• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drakengard 3 |OT| This Silence Is Mine

Tizoc

Are the sisters dlc worth it?
Might grab the $5 JP voices DLC since I forgot to get it while it was free :V

Are the sisters dlc worth it?
Might grab the $5 JP voices DLC since I forgot to get it while it was free :V

In my opinion, they were fun to play as the different sister's, but not entirely essential.

For example, playing as the different sisters is somewhat fun and gave a bit of backstory to what they were doing before the game starts (especially Two) with Zero, but I wouldn't say you need them ( I hope I'm not confusing :S).

Audioboxer

Picked this up from Play-Asia on sale when I was importing Demon Gaze. Started playing it first and with the low expectations I had I am enjoying myself.

Definitely not a lot like Nier, but it's still quirky and different.

cj_iwakura

This is a question regarding the FINAL BOSS.

Does anyone have any tips for
timing the guide videos with the game? Every time I try it's always off by about a second or so.

Trying both these guides for reference.

Video Link # 1

Video Link #2

I never would have accomplished it without this, which I bet is true for most of the world.

What I do is time it as the game goes on, and use the cutscenes as checks. The easier parts/cutscene interludes are my opportunities.

Also, it's been a year. Time flies, doesn't it? (I think some of the OP images are down...)

Look for a cut in the first 30 seconds to immediately start it.

I never would have accomplished it without this, which I bet is true for most of the world.

What I do is time it as the game goes on, and use the cutscenes as checks. The easier parts/cutscene interludes are my opportunities.

Also, it's been a year. Time flies, doesn't it? (I think some of the OP images are down...)

I'll try these suggestions tomorrow.

I'm committed to beating this. I can make it to the final section on my own but I always get fucked by something there. I am also already aware of another particular something when the screen goes black as well.

cj_iwakura

I've been waiting for this.

Drakengard 3 LP

Bonus!

4Yw4FRs.jpg

ZEMTuE6.jpg

Herelies4dotjaypeg.jpg

CjrWctj.png

SyNbvwN.png

iGwOIfP.png

cj_iwakura

Wow, those SA posters are bitching about D3 something fierce. The frame rate didn't bother me at all. Am I just used to games of the type? Thank god.

cj_iwakura

What are you talking about? I like the game and all but it's one of the worst performing console titles I've ever played.

It legitimately didn't bother me. But I'm notorious about that.

I guess there's a stopping point for me in that LP. I never did get the Intoners' DLC.

It legitimately didn't bother me. But I'm notorious about that.

I guess there's a stopping point for me in that LP. I never did get the Intoners' DLC.

The only thing that I noticed was just load time doors. That took forever.

I'm still waiting on the DLC to go on sale, because I'll buy it straight away when it does. I wouldn't mind dipping my foot back in but I can't justify the price of the DLC. But I doubt it will ever go on sale.

Thanks for bumping it with the SA LP. I needed to read something and I'm currently in that Drakengard/Nier mood.

cj_iwakura

The only thing that I noticed was just load time doors. That took forever.

I'm still waiting on the DLC to go on sale, because I'll buy it straight away when it does. I wouldn't mind dipping my foot back in but I can't justify the price of the DLC. But I doubt it will ever go on sale.

Yeah, load times can irritate me sometimes, but I'm patient. Stuff that drives people crazy(Demon's Souls), I didn't mind at all.

Also, don't be so quick to think that. Nier's did, eventually.

AwShucks

So I started this a few nights ago, knowing to expect a mediocre looking and playing game. Also hoping that it would be entertaining from a story perspective.

I'm in the second major area and it does NOT disappoint. Oh man, the scene after that first boss fight had be in stitches. Sure the gameplay is just OK, but I enjoy the fights with larger enemies and the constant banter is great. And some of the lines are just so absurd and the cutscenes have all been great so far.

Gbraga

Sorry for the omega bump. Just started playing this yesterday, and I don't want to keep bothering people in the Automata thread about it.

I read that I need to acquire every weapon to get to the final ending, and I'll need a lot of money for this.

So, two questions:

- Is it important to upgrade weapons or can I neglect that to make it easier?

- Will my weapon percentage, shop availability and money carry from one route to the next, or do I have to farm for everything in Route A?

I'm doing the side missions and getting every chest, anything else I should be paying attention to?

So far, I'm really enjoying it. More than I thought I would. On the other hand, the framerate is even worse than I feared. Good lord.

