• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daft Punk - Random Access Memories appear on iTunes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dany

Banned
OLBwlDo.gif

Yes I want it now.

jtb

Banned
I think they know that the secrecy is part of the charm. They'll reveal the song titles at some point; they probably have a pretty set schedule for the drip feed up until release.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
I think they know that the secrecy is part of the charm. They'll reveal the song titles at some point; they probably have a pretty set schedule for the drip feed up until release.
They must be pretty confident it won't leak.

Fjordson

Yeah, probably.

Also, this is the same song as the first snippet, right? Just more effects and vocals on top now.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, probably.

Also, this is the same song as the first snippet, right? Just more effects and vocals on top now.
The beat count is the same and the progression in the clips very similar, so I'd say yes. The instrumentation is very different though, so I'm guessing it's one of the long tracks and it goes through a few changes.

Aurongel

Yeah, probably.

The beat sounds the same so I'm assuming yes. The loop someone posted on this page merges both the second sample with the first and they match up perfectly.

Also, Random Access Memories is a great album title.

Fjordson

I do wish they had that "daft punk" logo on the cover. Not that I don't love the two helmet one and how the RAM title looks.

-Mikey-

Should I wait for the LP to show up on Amazon or snap a copy right now?

I'll keep listening to these snippets until I can decide!

-GJ-

I hope the cover is still the DP logo, but with 2 cardboard sleeves of 6*12 cm over it with the helmets on it that you have to take off of the jewelcase like the helmets on the website.

Draper

Man, I never got into Daft Punk (Enjoyed some of the Tron OST) but now I'm psyched for this new album and am using the new music snippet as my ringtone.

Why you always do this to me GAF?

that snippet sounds exactly like a Nile Rodgers riff and then I look up the wikipedia page and it turns out they collaborated to with him on the record, go figure

Man, I never got into Daft Punk (Enjoyed some of the Tron OST) but now I'm psyched for this new album and am using the new music snippet as my ringtone.

Why you always do this to me GAF?

Dude, you better do your homework so that you can make the important discovery that Daft Punk are not just human after all.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Name me their best album and I'll go buy it off iTunes. It's a start.
Hard call between Homework and Discovery. I might go with Homework, but Discovery is more accessible.
Alive 2007 is also amazing, probably their best work, but it's a live album.

grkazan12

that snippet sounds exactly like a Nile Rodgers riff and then I look up the wikipedia page and it turns out they collaborated to with him on the record, go figure

Yeah man, it's been known for a while he's been out there talking about how great the album is. Also, they have been working with famed 70s Italian producer Giorgio Moroder on this album.

Kc72G.jpg

Lennington

Neo Member
So this is actually happening. Next up a new Tool album and Half Life 3.

IMO

Alive 2007 -> Discovery -> Homework -> Human After All

Hard call between Discovery and Homework but nostalgia for those music videos probably edges it for Discovery for me.

Dany

Banned
Alive is my favorite but maybe you need to have some semblance of fandom to really appreciate it for what it is.

gdt

Start with Discovery....then go to Homework.....then top it off with the best of all. Alive 2007. If you're still hungry go for Human After All afterwards.

Draper

Alive is my favorite but maybe you need to have some semblance of fandom to really appreciate it for what it is.

Start with Discovery....then go to Homework.....then top it off with the best of all. Alive 2007. If you're still hungry go for Human After All afterwards.

Yeah, I recognize some of the tracks from Discovery, so I think it'll make for a smooth transition into their work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom