• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seven Dead, Several Hospitalized in Isla Vista Mass Shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

tehbible

It's possible he was targeting women.

He was active on bodybuilding misc forums and posters thought he was trolling, but this kid was actually serious.

He was also active on puahate? Never heard of it.

Some of his posts were disturbing. His revenge youtube video is the most disturbing however.

News article on the incident

His 'retribution' video. The Rest of his videos

Backup of same video since the original video will go down forsure.

His father was the second unit director of the Hunger Games, so this kid comes from a rich background.

Still of him on the red carpet for Hunger Games

Example thread of how warped this kid's mind was.

Another thread. Can't seem to get cache of the entire thread though, just the first page

To read every page install Google Cache Continue userscript. Just drag the .js file onto the Extensions settings page on Chrome. Thanks Coreda.

update: 3 bodies pulled from killer's apartment home. The 3 victims were all stabbed per press conference.

udpate 2: His 140pg manifesto

Omg. I literally just saw a video and thread he posted the other night in which people ripped him to shreds until it was locked and taken down. It was the most cringe worthy thing ever with him standing next to a road crying about women not wanting to give him a chance. Omg.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
It's so creepy watching that video and that fucking massive ego and his "self entitlement" on anything. Strangely reminds me of some people I've known online in the past with this attitude but I didn't expect any of these levels, holy fuck.

tehbible

It's so creepy watching that video and that fucking massive ego and his "self entitlement" on anything. Strangely reminds me of some people I've known online in the past with this attitude but I didn't expect any of these levels, holy fuck.

what's really creepy about it is how he viewed women as objects, something that should be attained like they're on a pedestal. It's just a story of a rich kid who couldn't get what he wanted and eventually acted out on it with disturbing, mass murdering consequences.

Could the mass murder have been prevented had the forum reacted in a different way? Not to say that his crazy thoughts are warranted in any way, but constant bashing and insults could have potentially pushed him over.

CoolOff

It's like a parody of the "fedora-guy" turned up to 11. It's "unjust" that a guy driving an old Honda Civic can get a girl and not this dude. I have no words.

Zoggy

jHVHAys.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zBvaVWdJRQM

trixx

Holy crap what the hell? Warning video is incredibly disturbing.

rip to the victims this is disgusting.

smurfx

get some go again
i'm clicking the links and they don't work. got it working by seeing the cached version on google.

Yeah, he was genuinely, certifiably insane from that video. I do wonder why girls never wanted to talk to him. Absolutely tragic.

"I'm the perfect guy"

You sad, strange little man.

NinjaBoiX

Rich, not unattractive dude sitting in a nice car, bathed in sunlight and surrounded by palm trees:

"My life has been torture."

Yeah, OK mate.

Horrible story, peeps be cray.

MormaPope

Banned
Undiagnosed mental illness strikes again. Seriously, watching his youtube vids right now and this dude needed serious help.

Rot in hell you little bitch made pussy.

I'll never understand hell as a concept. So suffering forever is going to do what exactly? Believing in hell is like believing in some sort divine death penalty. I hope wherever him and the victims are, is a great place.

It's possible he was targeting women.

He was active on bodybuilding misc forums and posters thought he was trolling, but this kid was actually serious.

He was also active on puahate? Never heard of it.

Some of his posts were disturbing. His revenge youtube video is the most disturbing however.

News article on the incident

His 'retribution' video

His father was the assistant director of the Hunger Games, so this kid comes from a rich background.

Example thread of how warped this kid's mind was. *edit* thread got deleted by BB mods. Will post backup in a bit.

Puahate.com is the forum for the anti-pickup artist movement.

I remember someone posted a documentary about involuntary celibates a while back, and I went to find it again and found that community talking about it.

NewFresh

I'm confused...

When questioned about the video during the news conference, Sheriff Brown indicated investigators were familiar with it and are looking into whether Roger was connected with the crime.

It didn't say he was the shooter.

What a lame reason for murder. Not that murder is ever acceptable, but really? You go on a killing spree and make the most pretentious and boisterous video possible then kill a few people because you can't get a girlfriend? That's, just, I don't know, I don't want to say less cool, because no murder sprees are cool, but it's just so stupid!

Zoggy

I didn't think people monologued like super villains in real life.

Douche.
i'm going to guess he was into comics or something like that and was just trying to emulate that.

he was trying really hard to be sinister batman villain or "mysterious" anime bad guy, down to the "hehehehe" chuckles and everything.

Tugatrix

It's sad for the victims, he had clearly some Personality Disorder, maybe a Narcissistic Personality Disorder how could nobody realize that in time? Family? Friends(If he had one)?

Could the mass murder have been prevented had the forum reacted in a different way? Not to say that his crazy thoughts are warranted in any way, but constant bashing and insults could have potentially pushed him over.
No. This guy was on his path before he posted on the misc.

Sadly it's not a failure of the Internet but society in general. It's human nature to cast out those that act or behave weirdly or differently or those that look different. Things like this have their code deeply written in evolution and human biology. This starts at an early age with bullying. Kids are the cruelest of all and the biggest offenders. I was picked on relentlessly all growing up due to being at the time overweight. While I was able to deal with it in much less violent ways and worked on bettering my esteem and life.. This is the more brutal end of what sometimes happens in extreme cases. Sadly being relatively anonymous on the Internet makes people act much like they did as children.

SmokeMaxX

Honestly I think it was just pressure (both peer and self). He's a rich kid with a semi-famous family and he's a 22 year old virgin? Must be frustrating. The problem is that instead of trying to understand why girls aren't attracted to him, he just wants to kill people.

Hagi

Did you see the video? I do believe he is the shooter

Near the end he says: I'll give you exactly what you deserve

Video says he was going to shoot up a sorority so while it no doubt shows he's a psycho it's not a smoking gun just yet.

I hope if there was another person in the car he or she is found quickly.

Munin

The BB mods are going overdrive deleting everything related to the event right now. Hard to link the posts. I just updated OP with an example thread.

Why would they do that? Aren't his posts basically a great opportunity to help police / psychologists / family / whatever figure out where everything went wrong with the guy?

Hellcrow

Did you see the video? I do believe he is the shooter

Near the end he says: I'll give you exactly what you deserve

Officially it is unconfirmed, so you can argue that this is a witch hunt.

However, internet detectives threw together this:
Car from crime scene: http://media.independent.com/img/photos/2014/05/24/photo-4.JPG
Facebook photo: http://i.imgur.com/UusxwI8.jpg

Same license plate.

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/UCSantaBarbara/comments/26d4hy/this_looks_to_be_our_suspect/chpx40b

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Video says he was going to shoot up a sorority so while it no doubt shows he's a psycho it's not a smoking gun just yet.

I hope if there was another person in the car he or she is found quickly.
Officially it is unconfirmed, so you can argue that this is a witch hunt.

However, internet detectives threw together this:
Car from crime scene: http://media.independent.com/img/photos/2014/05/24/photo-4.JPG
Facebook photo: http://i.imgur.com/UusxwI8.jpg

Same license plate.

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/UCSantaBarbara/comments/26d4hy/this_looks_to_be_our_suspect/chpx40b

I understand but you just can't think that he had nothing do to with it with all those posts and videos.

EDIT: License plate... wow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom