• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon: Metro Redux 1080p60 on PS4, 900p60 on XB1, graphics/gameplay updated

nynt9

The usual hoopla, I guess.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/22/5739550/metro-redux-trailer-2033-last-light

The two Metro titles will be sold individually as downloads for $24.99 each, and Deep Silver will release them bundled on disc for $49.99. Expect the PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One versions to hit this summer, with dedicated Linux, Mac and SteamOS versions to follow in the coming months.

Beynon said the console versions are expected to run at 60 frames per second. The PS4 version will run at 1080p resolution, with the Xbox One running at 900p.

Based on the gameplay demo of Metro 2033 Redux that we saw, the game generally looks brighter, exposing more detail in each level but "without losing that soulful, mournful edge that the fans really liked," Beynon said. "[4A] has put a huge focus on lighting."

The Redux version of Metro: Last Light is also getting a graphical facelift — though it's less extreme — and a handful of new gameplay improvements. Players will be able to check their watch and inventory, two fan-requested features. The Redux package will also include all of Last Light's downloadable content.

Send me to 2033 if old.

I actually see this as good news for the XB1. Considering this is 60fps, earlier XB1 games trailed further behind in the resolution department. 900p is an acceptable resolution for all the but most hardcore.

The big question is gonna be exactly how they both perform. Is it always 60fps? Is there any screen tearing? Those could also sway things dramatically one way or the other.

I actually see this as good news for the XB1. Considering this is 60fps, earlier XB1 games trailed further behind in the resolution department. 900p is an acceptable resolution for all the but most hardcore.

The big question is gonna be exactly how they both perform. Is it always 60fps? Is there any screen tearing? Those could also sway things dramatically one way or the other.

Yeah, 900p is actually good news for XB1. 792p would have been rotten for sure.

x-Lundz-x

Honestly, if this becomes the norm then Xbox One owners should be pretty content. If a game is 1080P on PS4 and 720/792 or whatever then that is a little harder to swallow in my eyes.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Yeah, 900p is actually good news for XB1. 792p would have been rotten for sure.

OzNCaTi.jpg

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

They said locked 60 on PS4 but no word on XBO. May be a few dips judging by how things usually go, unless they also alter some other settings aside from res.

T.O.P

Banned

Yup, tend to buy Shooters and such on X1 so 900p 60fps is enough for me to chose that version

Last Light will be mine on D1 since my pc practically cried when i tried to run it lol

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
funny how last gen 360 owners/fans/sites would make a bigger deal out of often less than a 10% performance/resolution advantage for 360, but this gen a 10% disadvantage is "acceptable" to most.

funny how things have changed (and really.. just interesting. that is all)

will be curious to see the equivalent quality settings on PS4 compared to PC.. guessing it will be the usual "minor but there" difference.

x-Lundz-x

If I owned a bone if be pissed off but it is what it is.

Everyone knows the XB1 is under powered compared to the PS4 and so why should you be mad if you only owned an XB1? You should expect almost all of your 3rd party games to be inferior to the PS4 in some form or fashion. It's just how MUCH of a difference the games end up being.

1080P VS 900P is pretty respectable but 1080P vs 720P is not. That's all I'm saying.

That being said, I cannot wait for this collection. I played them on 360 and while they were fun, at times they were damn near unplayable. Very excited to play them on the PS4.

CCIE

Banned
Wow, the Bone continues to disappoint. I'd be pissed if I were an owner, as this is no longer news but commonplace.

The hardware is simply inferior

Two Words

Everyone knows the XB1 is under powered compared to the PS4 and so why should you be mad if you only owned an XB1? You should expect almost all of your 3rd party games to be inferior to the PS4 in some form or fashion. It's just how MUCH of a difference the games end up being.

1080P VS 900P is pretty respectable but 1080P vs 720P is not. That's all I'm saying.

That being said, I cannot wait for this collection. I played them on 360 and while they were fun, at times they were damn near unplayable. Very excited to play them on the PS4.

Battlefield 4 is the only 900p game I own and I can definitely tell the difference from it and my other 1080p games. I hate it. The whole game feels like a photoshop picture that was enlarged at improper proportions.

Top Bottom