• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Planning “Some Intriguing Game Announcements” This Week

Pandemic

Fred Dutton, SCEE Blog Manager, has said that the company has “a busy week in the offing” and teases that there are “some intriguing game announcements planned”.

He made the comments on the official Blog, but didn’t return to the comments section to add anything further, frustratingly.

In previous years Sony has made several announcements in the weeks before E3 (which is next month) – titles revealed this way include LittleBigPlanet 2, MotorStorm Apocalypse and Infamous 2.

It’s assumed that a reveal for Gran Turismo 6 on PS3 is expected soon, but this could be talking about PlayStation Vita or even PlayStation 4 games, potentially to offset anything Microsoft have lined up.

Today’s a bank holiday, so all eyes on the rest of the week.

Source

Apologies if posted, tried searching but nothing popped up.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I think this will be like many years. They have the PS3, PSP, PSV, and PS4 coming. They are not going to be able to fit everything in one presser.

We should see a slow trickle of info on many fronts.

ekim

Title is a little bit misleading - he never states, that this announcements will happen this week.

GT6 sounds about right. Maybe something about a PS4 version?

Edit: I guess a YOPO GT6 where they essentially give away a Vita version could really drive sales.

Averon

I hope Sony does not blow their E3 load weeks before E3 like they usually do. It would be nice to be genuinely surprised when watching their presser.

I noticed Sony has some very interesting games coming out soon like Puppeteer and a couple of others.

Seems like they take more risks and is more creative than Nintendo.

Ushae

Banned
Cockblocking MS with 2 weeks left for the announcement?

More competition, the better for the rest of us.

GT6 wouldn't surprise me. Now some Vita goodness would make me happy, but I know I'm one of the few that would be intrigued by this. Likely a slew of PS3 games being announced. PS4 will have its moment closer to the MS event and everything following that such as E3, Gamescom, TGS, etc...

Legend of Dragoon 2 will be announced this week. I know that it won't, but I'll never stop believing.

Takao

Banned
I think this will be like many years. They have the PS3, PSP, PSV, and PS4 coming. They are not going to be able to fit everything in one presser.

We should see a slow trickle of info on many fronts.

PSP is dead in regards to new software/hardware announcements from Sony. PS3 should be there too but I'm sure Sony has a bunch of Move games, LBP3, and GT6 to announce.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Tons of Indies on Vita! Yay!
I totally believe Sony's going to sabotage the PS3 version's sales by announcing a PS4 port before launch. Totally.

That would be a good thing though for PS4 sales if it was the generally better version.

*ahem* Will say it one last time...here goes...

Valkyria Chronicles HD Collection, withbevery DLC and in English, published by SCEA! :D

Okay, I'll continue to cry in the corner now. :(

sense

I totally believe Sony's going to sabotage the PS3 version's sales by announcing a PS4 port before launch. Totally.

my guess would be buy the ps3 version and you can download the ps4 version when the system launches for free. i would guess you probably need to hold on to disc or buy it digitally and that could curb some trade ins and i am expecting this with all their ps3 releases going forward where you get a digital ps4 version free if they are smart or maybe tie it behind a plus subscription. a lot of options for sony IF they are smart.

Basil

Banned
Is this likely to be new game announcements really or just a big deal being made of the expected big June refresh for Plus IGC with the annual titles being updated and all?

Top Bottom