• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Good Xbox Live Market Sale (Dust $3; Batman AC $5; Driver SF $5; Daily Sales, etc.)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I kinda want to play Lost Planet 2, but isnt that MP focused?
It's considerably less enjoyable if you're not playing co-op.

Personally, I'd tell you to stay very far from the game. It's jank city and and the mechanics, enemies, level design, game design, difficulty scaling etc. are really lacking in one way or another.

not everyone scraps the previous console for the new one.

there is no BC on the One

Most people scrap their old consoles when they break, which in my experience with the 360 is not an uncommon occurrence. I'm probably going to end up buying at least one more just to continue enjoying my XBLA library (which I seriously love), so I guess it's a good thing I didn't have that money earmarked for an Xbone or something stupid like that.

GoxRx

Personally, I'd tell you to stay very far from the game. It's jank city and and the mechanics, enemies, level design, game design, difficulty scaling etc. are really lacking in one way or another.

Pretty much this, even for $5 it's a weak game IMO.

Anyway, if you want to try it first, I think there's a demo on the marketplace

breadtruck

Im glad I held out for Rockband Blitz to drop in price, Ive been teetering on purchasing it for a while now.

I haven't played my Rockband games in a while, but I wanted that game because I figured it will be a good way to keep enjoying my DLC song purchases without busting out the plastic band.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Soul Calibur 2 HD Online for $5 is kind of tempting, especially considering it's normally $20.

I've been reading a lot of good things about Asura's Wrath so I checked out some gameplay on YouTube. Out of the 5 hours of video I skipped through to 20-30 different spots and every single one of them was during a cutscene aside from two parts, one of which was an on rails shooting section and another was and QTE fest.

I'm not a fan of Japanese games anyway so I guess I'll pass. I did see a couple of crazy parts. I might give the demo a go.

Teknoman

Pretty much this, even for $5 it's a weak game IMO.

Anyway, if you want to try it first, I think there's a demo on the marketplace

Guess its back to playing the waiting game.

Does Soull Calibur II HD have any good offline content? I'm not paying for live at the moment and need to know other than shallow Arcade mode if there's anything worthwhile.

DVCY201

Does Soull Calibur II HD have any good offline content? I'm not paying for live at the moment and need to know other than shallow Arcade mode if there's anything worthwhile.

Weapon Master=Best Soul Calibur Story Mode

I must've put in hundreds of hours into that mode

Actually, does anyone have any opinion on whether or not SCII HD is a good buy? I preferred the GC version, and I heard that this one is actually the inferior PAL version. So I'm a bit hesitant, even at $5.

DVCY201

For such an awesome mode. sounds absolutely worth 5 dollars then. Thank you!

Haha, my friend and I would compete to see who would get the highest rank. I think we both got to Grand Edgemaster of Something before we called it quits. We still have it on the Gamecube.

Daigoro

Guess its back to playing the waiting game.
as a counterpoint to their arguments, I actually liked the game despite some of it glaring flaws.

it is very Japanese. the control scheme is really odd. it is multiplayer focused. but it's a beautiful looking game. the boss fights are cool. it has the best mechs ever in the latter parts of the game. cool customization, Japanese style emotes, and some very complicated co-op only stuff you will never pull off.

very obscure, very Japanese, some real fucked up design choices, and you will never get 1000 pts. but for 5$ I think it's worth a chance if you think it might appeal to you.

not sure what the demo is like, but it might be worth checking out.

Haha, my friend and I would compete to see who would get the highest rank. I think we both got to Grand Edgemaster of Something before we called it quits. We still have it on the Gamecube.

Yeah, that's the only thing that would have made this better - Link. Sadly no Wii U version.

Still for 5, seems fair.

Can someone confirm if the F1 2013 special includes the Classics expansion?

Edit: Dont worry. It wants to charge me $32. So much for being a special. What a joke.

Ferr986

A sale on Lost Planet 2? I may jump on the game tonight to see if theres new people playing it. Coop in this game is a blast!

vgJames

Banned
Will be picking up Alan Wake's American Nightmare, Driver: San Francisco, Dirt 3 and Dust.

I'm conflicted on Portal 2. Played the single player on PC when it came out but never got to go through the co-op campaign. I'll enjoy going through the campaign one more time but is it worth searching round for a co-op partner? How is the co-op campaign compared to the main? (Puzzle wise that is)

As I've got Arkham Origins, is it worth getting Arkham City? Or would it feel like a step-backwards?

It absolutely is worth getting AC. It's not as good as Origins (in my opinion), but it's still a great game with a fantastic ending that sets up in the next game in the series quite nicely.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
More deals are up:

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker HD: $4.94
Dead Island: Riptide: $14.99
Skyrim: $9.89
Left 4 Dead: $4.99
Darksiders: $4.99
Fifa 14: $29.99
Bejeweled 3: $1.04

jbug617

Banned
More deals are up:

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker HD: $4.94
Dead Island: Riptide: $14.99
Skyrim: $9.89
Left 4 Dead: $4.99
Darksiders: $4.99
Fifa 14: $29.99
Bejeweled 3: $1.04

I think only 1 more is missing. Could it be Epic Mickey 2 for $19.99?

Anyone who likes Metroidvania-like games should definitely pick up Dust. Don't let the character designs put you off.

As I've got Arkham Origins, is it worth getting Arkham City? Or would it feel like a step-backwards?

Most definitely. Arkham City is amazing.

Top Bottom