• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drakengard 3 |OT| This Silence Is Mine

Groof

The DLC wasn't very good to be honest. The only one I recommend would be Two's. The rest are alright but not worth it.
But don't they add anything meaningful to the story at least?

Meanwhile, I'm having way too much fun doing shoryukens with the bracers.

But don't they add anything meaningful to the story at least?

Meanwhile, I'm having way too much fun doing shoryukens with the bracers.

I'd say I agree with him, much of the sisters dlc came across as unnecessary rather then adding anything to the story. Two and Threes dlc were the most insightful in my opinion.

Groof

I'd say I agree with him, much of the sisters dlc came across as unnecessary rather then adding anything to the story. Two and Threes dlc were the most insightful in my opinion.
Welp, I guess I'll wait for that $3 price cut!
While waiting I'll entertain myself with One's dlc that came with the LE

Groof

Upon further inspection this appears to be a bonus track. Did this track come bundled with the collector's edition?
I don't think it was. I think it's part of one of the BGM DLCs, don't know if those got released outside of that.

jimi_dini

Which ost do I have to buy to get this song in Flac?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAJi9Q-RRmQ

It seems that's a brand new remix of Songs Of Ancients (NieR soundtrack) and maybe only available on PSN. It's called "Drakengard 3 - Nier BGM Remix Pack" and is $2 or 200 Yen.

I own the original NieR 2 disc OST, the echo remix CD + Nightmare&Arrange Tracks. That specific remix is on none of those. There are 3 different remixes of it though, which are also awesome. I also own the original Dragoon 3 2 disc OST and it's also not on it.

It's a shame that they nickel and dime us. Maybe there is going to be a Dragoon 3 remix CD at some point, which will hopefully include those. I don't know how those remix packs work on PSN. Maybe just MP3s. Or is it just BGM in game? I should check if my Limited Edition DLC included it. EDIT: it seems that it's not included. :(

EDIT2: those fucks, it's actually really just BGM in game. I'm pretty sure that there will be a remix CD at some point. Why couldn't they just include that for the LE?

I'd love some impressions of it once you get it, very interested in buying it myself.

Will do. Normally SAL takes 2-4 weeks.

Groof

Beat branch A today. Story is getting quite interesting now. Figure I'll wait with One's dlc until I've beaten most branches.

Also I was going through the trophy list, and most don't seem so bad except two. Getting a 100 hit combo and maxing all weapon levels. First one is probably easy once you know what to do, but the second? How much grinding is that going to take???

Beat branch A today. Story is getting quite interesting now. Figure I'll wait with One's dlc until I've beaten most branches.

Also I was going through the trophy list, and most don't seem so bad except two. Getting a 100 hit combo and maxing all weapon levels. First one is probably easy once you know what to do, but the second? How much grinding is that going to take???

Maxing out the weapons? Quite a bit if a remember correctly. I did watch YouTube videos and such whilst doing it so I don't really remember.

Read the character novellas if you haven't so already!

I say read it once your done the game, or at least the first branch.

Armaly

I don't think it was. I think it's part of one of the BGM DLCs, don't know if those got released outside of that.

It seems that's a brand new remix of Songs Of Ancients (NieR soundtrack) and maybe only available on PSN. It's called "Drakengard 3 - Nier BGM Remix Pack" and is $2 or 200 Yen.

I own the original NieR 2 disc OST, the echo remix CD + Nightmare&Arrange Tracks. That specific remix is on none of those. There are 3 different remixes of it though, which are also awesome. I also own the original Dragoon 3 2 disc OST and it's also not on it.

It's a shame that they nickel and dime us. Maybe there is going to be a Dragoon 3 remix CD at some point, which will hopefully include those. I don't know how those remix packs work on PSN. Maybe just MP3s. Or is it just BGM in game? I should check if my Limited Edition DLC included it. EDIT: it seems that it's not included. :(

EDIT2: those fucks, it's actually really just BGM in game. I'm pretty sure that there will be a remix CD at some point. Why couldn't they just include that for the LE?

Thanks, guess i'll just wait for a remix CD. Hopefully it actually happens.

Groof

Read the character novellas if you haven't so already!
I will after I've beaten all branches! I started reading the first one but figured it'd be best to read it all at once instead of piecemeal.
Maxing out the weapons? Quite a bit if a remember correctly. I did watch YouTube videos and such whilst doing it so I don't really remember.
I'm guessing that's the way to do it.

Any tips on achieving the two?

I'm guessing that's the way to do it.

Any tips on achieving the two?

What I did was repeat one of the survival challenges ( I think it was the fourth/last one). It is kinda difficult but if you get it down you get approximately 200 000 each time you finish it. To beat the harder enemies I used the lance (final knell I think it was called) and used the combo where your repeatedly stab forward (square combo then mash into triangle)

Groof

What I did was repeat one of the survival challenges ( I think it was the fourth/last one). It is kinda difficult but if you get it down you get approximately 200 000 each time you finish it. To beat the harder enemies I used the lance (final knell I think it was called) and used the combo where your repeatedly stab forward (square combo then mash into triangle)

Do the survival challenges scale with level or do they stay the same difficulty? Because I've got the 3rd survival unlocked and I've been holding off on it until I gain a few levels. But if they scale I see no point.

