4K shots and Tiledshots look the same to me, so I'm not going to go out of my way to try to get a thousand extra horizontal pixels or anything.

I'm sure there are those who can tell the difference, though. Obviously neoenigma can. Resolution arms races are certainly the intent of the thread, so hey, more power to anyone who feels they need to go above 4K.

EDIT: Beaten!

2400p (via Sethos) is the 16:10 version of 4K I believe. Not having a 16:10 monitor, I'm not sure how that works.

4800x2700, which you may have seen from me (my previous Alan Wake and Gunslinger screenshots), is a windowed mode resolution scaled down to my monitor via SRWE. Pretty nifty way of pushing a game to your video cards absolute limit strictly for screenshot purposes. You can't do it for every game. And unlike downsampling, the resizing is pretty meh and looks worse in-game than in screenshots. Still, I played through the entirety of Gunslinger like that and I thought it looked fine. Also ran fine on my SLI 680s (not a hardware intensive game).

Here's 1 more from Gunslinger.

8851596019_c6414b3da7_o.jpg

Same SweetFX settings as above.

EDIT: Holy balls was I beaten.

I'm sure there are those who can tell the difference, though. Obviously neoenigma can.

In some games I can definitely tell, yeah. Especially those with no additional AA. I wasn't happy with just 4K in Gunslinger.

antitrop

Agent 47's expression makes me laugh out loud in every Hitman bullshot I've seen in this thread.

Seriously, go back and look at all of them, the dude's mug is hilarious. Like he's smelling a fart off screen or something. Maybe it's just me. Maybe he just doesn't like competition to his brand of "silent but deadly".

Agent 47's expression makes me laugh out loud in every Hitman bullshot I've seen in this thread.

Seriously, go back and look at all of them, the dude's mug is hilarious. Like he's smelling a fart off screen or something. Maybe it's just me. Maybe he just doesn't like competition to his brand of "silent but deadly".

Yep, it's a ridiculous face. I had just booted up Hitman to test some injector stuff and that particular level starts off with a nice juicy close up of 47's goofy face. I really didn't remember it looking so strange when I played the game a few months ago.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I would like to imagine "hot" wraps around the left side of his jersey.

Wow I thought about that for a really long time until I realized you meant HIS left.

God damn that was dumb of me, but gotta give props, that was clever lol.

Byah! The newest update to pCars is running like a dream for me and it seems to look better too. And it even seems to work better with the wheel (or Grid 2 just had me in shock. That game can be nasty). Happy day.

afr-friendlyd3d_2013_onrwr.png

Wish the fire didn't look like that though :|

Spazznid

Wow I thought about that for a really long time until I realized you meant HIS left.

God damn that was dumb of me, but gotta give props, that was clever lol.

lol, don't worry, I sat there for a minute trying to figure it out, too, but was too ashamed to let others know unless I wasn't alone...

:D

GRID 2 seemed like it was a nice game to attempt to screenshot, but you only have forced camera angles via in-game cameras, even in replay mode. Laaaaaame =(

GRID 2 seemed like it was a nice game to attempt to screenshot, but you only have forced camera angles via in-game cameras, even in replay mode. Laaaaaame =(

At least for now. But there's plenty of room for awesome just from the visceral nature of the races. And more frustrating to me than the limited camera options is the confusing way motion blur gets applied.

antitrop

Not sure if the rules are against ugly games though. They only seem to indicate that we push games to the highest quality possible.
I would personally love to see bullshots of older games, too. Within reason. I know Lime has posted like Silent Hill 4 and shit, and I would definitely be pleased by seeing a larger variety of games than just the typical 2010-2013 stuff.

People are quoting me from 2 weeks ago? I was just responding to someone who made a comment about a pretty old game, saying "this is the bullshot thread."

Anywhoozle, guess I can post a screenshot.

8837330191_5f65e59538_o.jpg

SweetFX
Vibrance: -0.17 (quite a bit of desaturation)
Curves: -0.09 (reducing contrast)
SMAA
No sharpening

antitrop

i01OvdR7Ro6Yp.png

People are quoting me from 2 weeks ago? I was just responding to someone who made a comment about a pretty old game, saying "this is the bullshot thread."

I often like to go back and look through the last 3-4 pages or so when I'm bored, this thread is nice like that.
Your comment caught my attention and I thought I would express my my interest in seeing older games, as well. =D

And your Gunslinger shots have all been exceptional.

Nibel

Damn, Gunslinger looks pretty cool

How is the game? Worth it? I remember playing one CoJ game with two brothers which was pretty neat; is it anything like it?

Does that make it any less relevant?

Nope. I was just wondering why nobody commented on it back then but suddenly are now :p

Your comment caught my attention and I thought I would express my my interest in seeing older games, as well. =D

Seeing as I joined the board late, I often to back through the high-res thread and look through stuff to get ideas as to what games I could check out. That thread used to move soooo much faster. I saw 1 day get 5 pages @_@

Spazznid

Nope. I was just wondering why nobody commented on it back then but suddenly are now :p

Seeing as I joined the board late, I often to back through the high-res thread and look through stuff to get ideas as to what games I could check out. That thread used to move soooo much faster. I saw 1 day get 5 pages @_@

Crysis release?
lol

I can actually play at these settings with around 12-16 fps! (for some that's unplayable, but ye forget, I crank up SGSSAA and Ambient Occlusion, along with whatever else possible just to play Half-Life 2 at 10-ish fps with no hud. I'm Hardcore)
ibwjBDw98HAcfP.png

Spazznid

It's funny. I'm doing 4k with my Bravia TV... It was impossible with the 580, but now I can do it with 60 fps.. is there a reason?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
ibujMc3e6G48Jk.jpg

I'd prefer to have this in quotes, but for what this thread is I guess it wouldn't really be allowed?

If anyone has issue with it I'll swap it out for a non portrait shot.

Top Bottom