• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Retail copies of MGS: Ground Zeroes to include additional bonus content over digital

Guess that's why they're $10 more?

gHh3r7K.png

Retail copies of Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes will include additional bonuses over the digital release, Konami has told VideoGamer.com.

Details on the bonus content will be "announced soon".

Konami confirmed earlier today that Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes would be available at retail and via digital on both current and next-gen platforms. However, the physical versions will cost £10 more than the digital release, costing £29.99 on 360/PS3 and £39.99 on Xbox One/PS4.

When bought digitally the game will cost £19.99 on 360/PS3 and £29.99 on Xbox One/PS4.
Via Videogamer

Alric

We're going to need a chart soon that shows what content is available in each version of the game... Good lord.

It's really getting out of hand. You'll get exclusive on this system, from this retailer, from this distributor. Is it so hard to give everyone the same full game?

Gartooth

So I guess PS4/Xbone miss out given that they are digital only right? (referring to US, don't know if the physical releases have been confirmed for here yet)

Hellraider

Konami marketing team or whoever is responsible for the whole "ground zeroes exclusives for everyone" needs to get slapped on the face. This is just stupid.

Derrick01

Banned
All of this garbage combined with the super streamlined stealth design is really putting me off of this game. It's like they're actively trying to make as horrible of a game as possible.

Exclusive console content.
Exclusive Boxed content.

Cant wait for the exclusive retailer content. Lets keep this stupid train rolling.

Its a fucking 2/3 hour demo for crying out loud.

Actually now that I think about it maybe it might come with some kind of MGO beta? That would actually make sense and not be completely shitty.

North American PS4 only have one option since there would be no retail here. a skin NA for PS4 players!!! wooohooooo

Edit: It seems that there would be PS4 retail version?

Tohsaka

I hope it's the other console's exclusive mission. I want the Raiden Snatcher mission, but I'm getting the PS4 version.

jelly

Bonus content, exclusive content, pre order content does nothing but put me off buying the game. I wish publishers would just stop. Doesn't help when Microsoft and Sony wave money in their faces. Can't we all just buy one version. Treat everyone equal and if you must make a special edition, stuff that can't be used in game, make it special.

jaded_up_

Banned
Holy fucking shit dude. Why is there one game with so many different Sku's (probably not the right word)? Urgh. Just make MGS5 with one game, with one price, with the same content across the board. Is that too much to ask for?

Why is there even Xbox exclusive and Playstation exclusive content? Do you think people will pick up an Xbox One just to play one lousy exclusive mission (or vice versa)? Trying to keep track of what content I will get if I get it one this with this and for this price is... making me want to give your game a miss.

Son Of D

So to recap, there's the following:

Exclusive content for PS3/4 and Xbox 360/One
Exclusive content for physical release

Shall we expect exclusive content for retailers soon? As well as exclusive content for a retailer specific special edition? Maybe there will be PS4/One exclusive content and then PS3/360 exclusive content. And to top it off, a Japan only PS4 bundle with exclusive content.

graywolf323

this is just getting ridiculous because I'm sure we'll end up with retailer exclusive digital content as well

at this rate I might not buy the game just on principle

We're going to need a chart soon that shows what content is available in each version of the game... Good lord.

Yep. This is Batman Arkham levels of stupid with all this bullshit content division. It just means I'll spend most of this gen waiting on 'Complete' edition re-releases. No big deal to me.

For Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PlayStation 4 systems, the game will be available for the MSRP of $39.99 for the retail version or via download for $29.99.

breaking-bad-fueycj3.gif

cilonen

Not good enough. I want exclusive content within my exclusive content depending on whether I'm using a magma red or wave blue DS4. Get on it Konami.

Flo_Evans

Video game companies seem to be doing their best to totally frustrate me and not want to buy their products.

This game seems like the perfect digital purchase, play a few rounds while waiting to join your friends or something. If I have to put the mutherfuckin disk in the mutherfuckin console every time just so I can get a new outfit for snake then go fuck yourself.

SykoTech

Perfect first reply.

What are the odds that the boxed PS4 version will get different bonus content than the boxed Xbone version? That would be beyond terrible.

Next they'll announce PC exclusive content....followed by boxed PC exclusive content.

Top Bottom