Gbraga

Wait, where is this picture from?

I need to watch Clemps' stuff tonight, so I can get a general idea of what the DLCs are about. Even though I really enjoyed the game, I still don't feel like playing them.

About the final boss, I couldn't really give you a genuine reaction because I ended up looking it up on youtube before getting to the real messed up part,
the notes during the post-battle dialogue.

If I was able to reach that on my own, I think I'd lose my mind.

What a bump, I couldn't be happier for it! Shame I hate this game
for that framerate, I physically get migraines playing it.

Oh but that final boss.

giphy.gif

Also I don't remember which to exploit.

Lol, I've not spoilered myself but I've already heard a lot of horror stories about the final boss. Looking forward to it.

And yeah the performance is terrible, but I came in to the game knowing it was an issue so it didn't bother me that much. I'll just continue farming these cathedral city stages I guess, the best way to make money seems to be just repeating those pay day stages.

EmiPrime

I finally unlocked branch D, repeating the easiest desert mission over and over to keep unlocking desert pay day wasn't too painful. I will give my impressions of the final boss in a few hours as that's kind of a thing with this game.

All I know is that it involves a whole new game style so that narrows it down in my head to a QTE fest or even some sort of rhythm action thing with Zero's intoner song made really, hopelessly frustrating by Drakengard 3's awful frame rate.

Hektor

I finally unlocked branch D, repeating the easiest desert mission over and over to keep unlocking desert pay day wasn't too painful. I will give my impressions of the final boss in a few hours as that's kind of a thing with this game.

All I know is that it involves a whole new game style so that narrows it down in my head to a QTE fest or even some sort of rhythm action thing with Zero's intoner song made really, hopelessly frustrating by Drakengard 3's awful frame rate.

I can assure you, the framerate is not the issue with the final boss. It's much, much worse.

EmiPrime

I can assure you, the framerate is not the issue with the final boss. It's much, much worse.

No kidding. This is way worse than I anticipated.

Are there any checkpoints? If not I am just going to watch the ending on Youtube. I've only had two attempts and I am already leaning towards this not being worth the aggravation.

Hektor

No kidding. This is way worse than I anticipated.

Are there any checkpoints? If not I am just going to watch the ending on Youtube. I've only had two attempts and I am already leaning towards this not being worth the aggravation.

No checkpoints and the entire sequence lasts 8 minutes. Took me an entire day to beat it. Idk if you have managed to get to the last part, but that is especially unfair and frustrating.

EmiPrime

No checkpoints and the entire sequence lasts 8 minutes. Took me an entire day to beat it. Idk if you have managed to get to the last part, but that is especially unfair and frustrating.

No I only tried twice. First time I didn't understand what was happening so I died instantly. Got
a few of the notes
second time around but I could see why it's so hated given how long it takes to retry. I watched the whole thing on Youtube and was thankful that I got out as early as I did. The last part is indeed horribly unfair.

I'm okay not having that trophy.

neoemonk

I just finished Nier (PS3) and I've got this waiting in the wings before I jump into Automata but I don't know if I can handle another bleak story so soon.

BadWolf

I just finished Nier (PS3) and I've got this waiting in the wings before I jump into Automata but I don't know if I can handle another bleak story so soon.

You finished Nier more than once, right? There's more story after the first playthrough.

D3 is fantastic but I'd definitely suggest taking a break after playing Nier. You gotta let experiences like this settle in.

Hektor

Drakengard 3 is actually more of a comedy game throughout most of the experience even if it still got trademark yoko taro moments

neoemonk

You finished Nier more than once, right? There's more story after the first playthrough.

D3 is fantastic but I'd definitely suggest taking a break after playing Nier. You gotta let experiences like this settle in.

I did A and B, watched C and D on YouTube because the last few weapons were a pain in the ass, and then I read a bunch of stuff from Grimoire Nier as well to really twist the knife.

neoemonk

I finished Branch A of this yesterday evening, and got started on Branch B. I don't have the DLC and don't know if I've got the patience to unlock D, but I figure I'll play through C and see if I'm tired of the game yet.

I finished Branch A of this yesterday evening, and got started on Branch B. I don't have the DLC and don't know if I've got the patience to unlock D, but I figure I'll play through C and see if I'm tired of the game yet.

I don't think it takes too long to unlock D.

Just that a few of the challenge missions can take a bit to beat.

Top Bottom