• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forbes Contributor: Reviewers Reporting Frame Rate Problems With 'CoD: Ghosts' On PS4

Tobor

But the X1 renders at 720p native, rather than 1080p native, so maybe it has no frame-rate issues?

According to MS, they did not pressure devs to hit 1080p native, so maybe IW went with 720p on the X1 in order to have a rock-solid 60fps?

Are you not reading the thread? The X1 game has framerate issues as well.

Amused

EIwUTO3.png

beast786

But the X1 renders at 720p native, rather than 1080p native, so maybe it has no frame-rate issues?

According to MS, they did not pressure devs to hit 1080p native, so maybe IW went with 720p on the X1 in order to have a rock-solid 60fps?

According to the tweet the xb1 version has even worse frame rate than ps4

Salex_

So are we NOW going to admit that 720p on Xbox One for Ghost is horseshit an probably due to IW not optimizing things right? If Ryse can do what it's doing at 900p, and Forza is hitting 1080p 60fps, and Killzone is hitting 1080p 30/60 fps, then I think we can all agree that some of this resolutiongate thing is more due to IW not optimizing things straight.

Yeah. Not even the mighty Titans can run COD Ghost without noticable frame drops.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAgc43e-zp4&feature=c4-overview&list=UUy1Ms_5qBTawC-k7PVjHXKQ

Ploid 3.0

Look at the xbox one video and gif though that don't show it accurately enough. Also youtube don't show 60fps so there could be even more that's hidden. There's big frame drops.

IW is now the B team.

You know what doesn't have frame rate drops?

Books.

Just saying.

Better content, unlimited budget for props and effects (millage may vary depending on personal imagination), and they use less electricity.

tensuke

Christ. This game has apparently detracting framerate drops on PS4, doesn't run higher than 720P on Xbone (and has framerate drops too), and requires 6GB of RAM on PC. IW fucked this one up, no doubt about it. They must be processing fish AI even when fish aren't on the map.

Nafai1123

Banned
A Day One patch to iron out FPS drops that big? I don't know. Then again, with the way modern game development is heading, I wouldn't be surprised if a huge amount of optimisation is done after the game ships.

Especially during a new console launch.

kpaadet

No matter how you look at it, it seems IW bid off more than they could chew. I really hope the next CoD will focus on PS4/XB1/PC, but this is Activision so I very much doubt it.

Duxxy3

i quote myself

"Also COD Ghosts has framerate issues to be ironed out by launch. Both machines. "

This seems like the most likely. 60FPS, above everything, is what infinity ward is pushing. People may think they can rest on their laurel's, but they do have to be at least competitive. Smooth frame rate and gun play is what sells the series.

Amused

A Day One patch to iron out FPS drops that big? I don't know. Then again, with the way modern game development is heading, I wouldn't be surprised if a huge amount of optimisation is done after the game ships.

I don't know if this guy knows what he is talking about, but I posted mainly because it looks like his "720 version has worse issues"-source might be the youtube-video.

He did get the 720p story right though.

Guess we'll know in a week.

Yea, I doubt they'll have day one patches to fix framerate issues that are supposedly present across 4 platforms (PC, One, PS4, PS3).

Jacks of all trades; masters of none.

Ploid 3.0

not to be rude but are ypu blind?

Not everyone can tell the difference between 720p and 4k, the same applies to 20fps and 120fps, screen tearing, frame drops, game freezing, blue screens of death, power outages, etc. It's only a big deal to videophiles.

pompidu

Not everyone can tell the difference between 720p and 4k, the same applies to 20fps and 120fps, screen tearing, frame drops, game freezing, blue screens of death, power outages, etc. It's only a big deal to videophiles.

no. its blatantly obvious what is happening.

edit: sarcasm

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
When 720pGate happened it was "all this means is xbox one is horrible console."

Now rumors of PS4 performance issues. "all this means is that infinity ward is horrible developer"

edit-
me I dgaf about either game. Looks like a shitty game.

Let me help you out with this.

If one version is worse than another, the logical inference is that one console is better than another. If both version have problems, the logical inference is that there's a problem with the game and its developer.

The two superficially conflicting judgments you cite are the result of a completely rational process.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attribution_(psychology)#Covariation_model_of_attribution

So if the reviewers cut scores due to framerate a issues and there is a patch out for day 1, does that nullify the reviews which cut scores due to framerate issues ?

Jomjom

Banned
Former IGN Editor now works at Furiousfanboy.com, confirmed COD ghosts was 720p on XB1 before most other confirmations

I think this is why MS has the embargo and the embargo of the embargo

So no one talks about it at all

Ah I see, thanks for the info.

I just hope the outlets aren't inconsistent again. I think it's perfectly fine (and something they absolutely should do) that they noted that the PS4 version has framedrops. But on the 12th, when the Xbox One embargo is up, they better be noting that the Xbox One version suffers from the same or worse, if Jeremy's tweet and the Youtube video are true.

For some reason, I think they either won't write anything at all about it, or they'll likely write some article that basically boils down to "CoD is horrible on all consoles anyway" and just conveniently gloss over the fact that the Xbox One version drops frames as well.

ButchCat

Is this Microsoft playing politics and paying activation to promote this kind of foul play...?

Edit: My bad Xbox One has issues as well.

GetemMa

Did Infinity Ward develop this one?

How incompetent are they?

If you can achieve 60 fps on 360, any next gen system should be simple.

What a balls up.

Ah I see, thanks for the info.

I just hope the outlets aren't inconsistent again. I think it's perfectly fine (and something they absolutely should do) that they noted that the PS4 version has framedrops. But on the 12th, when the Xbox One embargo is up, they better be noting that the Xbox One version suffers from the same or worse, if Jeremy's tweet and the Youtube video are true.

For some reason, I think they either won't write anything at all about it, or they'll likely write some article that basically boils down to "CoD is horrible on all consoles anyway" and just conveniently gloss over the fact that the Xbox One version drops frames as well.

I think IW may actually stabilize the framerates a bit more at launch with a patch

Don't know if I should believe conrad on this one though but do think the XB1 likely has significant framerate drops as well

I think the journos will do as you suggest gloss over it for the most part

It just doesn't make sense to me why such a non demanding game technically would have a problem like this on next gen 720p or 1080p. It seems like its a development fault and nothing to do with the consoles itself.

Sounds like this game is lacking all platforms.

Really, the PC problems we've been hearing about over the last few days are the ones that have me most flummoxed and concerned. I usually only play CoD single-player, on my buddy's badass rig, and then plink around in multi with my nephews over the holidays on whatever system they are playing on. So it doesn't really bother me what goes on with my "console of choice" or whatever, and it doesn't cost me anything. But I do kinda look forward to that annual PC campaign run, so I'm hoping they fix it before I get around to playing it. From what I've seen of the campaign, it does look like a pretty fun ride.

Call of Doggy!

pompidu

Look at the xbox one video and gif though that don't show it accurately enough. Also youtube don't show 60fps so there could be even more that's hidden. There's big frame drops.

IW is now the B team.

Better content, unlimited budget for props and effects (millage may vary depending on personal imagination), and they use less electricity.

Jesus, 35secs till 40secs looks like 20fps.

Top Bottom