• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Good Xbox Live Market Sale (Dust $3; Batman AC $5; Driver SF $5; Daily Sales, etc.)

jbug617

Banned
2/24 is the last day.

Day 7 Daily Deals
anS0mI9.png

These games are on sale for the week
tcjiOiS.png

Daily Deal Day 6 Links

Links for games on sale for the whole week (till 2/24)

Gold Only

robotrock

Banned
Asura's Wrath DLC isn't discounted, so you'll have to pay another $7 to actually finish the game. It's pretty awesome though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap, those aren't good, those are GREAT. I'm tempted to double dip on Asura's Wrath & P4A. Bastion & Dust are great for those prices. Also Radiant Silvergun for half off is cool as well.

Oh, & the Capcom Arcade Cabinet is $1.74 for the "first" pack that gets you Black Tiger, 1943, & Avengers & is required if you want to get any other games.

Biiiiig recommendation for Asura's Wrath. The sequences in that game are breathtakingly insane. Be sure to get the Episode 4: Nirvana DLC as well, it has the true ending and is just as good if not better than the base game.

Damn, Microsoft has been killing it with these sales recently.
These prices are practically robbery.

Picked up Guardians for a buck!

Is Driver actually FUN to play at all? I've heard all about the crazy conceit of the game which does sound fucking nuts, but what's the actual gameplay like?

I thought it was quite fun. It reminded me of another game, but can't remember which. It drives just like any other open world game, very slightly more simmy like Midnight Club and not arcady like Burnout.
For that price, you'll definitely get 20-30 hours out of it if.

Certinty

Seems like a 1:1 $ to £ conversion which bloody sucks, can't find the Dragonball game either on the UK store.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
everyone should grab american nightmare for that price, even if you couldnt get into AW.

MrDaravon

I regret selling my Xbox 360 -_-

If you really want to you could buy the stuff through xbox.com if you think you'd ever have access to one again in the future.

Looking at:

Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale
Bit.Trip.Runner 2
Dust: An Elysian Tale

Anyone want to recommend/put me off?

Daggerdale is pretty boring. You could do worse for the price, but I wouldn't recommend it.

I'm looking for Runner 2 impressions myself.

Dust is fantastic, get it. Not a fan of the designs, but the gameplay is great.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Looking at:

Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale
Bit.Trip.Runner 2
Dust: An Elysian Tale

Anyone want to recommend/put me off?

Bit.Trip Runner 2 and Dust are considered great if you like the concepts/genres. Daggerdale is considered a pretty bad entry in the genre. Try the demo first, at least.

Falcon511

Banned
I think Ryse is also on sale tomorrow and for $40 i might consider picking that up. MS needs to keep this going. I am wondering if i should try Dantes Inferno. I heard it was average and a very short game.

Daggerdale is pretty boring. You could do worse for the price, but I wouldn't recommend it.

I'm looking for Runner 2 impressions myself.

Dust is fantastic, get it. Not a fan of the designs, but the gameplay is great.

Thanks! I'll get Dust and i've got D&D/Runner/Motocross Madness trials downloading

Edit: Thanks to Stump as well

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I remember playing like 30 minutes of Dante's Inferno and it not clicking with me. Is there anything redeeming about that game at any point?

Zach

Took the plunge on Alan Wake: American Nightmare and Dust: An Elysian Tail. Don't know if or when I'll get around to playing them. If not, we'll just chalk it up as a $3.00 donation.

Oh, and if anyone's on the fence about Runner 2, it's amazing. So is Portal 2, but you've all played that! And Bastion's pretty good, too.

If you haven't already played Bastion then you have no excuse at this point. $2.99 for one of the best games of the past few years is a no-brainer.

_Slay

Going to buy Asura's Wrath. Rented it a while back and I already have the DLC.

The experience is just so good I want to share it with friends but its hard to convince them to get it when you tell them about the ending being DLC.

Fox Mulder

Is Driver actually FUN to play at all? I've heard all about the crazy conceit of the game which does sound fucking nuts, but what's the actual gameplay like?

Only the last 3 things in the OP are flagged as Gold only.

it's fun, and not too long either if I recall correctly. The game play is car only missions with a great gimmick. There's even fun challenges recreating scenes from Hollywood movies.

Bastion is a must buy at that price too.

I remember playing like 30 minutes of Dante's Inferno and it not clicking with me. Is there anything redeeming about that game at any point?

Some of the powers/skill tree and levels later on are really good. I remember enjoying that game to the end, hadn't heard of it but got it cheap and had fun!

Top Bottom