• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seven Dead, Several Hospitalized in Isla Vista Mass Shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abounder

Banned
Yikes this kid makes even Anthony Soprano Jr. look not so bad. Hopefully the victims' families will at least get financially compensated. Growing up with poor social skills is a terrible way to be raised.

I hope at least some loved one tried to reach out to this kid before. He had severe issues and made them very public. Of course the internet will bash anyone to pieces and accept no wrong doing for pushing unstable people closer to the edge. Fuck. This could have been prevented.

RIP to all the victims and their families. Terrible.

MormaPope

Banned
Also, the first thing I thought of when I saw him:

P4-MitsuoKubo.jpg

http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Mitsuo_Kubo

Persona 4 character, spoilers and details in the link.

tehbible

Why would they do that? Aren't his posts basically a great opportunity to help police / psychologists / family / whatever figure out where everything went wrong with the guy?

they probably dont' want to get shut down. the threads got deleted but he does get bullied quite a bit by other posters. most probably just assumed he was a master troll.

NewFresh

Did you see the video? I do believe he is the shooter

Near the end he says: I'll give you exactly what you deserve
I did. He said he was going to attack a sorority. Its odd that he was not identified by the sheriff as the shooter.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to defend anything here. But he is not identified as the shooter in the article and people are assuming he was.

Edit: picture of car make it pretty definitive regardless of article.

Hagi

I understand but you just can't think that he had nothing do to with it with all those posts and videos.

It wouldn't be surprising in the least but still, until official confirmation he's just another one of the many women hating psychopaths populating the internet.

Is the body building thread deleting threads he made or just threads about him? Surely they should keep that shit just in case if its the former.

MormaPope

Banned
Conceited little psycho isn't he? And from this post I deduce he was probably shallow as hell as well. You have to wonder what he would even say to women when he saw them. This post alone makes me not want to see the video.

He's mentally ill. Dudes that feel like women cheat them on having sex constantly are just douches.

"Yeah, she didn't want my D, what a bitch"

"Yeah, apparently I'm not good enough for her, yet she likes assholes, typical".

That's what you hear typically from asshole dudes that can't get laid. They don't say a speech that would be in Death Note or some sort of anime/movie/videogame.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
This guy was probably raised improperly or misunderstood/misinterpreted what the parents fed him. I'm willing to bet that he got A LOT of shit over his failure to get a GF by parents and other family or friends. Pressure from one side and his entitled ego/pride driving him further from understanding why he kept falling.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
It wouldn't be surprising in the least but still, until official confirmation he's just another one of the many women hating psychopaths populating the internet.

Is the body building thread deleting threads he made or just threads about him? Surely they should keep that shit just in case if its the former.
I understand.
It looks like they are deleting thread about discussing him.

KissVibes

Banned
Puahate.com is the forum for the anti-pickup artist movement.

It's a forum for people that are bitter they bought into that garbage and that it didn't work for them because they're largely completely shitty people.

Why do you think fuckstick posted there? He spent daddies money trying to figure out why women rejected him (because he's a fucking psychopath) and he went over to PUAHate to whine about how these programs didn't work for him but worked for "douchebags."

MormaPope

Banned
By making this killer famous we're giving him what he wanted and potentially encouraging future murderers.

Ignoring situations like this amounts to being unhealthy. Why? Because you would be ignoring mental illness.

Now if news stations do reporting on this in the typical, sensational way, then yeah, that shit sucks. But events like this should not be ignored en masse.

i'm going to guess he was into comics or something like that and was just trying to emulate that.

he was trying really hard to be sinister batman villain or "mysterious" anime bad guy, down to the "hehehehe" chuckles and everything.

Yeah, I just finished watching X-Men First Class, and got a kick out of Fassbender an Bacon saying villainous shit.

Seeing this immediately afterwards is really eerie.

Zamorro

Officially it is unconfirmed, so you can argue that this is a witch hunt.

However, internet detectives threw together this:
Car from crime scene: http://media.independent.com/img/photos/2014/05/24/photo-4.JPG
Facebook photo: http://i.imgur.com/UusxwI8.jpg

Same license plate.

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/UCSantaBarbara/comments/26d4hy/this_looks_to_be_our_suspect/chpx40b

Seems pretty conclusive.

Guy must have had some personality disorder with zero self reflection.