Do the survival challenges scale with level or do they stay the same difficulty? Because I've got the 3rd survival unlocked and I've been holding off on it until I gain a few levels. But if they scale I see no point.

I'm pretty certain they don't scale to level, what I did was capitalize on the gold knights that appear at the end. I did survival 3 a bunch before I got the final one.

Groof

I'm pretty certain they don't scale to level, what I did was capitalize on the gold knights that appear at the end. I did survival 3 a bunch before I got the final one.
I'm having a lot of trouble with the first round of the third survival... I'm level 42 right now.

I've beaten branch B and C, and just unlocked branch D. Very interested to see how it pans out (also trying to mentally prepare myself for the final battle) but so far the entire thing has been very up and down. The weird anime-esque slapstick stuff just feels so out of place. But I've been enjoying the story nonetheless.

Holykael1

Banned
Unless you are a completionist , I would skip that survival thing. It's pretty useless and hard as hell. I managed to do the first 2 but skipped the other 2(I think there are 4 in total).

Groof

Unless you are a completionist , I would skip that survival thing. It's pretty useless and hard as hell. I managed to do the first 2 but skipped the other 2(I think there are 4 in total).

Don't you get anything cool?

I am sort of a completionist, but if something is too bothersome I won't do it. The survival challenges seem like something one would be able to do in a fairly decent amount of time, opposed to leveling all weapons.

Holykael1

Banned

I am sort of a completionist, but if something is too bothersome I won't do it. The survival challenges seem like something one would be able to do in a fairly decent amount of time, opposed to leveling all weapons.

I don't think so. It certainly isn't a weapon. I think it's only gold.

Groof

I don't think so. It certainly isn't a weapon. I think it's only gold.

Oh.

Thought it might've been like an outfit or something. Maybe even some other nice unlock like a max health potion.

Oh well. I'll focus on pushing through branch D for now at least.

cj_iwakura

A trophy for doing all Accord's missions, and I think they're fun.

The fourth one is NUTS though.

It is pretty difficult, I was getting my missions mixed up btw, sorry :(. The other way i did it was do the land of sand requests (famous fossils or floating stone) 3 times and then do the payday there. That's the mission where the gold knights appear when you complete it. I don't think this was is nearly as difficult at the survival ones but I'm not sure how much money you get. If you go completionist I think you get an achievement and upgrading your weapons gets
a new costume for zero.

Groof

It is pretty difficult, I was getting my missions mixed up btw, sorry :(. The other way i did it was do the land of sand requests (famous fossils or floating stone) 3 times and then do the payday there. That's the mission where the gold knights appear when you complete it. I don't think this was is nearly as difficult at the survival ones but I'm not sure how much money you get. If you go completionist I think you get an achievement and upgrading your weapons gets
a new costume for zero.
Damn, I'd like to see how that looks but I don't think I got it in me to put in the work... It's a pretty okay game with a decent story, but it's so technologically flawed I can't see myself playing any more of it than necessary. I'll probably finish branch D and be hopeful for a dlc price cut. Otherwise it'll probably be shelved for the foreseeable future.

jimi_dini

And it's here:

256 pages. Most of it are strategy guide. The first 30 pages or so are just artworks, which are really awesome. And the strategy guide also has quite a few artworks included as well.

The honto packaging was awesome as always. I used SAL and it took 11 days only.

FkAC4Fa.jpg

iSNYb3s.jpg

ps63PKp.jpg

Mrwf3ae.jpg

Dramw6P.jpg

Groof

Wow, I'm having so much trouble with the final boss. I've even been using the cheat sheet and I just can't seem to beat it... Yesterday I got up to the second last note, but tonight I can barely get past the 7 note string with the pause. Hell, now I can barely get past the very first part. I think my mind is too tired.

I don't know what to do. I really don't want to YouTube the ending, it would seem silly to give up now.

And it's here:

256 pages. Most of it are strategy guide. The first 30 pages or so are just artworks, which are really awesome. And the strategy guide also has quite a few artworks included as well.

The honto packaging was awesome as always. I used SAL and it took 11 days only.
This looks pretty nice. What's the quality of the paper like? Also, any interesting artwork in the guide? Concept stuff?

cj_iwakura

Wow, I'm having so much trouble with the final boss. I've even been using the cheat sheet and I just can't seem to beat it... Yesterday I got up to the second last note, but tonight I can barely get past the 7 note string with the pause. Hell, now I can barely get past the very first part. I think my mind is too tired.

I don't know what to do. I really don't want to YouTube the ending, it would seem silly to give up now.

Are you using the youtube sync guide?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXTI88FGuvI

cj_iwakura

Not this particular one, but a similar one posted earlier in the thread which is easier to sync. I could try with this one tomorrow, but for now I need to rest my weary soul. Maybe read the novellas now.

