• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 PC Bullshot thread of "1 FPS? That's 1 screenshot per second"

antitrop

ibhe14mORaOtU.png

Quoting because I feel bad that it was the last on the page and it was good:
Aw yiss, finally un-banned. Been sitting on this screen for like a week. Probably going to be my last Dishonored screen.

dishonored-neogaf2g8p8n.png

Hopefully the spots where I photoshop'd bodies out aren't too obvious.

Looks like an ENB worth using! Good looking buildings? Gasp! You have a link to the version you're using (before I get home from work and decide to google for it)? Just formatted my computer and have to go through the entire GTA IV setup process again, and will have to give this ENB a try.

You have a white, jaggy outline around a lot of objects. Wonder what's causing that

EDIT: image changed. no white lines detected there. I suspect it might have been an after effect of the crazy wind\debris\tornado thing

Thorgal

You have a white, jaggy outline around a lot of objects. Wonder what's causing that

do you mean the debris in the whirwind only ?

strange. i have another picture from the same scene and they are not there. ( unless my eyes are going bad)

http://abload.de/image.php?img=alanwake2013-04-2323-7fui6.png

unless some pictures got mixed up with my bullshots .

if not could it be distortion from the whirlwind and the lightning?

if you see in the link that jaggies are also there ill remove them both.

otherwise ill swith the two.

EDIT also forgot to add i used lanczos2.

Not an amazing screenshot or anything. Just trying to get a few screens with SSAA. Capturing these at 6 FPS is hard. I need new hardware :(

8706304359_0d17dc303b_o.png

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Not an amazing screenshot or anything. Just trying to get a few screens with SSAA. Capturing these at 6 FPS is hard. I need new hardware :(

I don't know if you have a version of the game where the HUD disable still works, but if you do, you can pause the game at any time, disable the HUD (the pause menu), reposition the camera, change the resolution to whatever you need, take a screenshot, and then put everything back to normal.

For the sake of a bullshot thread, that screenshot looks incredibly oversharpened.

I don't know if you have a version of the game where the HUD disable still works, but if you do, you can pause the game at any time, disable the HUD (the pause menu), reposition the camera, change the resolution to whatever you need, take a screenshot, and then put everything back to normal.

Considering the screenshot I just shared would be impossible without a free camera, it's safe to say that I'm using a version that works with it :) Racer_S updated it (after I threw a donation at him).

Thing is, you can reposition the camera but you cant change settings. If you go into the graphics menu and change something, exiting the graphics menu unpauses the game and the shot you had set up will be ruined. Even if you immediately pause again... at 6 FPS, the next paused position could be drastically different.
For the sake of a bullshot thread, that screenshot looks incredibly oversharpened.

It certainly has noticeable aliasing. 1920x1080 = no downsampling?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Considering the screenshot I just shared would be impossible without a free camera, it's safe to say that I'm using a version that works with it :) Racer_S updated it (after I threw a donation at him).

Yeah I knew that, but the version that he had released still WORKED with NFS:MW, only the HUD toggle didn't work and I know there are work arounds for that.

Thing is, you can reposition the camera but you cant change settings. If you go into the graphics menu and change something, exiting the graphics menu unpauses the game and the shot you had set up will be ruined. Even if you immediately pause again... at 6 FPS, the next paused position could be drastically different.

Fuckin, yes! So glad he finally updated it, all these shots have had me itchin so I downloaded NFS again the other day I've gotta hop back in.

Also, yeah I wasn't sure if it was a lack of AA or just sharpening after the fact because the sword didn't seem really jaggy but the design all over the armor was heinous.

