• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The all-singing, all-dancing Revolution speculation and/or news thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir0x

Banned
Dragona Akehi said:
Put it here. Or else. This shit is getting rediculous.

*cough* ridiculous ;)

Metroid Prime owns

SGT Killjoy said:
omg another dumb revolution thread. what a fucking surprise. Was the one that just got locked not enough?

Uh, Killjoy, that's Dragona. Mod class. Totally putting the hammer down, this is now the official place for Rev speculation.

And thank God for that, fuck five hundred threads.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Breaking News from Matt C: New Revolution details might possibly appear at sometime in the not too distant future.

Bless you, I don't think anyone could stand another "wait until ____day for Rev details" thread. Nintendo keeps their details on lockdown...

EDIT: I'll calm down. :lol

Timen

I remember the DS not leaking until one day before unveiling.

at least, only then we KNEW it had two screens.

Unison

Milhouse31 said:
The lack of owls in this thread is disturbing

o9hi0bu1yw.jpg

That one cracks me up every time. :lol

acidviper

Banned
gstaff said:
Mark your calendars for 9/16

That's Japan time though and they are 13 hours ahead of EST. +13 hours our time or +10 hours PST.

So its probably going to hit America late evening 9/16 if they announce in the morning (Japanese time) or if its in the afternoon(Japanese time) 9/17 Saturday early morning.

Anyone know what time the TGS announcement is?

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world
You're gonna like whatcha see. Muchos in-production s/w at last. Nintendo has done a damned fine job in keeping those third-parties quiet. . . but then it always does.

Amir0x said:
*cough* ridiculous ;)

Metroid Prime owns

Uh, Killjoy, that's Dragona. Mod class. Totally putting the hammer down, this is now the official place for Rev speculation.

And thank God for that, fuck five hundred threads.

oh. then whoops. I have no idea who the mods are. I should look that up.

deadhorse32

Bad Art ™
JetSetHero said:
You're gonna like whatcha see. Muchos in-production s/w at last. Nintendo has done a damned fine job in keeping those third-parties quiet. . . but then it always does.

I hope you are right

shig.owl.believe.jpg

AniHawk

AssMan said:
Has Gamefaq members invaded our board?

Only me, Greekboy (banned), Galian Beast (also banned), Link316, CVXFREAK, Raw64Life, Francois the Great, Jonnyram, and a few others.

Ferny84

Banned
I was a GameFAQs member, but was banned after posting a serious question <they thought I was invading their board>...

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
AniHawk said:
Only me, Greekboy (banned), Galian Beast (also banned), Link316, CVXFREAK, Raw64Life, Francois the Great, Jonnyram, and a few others.
With the amount of times GAF is mentioned there I bet it's a hell of a lot more than a few others.

AniHawk

Fuzzy said:
With the amount of times GAF is mentioned there I bet it's a hell of a lot more than a few others.

Well maybe a few others I'd recognize.

There's also one of the other D-list trolls that likes to post here a lot, especially in japanese sales threads. Can't remember his name.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
AniHawk said:

There's also one of the other D-list trolls that likes to post here a lot, especially in japanese sales threads. Can't remember his name.

Well I know about Galian Beast and that pro Sony guy mono something, what's your name on gfaqs anyways?

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Ancestor_of_Erdrick said:
I knew it!

Well, if you've been to the Next Gen Gaming board on Gfaqs, you'd know that he is probably the most annoying and assholish poster on the board.

Johnas

GSG Flash said:
Well, if you've been to the Next Gen Gaming board on Gfaqs, you'd know that he is probably the most annoying and assholish poster on the board.

:lol I'm not too familiar with GameFaqs message board (browsed a few times) but IGN's is abominable, IMO. I don't see it get spoken about here very often. Every poster has 74 numbers behind their name and a five-line signature.

AniHawk

GSG Flash said:

Yeah, which says a LOT.

I'm pretty convinced whoever was Nick21 posts here, and that alien nine also posts here.

Well, alien nine SHOULD post here.

I also forgot about 3 other people that made the transition: Maester Kinoc, Old Stumpy, and Bingo the Clowno.

What gives???

A revolution thread without baseless speculation, several my console is better than yours posts, lots of hurt feelings and only TWO owl pics?

GAF must not be feeling well.

M3wThr33

Banned
citrus lump said:
What gives???

A revolution thread without baseless speculation, several my console is better than yours posts, lots of hurt feelings and only TWO owl pics?

