• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 NBA 2K6 preview

Cloudy

Banned
DMczaf said:
Please dont tell me you fell for that fake crap. Come on Konex, it said VC told IGN at the Sports Gaming Convention. Have you ever heard of this convention? :lol

I WANT TO BELIEVE!!!! >_<

Zep

Banned
And. Hahahaha, EA cant catch a break at all...They went as far as to outsource for NBA Live 360 and still cant match 2k's level. Funny Shit.

DMczaf: You might wanna play WSB2K5 on xbox or WSB2K3, MVP is not very good. But thats just my opinoin.

Cloudy: Yes, i keep forgetting about that. I cant wait, i think it might have fake footbal teams or something in that area, but with VC style 2k graphics and sound. Either way, its good and i will buy it. Even tho i am happy playing 2k2, and 2k3 and 2k4 and 2k5 for the moment and years to come.

Jewbacca

Banned
[stewie] So.... hows the dreamcast re-awakening going... huh.... Are the developers flocking... are the games looking good.... any RPG's?... How about online... How does the online gaming look hmm? [/stewie]

DMczaf said:
Could you imagine MVP Baseball on 360?! But this wont happen, due to you know who.

Is college baseball coming to 360? Anything with that sweet MVP engine is fine with me...

IMO, WSB isn't even in the same league as MVP Baseball

TigerKnee

nba-2k6-20050930031517934.jpg

SWEAT BABY!

SUCK IT EA!

i cant belive thats what it will look like =/

serisouly, with this PGR3 and Perfect Dark ( maybe to a slightly lesser extent ) the 360 is looking insane =/

shpankey

not an idiot
Good Lord this is just... what the mother fuck? This is possible? I can't believe my eyes... I am just... shocked... in a good way. VC you are fucking talented!

EA, you need to learn how to develop on X360... cause a lot of other developers out there are owning you in the ass on it. ::prays Madden can look close to this::

Can't get over this... wow... this is some crazy graphics!

Fuma

Banned
Nobiru said:
i cant belive thats what it will look like =/

serisouly, with this PGR3 and Perfect Dark ( maybe to a slightly lesser extent ) the 360 is looking insane =/

Agreed. I think these impressive graphics of late or so shocking because of how poor the games looked on the much weaker graphics cards from the early beta kits. Now we are really seeing how powerful the system is.

SonnyBoy

VC should released a football player model and have it on display at their booth. They should say that this is what you'd be playing if it weren't for EA and the NFL love making.

It'd be in every magazine and it'd definately raise some eyebrows.

Im cancelling my madden preorder and buying this instead!

Helznicht

Are EA developing on the same system??

I just think alot of these developers are hitting the code again after the new dev kits arrived putting some more effort (and $$$) into the games before shipment. But thats not EAs style. They are done spending money on this launch. All IMO of course.

shpankey

not an idiot
EA needs to step it up... cause I ain't gonna support no half-ass shit... which, after looking at PGR3 and now this, is obviously exactly what they're doing. X05 better have a smooth playing nice graphics Madden is all I can say.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
goddamn! i don't like basketball sims, but i'm buying this to impress nongaming friends with.

shpankey

not an idiot
when all my friends see this game... they are gonna shit. they will be freaking out, trust me. none of us expected these kind of graphics. not from first gen stuff.

blows my mind as to what the x360 and ps3 will eventually be able to do later in the consoles lives.

hgplayer1

DaddyZ said:
*waits for ramirez to tell us why this doesnt look good*

not that I think Ramirez will come in here and say anything negative about these pics.......but......you can see the floor through the arm hole in Lebron's jersey in that last shot.

I wonder why some of these games look SO MUCH BETTER than the rest of the X360 games. Even some of the developers that have consistently raised the bar on graphics in the past cannot touch what PGR3 and NBA 2k6 have done in terms of graphics. I mean, come on. Each one of these players looks better than the characters in DOA4, and there are two full teams of them, each with realistic cloth phyics, muscle movement, and sweat. DOA4 has much more impressive environments, but this game also has ten thousand people in the audience. Why the difference?

xabre

Banned
I would like smoother animation on the players, it's better than last gen but with graphics this good flaws in animation tend to become more noticeable.

