• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade Symphony coming out of Early Access on May 7th, new trailer

FloatOn

yeah I played a few months back.

it's pretty much bushido blade + dark souls pvp. amazing potential really,

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I had a LOT of fun with the few hours I've played of it. It coming out of EA doesn't surprise me as I was fairly amazed how much content the game had even five months ago (had a lot of different stages, modes, fighting styles, costumes, and more).

I've been hoping for another sale so I could pick it up for a few friends, it was about $3 during a flash sale during the winter sale.

As an enormous fan of Jedi Academy and dark souls combat I bought it the second I could and uninstalled it a few days later. maybe I need to be a bit more open minded and give it another shot. It's has everything I ever wanted in a melee combat game but the combat. Felt really stiff and awkward. I didn't feel any weight on my movement or my weapon swings. Just all seemed very disconnected.

Gonna download it again and give it another shot. I love dark souls but screw sorcery and weapon buffs.

Tagyhag

Wow didn't know it would be this early. I haven't looked at the progress in a while, I'll check up on it.

Great game though, hope it gets more recognition.

As an enormous fan of Jedi Academy and dark souls combat I bought it the second I could and uninstalled it a few days later. maybe I need to be a bit more open minded and give it another shot. It's has everything I ever wanted in a melee combat game but the combat. Felt really stiff and awkward. I didn't feel any weight on my movement or my weapon swings. Just all seemed very disconnected.

Gonna download it again and give it another shot. I love dark souls but screw sorcery and weapon buffs.

I stumbled across this game yesterday and was immediately interested in checking it out, but I watched some Twitch streams and got the same feeling about the combat.

This is a personal and humbling moment for myself, and I want to take an aside to reflect on the making of this game.

I started this game project because I was a duelist in Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, and I wanted to share that same experience I had with others, with people who may not be that interested in Star Wars, but were more interested in the sword-fighting. It began as a hobby which turned into a crusade, and along the way I’ve met incredibly talented developers and artists who helped shape this game every step along the way.

It’s rare that a personal hobby project transforms into a full-fledged game. This is only possible because of the people who believed in us, and supported us. Through Kickstarter, Early Access, press and Youtube, you guys helped spread the word, and joined the beta. You advised us on every minutia and spent hundreds of hours playing and testing and creating awesome new content.

Yes, there is so much room for improvement. When I see the game now, I can’t help but see all the flaws, to quote Phil Phish, “[we] have been staring at it >< this f**king close for years”. Releasing a game is the most terrifying thing I’ve ever had to do. Our team has sacrificed some serious blood, sweat and tears. And, I’d do it all again tomorrow.

On May 7th, we’ll have reached a milestone, and even though it’s called “Release”, this does not stop our patch cycle and we still plan on adding at least one more character, and community features that further expand the game.

The community has been extremely patient and supportive of us, and we owe everything to you guys. I’ve never seen such an awesome, friendly, and helpful community in my entire career, and it’s one that I deeply treasure and am thankful for.

That's awesome that he went from just a player of a game to making a spiritual successor. I know a few friends who were hardcore into Jedi Knight duel servers, so they might be into this.

Zomba13

Just seen this on steam and checked out the trailer. Looks awesome, like the spiritual successor to Jedi Knight multiplayer. Is this any good? Anyone played JK2/3 and also like this? The price is right in impulse buy territory so I'm probably just gonna go for it but impressions from someone would be nice.

EDIT: OK, actually reading the thread instead of posting then reading would have been a good idea here. Seems like I'll go for it. Only way to tell if I'll dig the actual combat is to get hands on myself but it being made by a JK2 fan who wanted to expand on the duel gameplay is really all I need.

Mechazawa

The game's a lot of fun, but it's kind of pathetic that it's already out of EA. It was actually early access for a while, but they've done little to add actual content to the game since it first hit steam.

Zomba13

Got around to playing some and on the one hand I feel a bit disappointed due to the movement and strikes not being as fluid as in Jedi Knight I did find it fun and instantly drawn to the heavy style character and heavy attacks like I used the heavy style in JK.

Love that it just uses the duel feature from JK on FFA servers and the steam workshop support. Some nice swords in there, most taken from other IPs of course. Currently using the scissor blade from Kill la Kill. Would be nice if we could have custom duel music or something (though I could just do that myself by muting the music and playing my own).

Not a fan of the character models, even with everything on high they don't look that good and Judgement (I think that's the heavy guy) has some kinda crappy masks. Would be nice if it could be like JK and have custom characters but I dunno how that would affect the multi. Do people see your downloaded stuff? I was fighting one guy and he had a lightsaber so I assume so? The workshop downloads for weapons and masks come down so quick but I'm not sure. I know in JK if you played someone that didn't have your stuff you just ended up being Kyle Katarn with a basic lightsaber.

Top Bottom