GAF must not be feeling well.

OWL-nly you can increase the owl population.

I also forgot about 3 other people that made the transition: Maester Kinoc, Old Stumpy, and Bingo the Clowno.

:)

I know A LOT of people from Gamefaqs that come to these boards. Most of them simply lurk here, though. Some that post:

TyphonSentra
Monojoro
GameDeveloperSage (I think he has an account here...I was trying to help him get one...if he is here, I don't remember his name.)

Vargas

AniHawk said:

gamewhopper.

Firest0rm

GameSpot comments on the Sponge rumor
---------------------------------------------------------
RUMOR #1: The Nintendo Revolution and its controller will be fully unveiled at the Tokyo Game Show on September 16.

Source: The scuttlebuttlcious *****.

The official story: "Nintendo does not comment on speculation."--Nintendo of America spokesperson.

What we heard: Adopting its typical--and not always unwarranted--self-congratulatory tone, ***** this week trumpeted the fact that it had learned exactly when the Revolution and its vaunted controller would be revealed. However, its assertion that the deed will be done at TGS next month wasn't quite as surprising as the site made it out to be. Rumors to the same effect have been swirling ever since Nintendo president Satoru Iwata announced he would be delivering a keynote at the event. *****'s "exclusive" echoed that speculation, saying that Iwata will offer "an explicit outline of the [Revolution] hardware and its controller and input mechanic" and will "illustrate exactly how it will work." The site says executives will also show off several games on the console, including the title popularly referred to as "Mario 128." Indeed, TGS seems like an opportune time to finally take the wraps off the Revolution, which is supposed to launch sometime next year. It would also make sense strategically, as Microsoft is planning a pre-TGS conference where it is expected to reveal the Xbox 360's price and Sony says the PlayStation 3 will be present in some form at the event. Iwata's very presence is also noteworthy. Although he addressed TGS two years ago, his company traditionally eschews the event altogether, meaning he likely has a special reason for turning up. But is there any evidence of the Revolution unveiling other than Iwata? According to *****, "Nintendo is assembling key media to attend this year’s show." However, "assembling" is a bit much, as the company has not been waging a major media campaign promoting Iwata's speech. That's probably because they don't have to, as every game journalist worth his or her salt is trying to get in to hear what Iwata does--and doesn't--say.

Bogus or not bogus?: We'll see next month, but sources close to Nintendo say a next-gen Mario demo is a strong probability.

AniHawk

Vargas said:
gamewhopper.

Even worse, and headed in the opposite direction.

And Vargas. Vargas came over.

Man, I didn't know gamewhooper or typhonsentra were from NGG. Makes sense though.

It seems this rumor of the 16th is gaining steam. A known insider at the Other Age has made a thread too.

And holy shit @ new mario demo. Could this all be true, seeing as how nintendo wanted to show the controller/ interface with software?

Heres hoping to some REAL info released. At least so all the speculation will stop. Who knows, maybe we'll get a hint of the Revolutions graphical capabilites too. :)

Juice

I was out shopping today and bought an extra pair of jeans to replace the pair I happen to be wearing on Sept. 16, just in case this new Mario game does to me what Mario 64's unveiling did.

Barring any really stange turn of events, I would have been shocked before Sp 0 ng's news story if Nintendo didn't unveil at TGS. They promised they'd show it before the end of the year, and they're running out of visible opportunities. It's taking Nintendo more and more political capital to get the media out to their own exclusive events these days.

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world
citrus lump said:
It seems this rumor of the 16th is gaining steam. A known insider at the Other Age has made a thread too.

And holy shit @ new mario demo. Could this all be true, seeing as how nintendo wanted to show the controller/ interface with software?

Heres hoping to some REAL info released. At least so all the speculation will stop. Who knows, maybe we'll get a hint of the Revolutions graphical capabilites too. :)

It's not a rumour, it's just that some websites, ie *****, can't keep their mouths shut when they're told something in confidence. Next time they won't be told anything in confidence :)

Juice

JetSetHero said:
It's not a rumour, it's just that some websites, ie *****, can't keep their mouths shut when they're told something in confidence. Next time they won't be told anything in confidence :)

OMFG! JetSetHero is the unpublished anonymous source!!!! ORLYTON!

On a side note, I think anyone who "confirms" a release date and it doesn't happen, should get a vacation. It would certainly slim down all of the crap predictions.(looks at Johnny N.) ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom