• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Dashboard Leak - Version 2

RdN

Well, that's what Microsoft gets from not showing us the dash that we so much have been asking.

Anyway, it looks fantastic. The new guide is amazing!!

Caayn

What UI are you using? The 360 is so much slower now than ever.
That's most likely because the Xbox 360's OS is only allowed to use 32MB of RAM. The MS devs didn't had much flexibility with it.

Microsoft (and Sony/Nintendo for that matter) can't incease the reserved amount of system resources after games have gone gold. Otherwise it could cripple those games.

Mistah

Deadmau5 also got an xbox one.

5e5b2daa09e911e39b7022000a1fbd93_7.jpg

SenkiDala

I really, REALLY like how responsive it is. It will be such an awesome improvement from the 360!

Ryse also seems really nice, we have the prove now that it wasn't running on PC. :)

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Metro looks great here, much closer to the Phone version than the ugly half-arsed desktop version. Uniform colours are looking good, hopefully you can change the colours though. Visually I much prefer it to PS4, shame I'm going to be staring at that and not this.

Love how quickly you get into the game along with the other multitasking features. The look of the US is a completely different story.

Iacobellis

He never lost the ps vita dev unit. He just trolled the internets.

He received the xbox one as part of a deal where microsoft can use his music,image,name to advertise the xbox one ;)

I wonder if his Xbox One has a custom Deadmau5 logo on the power button.

Barzul

Man I feel really bad for that kids parents, lost their job over something this trivial and stupid. Unless this is a calculated leak by MS, but I doubt it.

I seriously doubt that is the actual dashboard design. It's definitely going to be metro style, as we've seen, but this is more of a Modified Windows 8 setup with the Xbox One hooks built in.

Bing and Skype are not going to be tiny one panel tiles in the final version.

abadguy

Banned
Video refuses to load for me for some reason. Every other youtube vid i watch will work fine but this one. Odd.

Yoday

Looks exactly like Windows 8. I have been getting more and more used to W8, so I am actually fine with this. One thing is for sure, it is a hell of a lot better than the 360's current interface. I would still need to see where the ads go, and how prevalent they are before passing judgement.

amardilo

I am kind of interested to see how long it takes for an app to start up. A lot are pretty slow on the 360 and some "Metro UI" apps on Windows 8 (including ones developed by MS) are not the quickest to start up either.

That tile layout looks very basic I hope the customisation allows for larger tiles that stand out better as I can imagine that dashboard getting very full and cluttered in a few years.

Polo67

Surprised the video is still on Youtube. Liking the dashboard though.

It's obviously a controlled leak and a PR stunt. MS is desperately trying to gain some mind share.

I don't understand the hate with the UI though . It's like the 360 but more snappy.

Top Bottom