Betty

Banned
From the video he says: "I don't know what you don't see in me. I'm a perfect guy. Yet you throw yourselves at these obnoxious men. Instead of me... the supreme gentlemen. ."

Barf.

Ignoring situations like this amounts to being unhealthy. Why? Because you would be ignoring mental illness.

Now if news stations do reporting on this in the typical, sensational way, then yeah, that shit sucks. But events like this should not be ignored en masse.

The event in itself shouldn't, but you're kidding yourself if you think it will amount to mental illness genuinely being caught at an early stage and taken more seriously rather than just confirming that he was a socipath.

NewFresh

Officially it is unconfirmed, so you can argue that this is a witch hunt.

However, internet detectives threw together this:
Car from crime scene: http://media.independent.com/img/photos/2014/05/24/photo-4.JPG
Facebook photo: http://i.imgur.com/UusxwI8.jpg

Same license plate.

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/UCSantaBarbara/comments/26d4hy/this_looks_to_be_our_suspect/chpx40b

Thanks for the link. Seemed odd that people would just jump onboard with the article not actually starting out was him.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Could the mass murder have been prevented had the forum reacted in a different way? Not to say that his crazy thoughts are warranted in any way, but constant bashing and insults could have potentially pushed him over.

If forums are going to be held accountable for not giving treatment to mentally broken individuals then all forums need to shut down ASAP including gaf.

Unless he posted real threats "I'm going to really go on a murder spree thursday" etc they should not have done anything.

Sneds

It's not about ignoring the events but showing the killers face constantly and trawling through his old videos and forum posts will encourage future murderers who want to be famous.

tkscz

He's mentally ill. Dudes that feel like women cheat them on having sex constantly are just douches.

"Yeah, she didn't want my D, what a bitch"

"Yeah, apparently I'm not good enough for her, yet she likes assholes, typical".

That's what you hear typically from asshole dudes that can't get laid. They don't say a speech that would be in Death Note or some sort of anime/movie/videogame.

What mental illness did he fall under? Are there any psych majors on GAF who could tell us what, if any, mental illness(es) he had?

MormaPope

Banned
The event in itself shouldn't, but you're kidding yourself if you think it will amount to mental illness genuinely being caught at an early stage and taken more seriously rather than just confirming that he was a socipath.

We're discussing mental illness in this thread, aren't we? News stations and news coverage is almost universally shitty, some good apples here and there, but there usually isn't a good backbone at all.

Ah he's one of those types of guys who think the problem is never them, it's always someone else, "I was forced to live 8 years of loneliness", no you chose to live like that, RIP to all the innocent victims

Oh, so it's unconfirmed if it was suicide or not? I was expecting that to have been the case. From what can be learned about him, he seems like the perfect poster child for rich youth gone wrong.

Tenck

It's not about ignoring the events but showing the killers face constantly and trawling through his old videos and forum posts will encourage future murderers who want to be famous.

Murderers getting publicity isn't new. We've had killers before you and I were born, and we'll have killers long after we're dead.

We're discussing mental illness in this thread, aren't we? News stations and news coverage is almost universally shitty, some good apples here and there, but there usually isn't a good backbone at all.

The coverage would be "LOOK AT THE PSYCHO" rather than offering any decent ways to catch people in sincere need of help, I feel.

Sneds

Murderers getting publicity isn't new. We've had killers before you and I were born, and we'll have killers long after we're dead.

The more publicity you give to mass-murderers, the more you encourage future mass murder.

MormaPope

Banned

For the record, has any murderer cited that another murderer enticed them to do what they wanted to do? Severe mental illness combined with not caring about human life anymore or despising human life is what causes these murder sprees. "Future murderers" don't exist because of other murderers.

What mental illness did he fall under? Are there any psych majors on GAF who could tell us what, if any, mental illness(es) he had?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personality_disorder
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-defeating_personality_disorder
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy

Not a psych major, but I would guess that these would be starting points.

The more publicity you give to mass-murderers, the more you encourage future mass murder.

The more people don't acknowledge and accept mental illness existing, the more you encourage future mass murder.

P. Fembot

Banned

I would guess Narcissistic personality disorder or sociopathy.

Does not seem to be suffering from mania.

Even though we could in layperson's terms say that this guy is delusional, I don't think it's delusional in a psychotic sense.

FYI I have a degree in psychology but do not think my opinions are necessarily right, just my opinion from the video and his posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom