• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Good Xbox Live Market Sale (Dust $3; Batman AC $5; Driver SF $5; Daily Sales, etc.)

FyreWulff

If you still play Rock Band 3, buying Blitz for 4$ is a steal just as a 25-song pack. Even if you don't like the game itself.

It's going to cost you ~45$ to buy all of it's songs off the RB3 stores as singles/packs

Fire4444

Neo Member
I want to buy digital copies of all of the stuff that I already own on disc, and I don't have P4A or Rock Band Blitz yet. This is pretty awesome.

Lyude77

Driver: San Francisco is amazing. It's my favorite driving game.

I'm thinking about (getting) Dust, P4A, Portal 2, and Radiant Silvergun. I'll prolly just end up getting the first two as I believe in the possibility of Portal 2 becoming cheaper.

bit.trip - double....shit triple dip from ps3 and vita versions
driver - heard it was the shit and my boy loves car games
asuras wrath - i went to metacritic and said no. scrolled through the thread and clicked buy. dont let me down GAF.

I think Ryse is also on sale tomorrow and for $40 i might consider picking that up. MS needs to keep this going. I am wondering if i should try Dantes Inferno. I heard it was average and a very short game.

They are both somewhat short games, although DI actually lasted longer than Ryse. I finished Ryse in about 7 hours total, and that was with a *lot* of purposeful trial and error (I like to take my time with games rather than speed through them). All in all, I feel like I enjoyed both games about equally. I'd say they are both are good value at the "under $20" price point. In other words, unless you absolutely must have an XB1 game to play (understandable since the XB1 offerings are thin at the moment), I'd say wait until Ryse is selling for $20 or less. Ryse is very pretty and somewhat under-rated...I will definitely re-buy it myself when it hits $20...but IMHO its not worth $40. Dante's Inferno is a fun game and easily worth $3.74.

steveovig

This is some bullshit. I bought the Capcom AC without realizing it was just the first pack. What a load of crock. I already have this for the PS3. I guess I should've read more than just the first post here.

boltz

Man, I didn't even know a Motocross madness came out for Xbox. Have good memories of the PC version and the reviews seem good on this new one, so I don't think I can do wrong with it for $2.

EBE

Man, I didn't even know a Motocross madness came out for Xbox. Have good memories of the PC version and the reviews seem good on this new one, so I don't think I can do wrong with it for $2.

its pretty good. never tried the dlc. added a few more courses and modes i believe. multiplayer was fun while it was active.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Arcade Caninet for $1? I'm in on that and motocross Madness

Not that this is only the FIRST part of Arcade Cabinet. The rest of it comes either in parts, or as a total package download that's a bit cheaper than buying each part separately.

Those parts might be on sale too (They have been before), so make sure to take a look, and read the descriptions, before buying!

steveovig

Not that this is only the FIRST part of Arcade Cabinet. The rest of it comes either in parts, or as a total package download that's a bit cheaper than buying each part separately.

Those parts might be on sale too (They have been before), so make sure to take a look, and read the descriptions, before buying!

Word, about that last part.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Picked up Asura's Wrath and Rock Band Blitz. Could someone help me out with the Asura'a Wrath DLC though? Episode Pack: Part IV is the real ending I thhink but what about the other ones (Lost episode 1 & 2 and Episode 15.5 and 11.5)? Are they necessary as well? It's a shame they never packaged all the DLC together with the base game because it seems like it's confusing nature has really hurt sales.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Picked up Asura's Wrath and Rock Band Blitz. Could someone help me out with the Asura'a Wrath DLC though? Episode Pack: Part IV is the real ending I thhink but what about the other ones (Lost episode 1 & 2 and Episode 15.5 and 11.5)? Are they necessary as well? It's a shame they never packaged all the DLC together with the base game because it seems like it's confusing nature has really hurt sales.
The #.5 episodes are literally just anime cutscenes with QTEs thrown in. It kind of fills in some minor details, but I would advise using the money towards Episode 4 and if you like the idea of fighting against Ryu & Akuma a la Street Fighter IV, the Lost Episodes.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
The #.5 episodes are literally just anime cutscenes with QTEs thrown in. It kind of fills in some minor details, but I would advise using the money towards Episode 4 and if you like the idea of fighting against Ryu & Akuma a la Street Fighter IV, the Lost Episodes.

Thanks for explaining it. I'll just pick up the true ending for the moment.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Okay, so:
- Asura's Wrath has an ending just like any game would have an ending
- After that ending there's a massive curveball thrown
- That curveball is resolved in the Part IV DLC
- Nothing else is really important or worth buying.

DVCY201

Grabbed Bastion, since $3 is a steal compared to $15. Always heard good things about it, so looking forward to trying it out!

Kallor

Grabbed dantes inferno, grabbing Asuras Wrath, Is the DLC on sale too or is it always $6.99? (episode IV) I might grab that now too if so.

theRizzle

Dante's Inferno is the most rote copy of a game (God of War obviously) I have ever played in in my life.

However I still enjoyed it. Actually, that and the first two God of War games are the only character action games I ever finished. So I guess I would recommend it.

PSA: If you have a phobia of spiders coming out of nipples, beware.

kitzkozan

I'm going to highlight again the fact that Radiant silvergun is discounted, which give me hope that MS or publishers aren't forgetting about discounting niche titles. Here's hoping we see another sale for the KOF 98 and '02 ultimate match or Banjo-Kazooie. :^p It also apply to the shmups on the marketplace which are rarely discounted (R-type dimensions hasn't been discounted in a while).

EBE

i hated Bastion. picked it up mostly out of its xbla/indie "darling" status. it was boring and i hated the narrator. would not buy even at this price.

Ridge Racer, Dirt, or Driver?

kitzkozan

Persona 4 Arena. Any good?

It's among the best looking anime fighters (distinctive Persona artstyle and great animations) combined with the knowledge and skill of Arc system in designing solid 2D fighting games, but arena is lacking in characters and the online must be dead at this point. So you are better off waiting for the upcoming version (Persona 4: The ultimax ultra suplex hold lol) which will add characters and rebalance the existing roster. Unless you absolutely need to experience the single player content to get a little bit of story or get familiar with the mechanics.

EdLin

Neo Member
I picked up Armored Core Verdict Day, should I also pick up Armored Core V? It has an import game feature that, in a very user-unfriendly fashion, only appears once when you start the game. Once you skip the import stage, you can no longer import your save from ACV from that point onwards; so I need to know how helpful that can be, especially considering that the multiplayer servers for ACV are apparently down since the end of January this year.

Mindlog

I grabbed Driver from an earlier sale and was quite pleased. Probably in the discussion when we're talking about my favorite PS360 era driving games.

Not much here for me that I don't already have, but I need to burn MS Points. This has me looking at Dante's Inferno with tepid interest.

Dueck

Banned
I've been keeping my eyes peeled for a cheap copy of P4A for months, and never would've noticed this! It doesn't seem to mention it anywhere on the dashboard. All I see is NBA stuff... Typed it into the search, and there it was. Thank you, friend.

Top Bottom