• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD: Ghosts 30 min livestream on Game Informer (June 9th 1PM CT/2PM ET)

Sethos

Banned
Okay let's break down that GIF;

A single dog jumps in a window, makes a lot of noise. A few seconds later 5 trained guys with weapons somehow break down a wooden door so it explodes and they all come running out, one guy firing over his head and apparently hitting on of his own ... None of them thought of shooting the dog.

The door explodes for fuck sake!

Is this a fucking comedy act?

spannicus

Im gonna buy this shit hehe, I like games all colors and all sizes, I cant take my money with me when im dead but atleast I can leave all deez good ass gaemz to my kid lol

kanuuna

Nice to see Infinity Ward reintroducing color to their games. Those oilrig and skyscraper scenes were quite pretty, too.
1080p at 60 frames per second on consoles is really a must though.

Duxxy3

Not sure if GIFs have been made yet.

dogexplosionbaq3k.gif

hahaha

there's one guy running away and blind-firing backwards

the game looks ridiculous but that's ok with me

One of the things that is terrible about CoD singleplayer is how unsatisfying it is to shoot enemies. There is no ragdoll or feeling of impact when you hit them.

I mean fucking xbox games had ragdoll :(

i think what he/she is trying to say is that these graphics aren't anything special. being that it's running on next-gen hardware and all that.

i want to see some side-by-side comparisons of the current-gen CODghosts and next-gen CODghosts.

Of course they're not special, they're still using the same engine with a bunch of tweaks to things like textures, particle effects, lighting, etc. Remember that the next gen versions will just be up-res'd 360/PS3 versions and prettier.

Once they make COD exclusively for PS4/X1 is when we'll see the games really look different.

Sorry guys but I'm going to leak the oscar worthy story now, dont read if you don't want to get spoiled:

You, your mate and Riley go on badass secret missions to kill russians while fish dodge you, one day you find out that your mate is a actually the big boss of the bad russians and was undercover, you try to kill big boss but he gives Riley some poisoned Pedigree before he escapes, Riley dies in your arms and you swear revenge, 7 months later you finally get another chance to kill big boss but boom
COD: GHOSTS 2 2014.

A dog named Riley from Activision.

The part where you play the dog. Just.. HOW? Is he a cyborg? Is he more intelligent than the COD AI? Just HOW?

Prologue

Looks ok. I played mw3 for a few months when it came out and thats it. I guess I'm not as drained as most people here from the franchise.

Nokterian

A single dog jumps in a window, makes a lot of noise. A few seconds later 5 trained guys with weapons somehow break down a wooden door so it explodes and they all come running out, one guy firing over his head and apparently hitting on of his own ... None of them thought of shooting the dog.

Well it is CoD you know. AMP UP THA ACTION..

It never makes sense at all.

teokrazia

From a technical perspective it doesn't seem a monster, but I liked what they've shown.
About gameplay I've lost any hope years ago: they will go after the setpecies-mania that modern adult oriented gamers like so much instead of making situations robuster.

DR3AM

hahaha that looked horrible, the water sequence looked pretty decent.

maybe they split up the team with current gen and next gen and simply combined the levels

Not sure if GIFs have been made yet.

dogexplosionbaq3k.gif

Do you know how hard it is to kick a door in? And this seemingly sturdy door made out of massive wood, splinters into thousand pieces because a dog jumps at a soldier who stumbles against it?

"Next-Gen makes games more realistic"

Yet throwing a grenade at it would leave only a black mark. Developers still don't seem to get what some of us want from next-gen I guess.

RulkezX

I'm not going to judge next gen visuals on a CoD game , much like I wouldn't judge current gen visuals on Blops 2.

Saying that , I didn't think it looked that bad.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

You act like you've never seen a CoD game...

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
With all these ocean scenes, they should have added Call of Duty Dolphin.

Developers have inexplicably been moving away from full ragdoll. They don't look like they're made of jelly anymore, so I don't see the problem. Half-Life 2 had ragdolls with actual weight. But since then it's just pre-animated deaths all day every day.

Jackpot

Banned
Please enlighten all of us. I'm sure you, Sethos, and Aunt have a wide dearth of knowledge about military grade weaponry.

More than you apparently. He's holding an APS.

Underwater, ordinary-shaped bullets are inaccurate and very short-range. The APS fires a steel bolt caliber 5.66 mm (specially designed for this rifle and is often mistaken as 5.56 mm) and 120 mm (4.75 in) long. Its magazine holds 26 cartridges. The APS's barrel is not rifled; the fired projectile is kept in line by hydrodynamic effects. As a result, the APS is somewhat inaccurate when fired out of water.

You didn't recognise the yesteryear iron sights and AK-style top cover?

Paches

That was a great play-by-play. What a joke of a sequence.

Does CoD still makes you guys excited? Feels like forever since I felt like that. I guess I'm fps burned

I recently replayed COD4 campaign, and it's still brilliant. They just got so much right with that game. Since then though, I couldn't really care less about any of them.

~~Hasan~~

dude is running out of the door and firing backwards into his own guys

lolol that made me laugh

In fairness the stream is pretty poor quality.

Also we've only seen BF4 running on a 7990. Next-gen isn't going to hit those heights...
Very unlikely BF4 will run at 60fps on consoles. It's a compromise on consoles - you either get high-end graphics or fluid 6-fps gameplay, and CoD has always been about 60fps. Also, don't judge it by the live stream because it looked like shit. Watch the very end of the stream where they showed a direct-feed, which looked phenomenal.

i will wait for 1080p video to judge more on the graphics since yes the live stream was poor

-PXG-

It's only missing the Benny Hill theme.

Top Bottom