• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Durante pls: Metal Gear Rising PC won't support higher resolutions than 1080p

UPDATE: Konami rep responds: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=94275133&postcount=719

Absolutely. As part of my job on the Social Media team is to listen to the fans and try to communicate it back to the developers. Please, I would hate anyone to shy away from giving us constructive feedback, and wholehearted recommend commenting on our Facebook posts and sending me direct messages here or tagging us on twitter, @Konami.

Your feedback IS important! And sometimes it's the only way we can push an issue with the developers that WE find egregious in execution. We can only see so much of the product and response from this side of the equation and we need your help in finding parts of the games that do not meet consumer expectations. I may not be able to get you the answer you want, but never feel like you should bite your tongue for the sake of not rocking the boat.

"We're a wrench in the old system of deterrence. As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket." --Big Boss

-- ORIGINAL POST:

https://twitter.com/PG_jp

Graphic Options: Res to 1080p. Up to 8x MSAA. Up to 16x Aniostropic on textures. Blur on/off. Shadow Low/Mid/High. Low/Mid/High on Zangeki.

@PG_jp No support for resolutions over 1080p? I've got a 1440p display. :(

@sunnychl 1080p is our max. Sorry! ;)

Other info:

High Zangeki mode is twice as many cut objects as consoles (400/enemies and 400/objects) and they remain on-screen for twice as long (30s).

@PG_jp not forever? well.. Thats.. Meh, i hate dissapearing objects

@256k The game would eventually crawl to a halt with forever. All of those are physics assets.

4CE2tJQ.jpg

Foaloal

A little disappointing if it's exactly how it sounds.

I'm holding out a little hope that they're trying to say that, say, shadows/textures/etc. are max 1080p, but I doubt that's the case.

At least this won't really affect me, since my screens are still 1080p, but if this means it won't have eyefinity support then that's a little disappointing.

Edit: Seriously though, if this turns out to truly be 1080p locked I can't support asking Durante to fix it.
He's already got two fixes under his belt, and any more are just furthering the precedent that we don't need real resolution options because one single gaming fan will fix things as a hobby.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
PC gamers please just try to enjoy the game. Sorry your screenshots won't look as nice but the game is good ;_;

Sentenza

Thankfully I can only go up to 1366x768! But this is bad. I knew there was something up.
But that's not the point.
I don't need a 1080p+ option either (yet), but a game released on a PC should be able to scale to whatever resolution someone is using, not being tied to an arbitrary standard.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
When he is saying Our Max, I think he means the max resolution they have available to test...

@PG_jp No support for resolutions over 1080p? I've got a 1440p display. :(

@sunnychl 1080p is our max. Sorry! ;)

Don't think so.

Also PG_jp complaining about FOUR HUNDRED cut objects not remaining on screen forever? lol what a thing to care about ahhhh

Vitor711

Honestly, I would hardly put this at the top of Durante's to-do list.

Not accepting resolutions above 720 is unacceptable but, over 1080, that's a luxury that not that many people can make use of. Sure, ideally the support would be there, but it's not a make or break type situation as previous poor PC ports were.

Magwik

Banned
I don't need a 1080p+ option either (yet), but a game released on a PC should be able to scale to whatever resolution someone is using, not being tied to an arbitrary standard.

Would you rather there not be a Rising PC port or it delayed because a select few like higher resolutions?

Lain

I only have a 1080p monitor, so at least this time around I won't need any fix.
Though it sucks for those with higher res monitors or with the hardware to downsample from higher resolutions.

It's weird considering that previous resolution blocks for pc-ports were tied to the native resolution of the game on consoles (and Rising was 720p).

Seems like an arbitrary limitation.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.

Not accepting resolutions above 720 is unacceptable but, over 1080, that's a luxury that not that many people can make use of. Sure, ideally the support would be there, but it's not a make or break type situation as previous poor PC ports were.

Agreed

MNC

I know. That's what I said. "This is still bad". It shouldn't be like this. I know I personally won't mind this when playing, but it's a horrible case in PC gaming.

Would you rather there not be a Rising PC port or it delayed because a select few like higher resolutions?

It's probably an arbitrary restriction that will be fixed pretty quickly after release. Even if one doesn't have a monitor above 1080P you can still downsample. Shouldn't be a luxury, pretty basic feature of PC gaming.

Well better go game on consoles then. What a ridiculous attitude to have towards shit ports.

kubus

Just pls give me 120fps.

I love AC4 Black Flag but the fps lock is slowly killing me from the inside. I don't want to go through that again :(

Dr Dogg

Here's an idea. Why don't we wait for it to be actually released before we all start go reaching for the pitchforks and declaring it a shit port.

Sure I'm a bit gutted that JP has said 1080p is the max as I've got a 16:10 monitor and will have black bars top and bottom but I'm not going to go and declare this anything until I have it my hands and at least play around a bit before coming to a conclusion.

Nethaniah

Here's an idea. Why don't we wait for it to be actually released before we all start go reaching for the pitchforks and declaring it a shit port.

Sure I'm a bit gutted that JP has said 1080p is the max as I've got a 16:10 monitor and will have black bars top and bottom but I'm not going to go and declare this anything until I have it my hands and at least play around a bit before coming to a conclusion.

But the sale is going on now, we need to know this now not when it comes out and everyone has a terrible port in their library.

Enkidu

The fact that you can change the rendering resolution at all means it might be an easy fix. Simply messing around with .ini files might be enough.

Nibel

Well, at least it's 1080p and not 720p, so I'm fine with that

(But if there is a chance to go even higher, why not?)

Düränté plz

Top Bottom