360 is also starting to interest me as a console I may want to purchase in the future.

hgplayer1

what is the new "56k go away" catch phrase gonna be since a lot of vids for 360 games are gonna be in 720p and some PCs cant run them well. I have to save the vid in my shared folder on the PC then watch them on the laptop.

shpankey

not an idiot
Sathsquatch said:
I wonder why some of these games look SO MUCH BETTER than the rest of the X360 games. Even some of the developers that have consistently raised the bar on graphics in the past cannot touch what PGR3 and NBA 2k6 have done in terms of graphics. I mean, come on. Each one of these players looks better than the characters in DOA4, and there are two full teams of them, each with realistic cloth phyics, muscle movement, and sweat. DOA4 has much more impressive environments, but this game also has ten thousand people in the audience. Why the difference?
that's a great question... i was wondering the same thing. i mean, looking at the EA stuff (which is barf next to the two games you mentioned) and stuff like COD2 and some of the other games... it's obvious there's a huge cavern between these dev teams. VC and BC are pwning fucking everyone. EA should look at these two games and be ashamed of themselves. i am sticking to my prediction that we won't see the TRUE next-gen Madden till PS3.

Zep

Banned
Ramirez said:
Look ladies,I have a fanclub,Im touched...I'm soooo negative...guess that's why I bought 2K6 today eh?

Also said your gonna regret it, right? yep...

and stop catching feelings, i was only fuckin wit ya.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
These shots are going to make playing this generation's games (Live or 2k6) much harder.

hgplayer1

Sathsquatch said:

I honestly think in the case of DOA that they had a specific style they were going for with the characters and they stuck with it. I dont think they wanted muscles to rip and sweat to bead up on the characters bodies. who knows, maybe Team Ninja is ready to stun us the same way T2 has.

FightyF

Banned
Sathsquatch said:

There's a simple explanation. Many of the 360 games are ports from the Xbox or PC, and understandably they don't look that great.

A game like DoA4 has an artstyle that's somewhat restricted. If you look at the CG art, and compare it to the 360 game, it looks pretty close. Obviously, with pre-rendered CG there is no boundaries on what they can do...yet it looks pretty simple. I wish they added self shadowing on the characters, and the 360 can easily do it, but Itagaki obviously disagrees.

J2 Cool

The eyes look like gorilla eyes... They freak me out they're so human! Gorillas I mean. They're so aware and Lebron James is so sweaty. I love it.

shpankey

not an idiot
this pretty much proves to those PC developers who were bitchin (Carmack, Newell, etc.) there is amazing power in x360 and ps3... they just need to wrap their heads around this kind of technology (like VC and BC have obviously).

hgplayer1 said:
I honestly think in the case of DOA that they had a specific style they were going for with the characters and they stuck with it. I dont think they wanted muscles to rip and sweat to bead up on the characters bodies. who knows, maybe Team Ninja is ready to stun us the same way T2 has.
I know TN wants to stick to a certain style, but I can't help but think that they could have done something better to show off the power of the hardware. A lot of people have pointed out how the CG that TN has used in the past stays faithful to their unique style while have distinctively better visuals.

Looking at footage like this and PGR 3 really makes me wonder what games will look like by the end of the next generation. What will games look like when we look back at PGR3 and NBA 2k6 look antiquated? I almost can't comprehend anything short of reality itself looking distinctively better than some of the games we've seen in the next generation.

TheDuce22

Banned
Holy god. This shits all over EAs 360 games. Good thing the NFL auctioned off that exclusive contract, they were really looking out for the fans. /sarcasm

shpankey

not an idiot
Mr. Lemming said:
I want a game that plays like NBA Jam but looks like this.
they could probably make it look a lot better even, considering they only would have to render 4 players total... and could probably scale back on the crowd (and just drop them in the dark more). i'd love to see this game have a 2 on 2 arcade mode though.... i wouldn't really want to pay full retail just for an NBA Jam all by itself. but i agree... NBA Jam gameplay with these graphics would be sick, sick fun!

Top Bottom