• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs downgradeaton confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yeah, Let's watch other upcoming game videos, make a gif of the absolute worst part and ruin the lives of devs.
Most people posting here just watched the gif and never looked back.

Ruining the lives of developers? By talking smack about their game on GAF? That seems a little drastic.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I didnt completely believe any of the reveal trailers tbh

Deep Down is gonna crush some dreams

So far, the only ones that haven't changed are Killzone and inFamous: Second Son. In fact, they both improved a little bit. Unfortunately, Killzone's campaign was a mess. Hopefully Second Son delivers the goods as well as the graphics.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I wonder how much these bullshot trailers cost
I wonder if they could make movies out of that

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Remember this guys?

dogs4mevz.gif

I hate this company.

Axass

Yeah, Let's watch other upcoming game videos, make a gif of the absolute worst part and ruin the lives of devs.

Developers are ruining their own lives by complying to the bullshot requests of publishers. Stop blaming gamers for everything that isn't their fault. We already have publishers and enthusiastic press for that.

DR3AM

When will people realize not to trust Ubisoft until you actually play the game yourself. Ubisoft does this shit all the time.

TMNT

Banned
Watch the gameplay video from the preview page. The atmosphere is flat like it has no "life" to it so to speak. The whole thing looks completely different. A full years delay would prove beneficial but clearly that's out the window.

So far, the only ones that haven't changed are Killzone and inFamous: Second Son. In fact, they both improved a little bit. Unfortunately, Killzone's campaign was a mess. Hopefully Second Son delivers the goods as well as the graphics.
I liked SF's campaign.

But graphically, yeah, they look very similar to the reveal trailers.

But here's the thing, even that gif doesn't show any downgrades? It only shows a different vehicle being used, a blinking bridge to show that it's being hacked and used by Pearce. I just don't see the downgrade in that gif as some on twitter are calling it out. For gods sake lets wait for more videos to come out before we draw our conclusions. Ubisoft have been infamously known in the past for visual downgrades, yes I am looking at you Ghost Recon Future Soldier, but lets wait until we can start crying out loud yelling 'downgrade'.

The shader quality in this game is downright embarrassing, there are many games with better object/material quality on 360/PS3 compared to this reveal. I seriously cannot believe that this is acceptable in the year 2014.

Oni3298

I don't know how to feel about this. I still think the game looks nice, but it certainly used to look nicer...

For shame.............

AdanVC

Sad but let's just accept this is PS4/Xbone footage, meaning, Next-Gen. There's no need at this point of 2014 to make trailers of new games featuring gameplay footage of Past-Gen no matter if the game it's going to appear on PS3/360. Maybe the downgrade in graphics was to focus on adding more content on gameplay and stuff?? Let's hope so.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
To be fair, other parts in the video don't look as bad. That scene happens to be particularly ugly.

I recall one of the devs saying that the Aisha Tyler trailer was from a wrong version or something like that.
It's so hard to know what to believe, so I just don't believe most of it.

Jito

Banned
Looks like a pretty big downgrade at the moment, hopefully it's last gen version footage. Glad I don't buy games on visuals alone though, but the Ubisoft open world collectathon is a hard sell for me.

Cross gen.

AC4 actually looks very nice most of the time, especially at sea, and has far more life and dynamism than this garbage.

The E3 2012 footage is very doable on these consoles, or at least PS4, and there's no excuse for this. Not when Infamous looks like it does.

I pre-ordered this for $39 because of all the NeoGAF hype last year when I didn't overly want it. Now it's stuck with a big bundle of other games so I can't cancel.

At least it's $39.

Fuck you NeoGAF, lol

Yes, Ubisoft bullshots are insulting. They should stop with that shit

This IS a bad spot taken out of context though, judging on the rest of the gameply in that vid.

The rest of the footage isn't that hot outside of cutscenes and would still be getting a lot of flak. And I've seen every bit of media that has found it's way to this forum, so the "only seen the gif" excuse isn't going to work.

Doesn't mean the game will be bad, but even without the concept demo the game has been getting worse visually with each showing.

Doesn't help either that while this is extremely noticeable, the two largest media sources on games have been making mountains out of the molehills that are the NPC text bubbles and the missions you can get from them. Plus the shooting looks worse than GTA, which I've never really liked in those games. Best parts shown off are the melee elements.

I get being optimistic, but damn. Wouldn't be so terrible if Ubisoft would learn how to effectively communicate.

Some things may change. But at this point is clear that, the 2012 version never truly existed, it was made as a marketing tool. Not the first time it happens in the industry, not the first time Ubi does it.

We have a winner.

Anyone remember that Halo 2 demo at E3 2003?

Yea, that wasn't a real game.

scitek

Cross gen.

AC4 actually looks very nice most of the time, especially at sea, and has far more life and dynamism than this garbage.

The E3 2012 footage is very doable on these consoles, or at least PS4, and there's no excuse for this. Not when Infamous looks like it does.

There's absolutely an excuse why this game won't come anywhere near the fidelity of Infamous, it's designed around the Xbox 360 and PS3 first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom