• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Good Xbox Live Market Sale (Dust $3; Batman AC $5; Driver SF $5; Daily Sales, etc.)

FUME5

I was going to grab AC: Verdict Day, although the link on the marketplace says $7.39, when you click it the charge is actually $25.88. Good old Australian tax.

MrMephistoX

Ugh I would probably buy these if XBONE was BC...could have been a huge loyalty selling point if all of your XBLA purchases carried over MS...

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, so:
- Asura's Wrath has an ending just like any game would have an ending
- After that ending there's a massive curveball thrown
- That curveball is resolved in the Part IV DLC
- Nothing else is really important or worth buying.

Ah that's the best explanation I've got so far. Thanks heaps. I've got the main game and the Part IV DLC downloading now.

Mupod

Oh man, wasn't ever expecting to buy anything on xbox live again but Verdict Day and Asura's Wrath were the last two games I wanted. Picked up both, although I had to muck around with my account settings since I had previously cut off Paypal from my xbox live account from the Paypal side.

Alchemy

Forgot how weak Microsoft was with their trials. Was hoping I could get the Gold only deals using one of the Gold for a couple day cards I had, but nope. My PS+ trials gave me access to sales. Lame.

No wonder I'm subbed to PS+ for two years and I'm not to Gold.

Mupod

I just noticed I had 4 days left of gold left on my xbox live, from a 13 month card last year. I do kinda want to play P4 arena but...eh. No hard drive space and not really in the mood for a fighter.

I owned pretty much everything, so I picked up the Capcom arcade cabinet(3 games for under 2 bucks) and I was curious about Rock Band Blitz. Cant wait to see what else comes. I spent over $150 last year during the Ultimate sale. I'm sure I won't repeat that this year but I hope to fill some gaps.....

Ade

Is this also referred to as a "sale" or is it a "digital pricing experiment in purchase price reduction" too?

Are they going to have daily gold deals also or am I misreading the OP... it's daily deals for everyone, a weekly deal for everyone and a weekly gold deal for gold members?

It's a few weekly gold deals and daily deals for everyone all along if I got it correctly.

That's cool, it's sweet they opened the deal for non-gold peons like myself, haha. Speaking of gold, I just saw on Slickdeals for anyone interested that Wal-mart is selling 12 month Day One subscription cards which includes KI for 39.99. I was under the impression those weren't for separate sale.

Anyone ever play the Ridge Racer game? I liked Bugbear's Flatout so if it's similar to that then it's probably pretty fun to play.

Ade

TI just saw on Slickdeals for anyone interested that Wal-mart is selling 12 month Day One subscription cards which includes KI for 39.99. I was under the impression those weren't for separate sale.

They don't include KI, despite the unintelligible description, its purely the Shadow Jago character. I say character but its a reskin, nothing more.

Bacon

Welp, I can safely say that guardians of middle earth is not good if you're into mobas already. I pretty much figured as much going in, but figured that it was only a buck so what the hell. Also the game is dead, the matches I was getting into we're filled with 2 or 3 humans per match with the rest being bots.

Ade

They're going to make the character drastically different later on doe

I recall reading that they hoped to, not that they definitely would.

Be nice if they do though (although as they've been sold to Amazon, god only knows)

Welp, I can safely say that guardians of middle earth is not good if you're into mobas already. I pretty much figured as much going in, but figured that it was only a buck so what the hell. Also the game is dead, the matches I was getting into we're filled with 2 or 3 humans per match with the rest being bots.

It's a great starter MOBA for that very reason.
You can get familiar with the genre without being yelled at by teammates.

As a newcomer to the genre, I'm loving it so far.
Best dollar I've ever spent on XBLA!

stn

Bought Daggerdale for $2. Seriously, can't say no to that and I generally love most XBLA titles.

Got charged tax for Runner 2. Haven't added any funds, still using a past balance of points from before the 'real money' switch. Never got charged tax before. Checked my previous purchase(Dungeons and Dragons Chronicles back in January) and can confirm zero tax. Any idea what is up with this? New policy or something?

My only thought is this is related to a recent deposit from the rewards program, my first since the switch over. I guess maybe the rewards money is taxable? I hope this doesn't mean the rest of my 'points' balance will now be taxed. It is bad enough that they started charging odd amounts($4.94, $10.03, etc) for sale items, I don't need taxes to help leave with an odd amount in my account.

Ridge Racer Unbounded DLC worthwhile?

Disney seems to be the theme for today's sale. Brave and Cars 2 already 33% off

Hope they add Split/Second , Pure, Tron Evolution at a good price.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hell Yeah for $3.75. For that price, it's a decent game. Though playing the demo might be a good idea.

Zimbardo

just curious ...but these 360 games you buy on the marketplace, they can't be transferred over to XboxOne when you make the switch right?

so essentially they become useless, or is there backwards compatibility on the Xbone?

just curious ...but these 360 games you buy on the marketplace, they can't be transferred over to XboxOne when you make the switch right?

so essentially they become useless, or is there backwards compatibility on the Xbone?

not everyone scraps the previous console for the new one.

there is no BC on the One

Got charged tax for Runner 2. Haven't added any funds, still using a past balance of points from before the 'real money' switch. Never got charged tax before. Checked my previous purchase(Dungeons and Dragons Chronicles back in January) and can confirm zero tax. Any idea what is up with this? New policy or something?

My only thought is this is related to a recent deposit from the rewards program, my first since the switch over. I guess maybe the rewards money is taxable? I hope this doesn't mean the rest of my 'points' balance will now be taxed. It is bad enough that they started charging odd amounts($4.94, $10.03, etc) for sale items, I don't need taxes to help leave with an odd amount in my account.

Ridge Racer Unbounded DLC worthwhile?
If you buy online in the Web browser, it automatically uses the credit card and charges tax. Account balance can only be used on the system.

Lemstar

I was charged tax on a couple of purchases I made with converted points, but it was less than the local tax rate. I have no idea why. (Points I redeemed and spent after the conversion weren't taxed.)

Top Bottom