Stein3x

Nice shot, i had the same problem were i went into settings, changed to 4K and when i got back the shot was ruined. 6 fps with 2x680 ? i always have one digit FPS with my 560ti when capturing 4K shots :) , i definitely need a new card

Nice shot, i had the same problem were i went into settings, changed to 4K and when i got back the shot was ruined. 6 fps with 2x680 ? i always have one digit FPS with my 560ti when capturing 4K shots :) , i definitely need a new card

3840x2160 + 4x SSAA. Yeah. Destroys my 680s =(

1 more for now

8707948480_e7ccf79a96_o.png

Figured this was worth a bullshot, since I'm proud of finding the friggin thing. There's so many render targets in the game and they're hidden off in space a million miles away.
Also, its nice to see this game cleaned up.

highres_screenshot_00w7e67.png

Shaneus

Figured this was worth a bullshot, since I'm proud of finding the friggin thing. There's so many render targets in the game and they're hidden off in space a million miles away.
Cleaned up, just in regards to running it at 4K or is there something else that's been done to make it a bit neater (engine-wise)?

Cleaned up, just in regards to running it at 4K or is there something else that's been done to make it a bit neater (engine-wise)?

Just the aliasing. At 4k its still balls, so it needs a tildeshot 4 on top of that. And there still remains a bit o' aliased lines. I did however try to add AO, but I don't think I succeeded.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

highres_screenshot_00w7e67.png

From my time with the game, all you had to do was enable the dev console and set "res 340x2160" I'm not sure if you're doing another much more difficult method, but that should work.

From my time with the game, all you had to do was enable the dev console and set "res 340x2160" I'm not sure if you're doing another much more difficult method, but that should work.

Nah, i just set res in the config file, and bound a tiledshot. The hard thing was noclipping into the glitch-ether to find the hidden location of the render target models for that cool room with all the 'art'. You made gifs of em.

I know this isn't exactly a game, but it is inside the Source Engine.

I decided to mess with Source Filmmaker for the first time and put this together in a couple hours. I do like being able to output an image at basically whatever resolution you want.

ibbOh5KHKz9sAp.png

It helps obscure the horrendous view distance \ LOD where possible... but when you climb to those huge vantage points, you can see entire blocks of terrain with like no texture at all

antitrop

Not sure what I was expecting going in, but I've been pretty disappointed by this game graphically.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7338/8717612200_0ffe5e6230_o.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Which is a damn shame, because The American Revolution seems like such a fascinating setting for great screen shots.

Assassin's Creed is just a disappointing franchise in general, but hey, you know what they say...
[quote]Games like this only come around once in a generation. Assassin’s Creed III is a beautiful, sprawling adventure that proves to be one of the most, if not the most, ambitious titles ever created. Just when you think you have it figured out, an entirely new element is introduced that enriches it further, rendering it one of the least repetitive experiences to be had with a controller. An inspiring testament to what can be accomplished with unbridled devotion, it’s possible that nothing of this magnitude will ever be attempted again. No matter if you’re a fan of the series, or even the genre, Assassin’s Creed III must be experienced; it’s a truly definitive event that will be looked-back as a crucial step in gaming evolution.[/quote]

Pack it up, Games Industry.

I haven't even gotten to the point where I use the main character in this game. And I don't know how long I can put up with this guy.

That also looks SweetFXed. Maybe that will help liven up this game's visuals. I haven't done anything with that yet.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I haven't even gotten to the point where I use the main character in this game. And I don't know how long I can put up with this guy.

That also looks SweetFXed. Maybe that will help liven up this game's visuals. I haven't done anything with that yet.

I just looked it up and yep.

He posted his settings here

Max settings in-game and downsample from 3200x1800.

And here is my Sweetfx settings:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?1ceo2vtksst4cym

sam27368

Banned
Wow. This is just editing the config and running it in windowed mode. Fits to the desktop on its own. Holy shit.

Flips between annihilating my vram and running at about 20fps :/

blr2013-04-2622-16-0053s4l.png

What a complete rip off from the old HL2 mod Nuclear Dawn (map reused in the HL2 mod off limits)

OffLimits_2009-01-18_01.jpg

Top Bottom