You'll get there, I did.

The hardest part is the rapid succession. Try alternate buttons, i.e. L1/R1. Easier than mashing the same one.

Groof

You'll get there, I did.

The hardest part is the rapid succession. Try alternate buttons, i.e. L1/R1. Easier than mashing the same one.
I'll give that a shot, but like I said, the one that's been giving me the most ire is the one with the pause. I don't even know if I'm going too fast or too slow.

Oh well. Tomorrow might be the day!

Groof

The trifecta is complete: got my copy of Drakengard 2 today. I should have impressions soon.
The music in this game is so good. Absolutely adore it.

Still haven't beat branch D in 3, starting to doubt that I ever will. Haven't played since I last posted. Figuring I'll just watch the ending on YouTube and then return to it whenever I have time.

Astarte

The trifecta is complete: got my copy of Drakengard 2 today. I should have impressions soon.

I don't really find it to be awful. I made it through Drakengard 1's gameplay with a smile on my face so 2 was pretty good.

The music in this game is so good. Absolutely adore it.

Still haven't beat branch D in 3, starting to doubt that I ever will. Haven't played since I last posted. Figuring I'll just watch the ending on YouTube and then return to it whenever I have time.

Branch D was infuriating to beat because I failed on the last note literally 30 times.

Groof

Branch D was infuriating to beat because I failed on the last note literally 30 times.
Yeah I didn't think I'd have that much issue with it, which is probably why it broke me. Just thinking about it bums me out, much less trying it out again.

Tapejara

I know it's unlikely, but I really wish Square would release a Drakengard + Nier Collection on PS4/XB1. I loved D3 and Nier (only played Branch A of both games - I know, I'm missing out!) and would gladly play them again with better performance. I also have Drakengard 1, but unfortunately my phat PS3 broke earlier this year so I don't have a way of playing it.

TheF1BOB

Banned
I know it's unlikely, but I really wish Square would release a Drakengard + Nier Collection on PS4/XB1. I loved D3 and Nier (only played Branch A of both games - I know, I'm missing out!) and would gladly play them again with better performance. I also have Drakengard 1, but unfortunately my phat PS3 broke earlier this year so I don't have a way of playing it.

Same. I want top play this but no PS3 anymore.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
How long does it take to beat this game? I just started this past weekend. Internet is telling me anywhere from 16 to 50 hours. I'm guessing it depends on how many endings you see?

Also, is there a spoiler free guide anywhere on how to get all the endings?

Holykael1

Banned
How long does it take to beat this game? I just started this past weekend. Internet is telling me anywhere from 16 to 50 hours. I'm guessing it depends on how many endings you see?

You don't need a guide to get all the endings, the game unlocks all the routes for you, the only thing you need to unlock the very last route is buy all the weapons in the game.

It must have taken like 15-20 hours to beat iirc, got all endings too(though I ragequitted on ending D's final boss).

Got the game. Will probably start playing it next week.

I looked up how much all the DLC would cost. All the story episodes add up to $30, which is more than I even paid for the game. I guess I'll wait for a sale on those and just grab the japanese VO pack right now. Anything else worth looking at?

Probably because we know much less about Two and Three by the end of the game than any of the other sisters. Four and Five come off as the two of the more generic sisters, even though they're still pretty unique in personality.

I'm still gonna buy and play all of them though when I finish my finals.

Getting all the endings is basically a straight path. However to unlock the last branch, you need every weapon in the game. Meaning you need lots of money and to hit every chest in every level. Which isn't that bad.

As for the 16 to 50, that depends on how long the final boss can take you lol.

Edit: This post is also a month old. Well.

Got the game. Will probably start playing it next week.

I looked up how much all the DLC would cost. All the story episodes add up to $30, which is more than I even paid for the game. I guess I'll wait for a sale on those and just grab the japanese VO pack right now. Anything else worth looking at?

If the level soundtrack gets a little too repetitive for you, you might wanna think about buying the level BGM DLC. Its got some remixed songs from Drakengard 1 and Nier to use as BGM for the levels.

Getting all the endings is basically a straight path. However to unlock the last branch, you need every weapon in the game. Meaning you need lots of money and to hit every chest in every level. Which isn't that bad.

Ah, is that something I need to worry about on my first playthrough? Nier for example
locked you from the first half of the game, thus preventing you to get some weapons. I got lucky there.

Ah, is that something I need to worry about on my first playthrough? Nier for example
locked you from the first half of the game, thus preventing you to get some weapons. I got lucky there.

Actually, none of the weapons in Nier were missable at all.
Every weapon you could get in the first half is still available in the second half and any quests that give weapons were still available in the second half. Mostly because until the second half you couldn't use any weapons besides normal swords.
But no, nothing is missable in this game. Drakengard 3 is mission based similar to Drakengard 1, so you can go back to any mission you want and replay it. Its nothing like Nier gameplay wise except that its an action RPG.

Top Bottom