• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 announced (360, Xbox One), releasing this fall

BajiRav

I hope they do a $10 upgrade to X1 or something along that line. I will likely get this for Xbox 360 because I don't have X1 yet.

FrankT

A lot less than that.

He was wrong on tier 2 launch dates, TF bundle happening( referencing to the one he showed as it was only a special edition given to respawn), Quatuam break date and probably some else I forgot.

Special edition was almost for sure going to happen and MS pulled it. All signs pointed to that. Dates change all the time so I do not fault him on dates. I very much figured one of the two between SO and QB would be moved to 15. It's too packed now even from my point of view.

Well maybe not too packed but getting close.

They have to spread out SO, Halo and this.

TheKayle

Banned
FH2 is never going to look better than DC.

FH2 is on the weaker hardware and is open world.

and the developers? dosnt matter?...you know.....check that pgr gifs around....
anyway is an open world game...oranges to apples

would be hilarious if fh2 will go out before dc :D lol

jem0208

That doesn't mean it has to look worse, being open world almost certainly means it will though.

Well it kinda does...

PS4 has more power to push more pixels to the screen and with better/more effects etc. I suppose it depends on the competency of the devs however being on stronger hardware means it's going to be a lot easier for DC to be better looking.

(Note: I am a massive Xbox fan and I'm ridiculously excited for FH2, just telling the truth)

failgubbe

I fail to see how they're fundamentally different. FH's engine was a tweaked F4 engine, FH2 is using the F5 engine.

F5's engine isn't fundamentally different than F4's engine. The improvements are fairly minor.

Spongebob-Gif-spongebob-squarepants-27084696-499-281.gif

Faith

DriveClub has 50 cars, no weather change, runs in 30fps and is not open-world.

It's obvious that it will look better than Forza.

RetroStu

Banned
Well it kinda does...

PS4 has more power to push more pixels to the screen and with better/more effects etc. I suppose it depends on the competency of the devs however being on stronger hardware means it's going to be a lot easier for DC to be better looking.

(Note: I am a massive Xbox fan and I'm ridiculously excited for FH2, just telling the truth)

No it doesn't. Its a different game made by different developers, if it was the same game by the same developers then yeah.

Its like the Rogue Leader games on Gamecube, they look better than 90% of the games on the orig Xbox even though the Xbox was much more powerful than Gamecube, a much bigger jump than between PS4 and X1.

Eusis

That doesn't mean it has to look worse, being open world almost certainly means it will though.
It really does depend on hardware mastery and what tricks you can pull, though it is more linear than it's ever been with PS4 vs XB1.

But I'll take better, more interesting gameplay over the prettiest generally (though I won't say no if you offer it for free with no catches outside of the usual.)

Bsigg12

What the hell is this? What are we to be surprised by next week?

I think that'a the point. They're announcing the heavily rumored/leaked titles before hand. I suppose Halo 5 doesn't quite count but as it stands, we have no idea what they have planned since Quantam Break is getting blown out at Gamescom, they announced Halo 5 early. Sunset Overdrive got a gameplay reveal a few weeks ago, and now Forza Horizon 2 is real and receiving coverage all week from IGN.

blakep267

A lot less than that.

He was wrong on tier 2 launch dates, TF bundle happening( referencing to the one he showed as it was only a special edition given to respawn), Quatuam break date and probably some else I forgot.
Ehh the quantum break date was probably initially slated for fall but got a delay( even though a public date wasn't announced)

The titanfall bundle was probably scrapped when they noticed that they had 900k xbox a sitting in warehouses

And the tier 2 dates were wrong. So I only count that one as wrong.

Kssio_Aug

and the developers? dosnt matter?...you know.....check that pgr gifs around....
anyway is an open world game...oranges to apples

would be hilarious if fh2 will go out before dc :D lol

Well, Im excited for both games, but more for FH2 tbh! But lets understand that Drive Club is not doing bad at all visually speaking, and by what they have shown its one of the better looking games to be released out there! So, if you sum up their competency with the hardware limitations and with the kind of game (open world vs non-open world), thats virtually impossible for FH2 look better.

They could however bring an amazing visual game with a great art direction, and it will not do bad at all against DC visuals.

TheKayle

Banned
Statements like that are weird - we have not seen the game yet.

is true about the cars...are 50

"Evolution has previously described the Plus Edition as "feature-complete," limited only by the number of tracks and cars players have access to. We now know those numbers--10 cars, 11 tracks, and one location (India)--are roughly a fifth of what's in the full game, which contains 50 cars, 55 tracks, five locations, and 50 tour events, according to the PlayStation Blog."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dr...ed-plus-members-get-10-discount/1100-6419494/

theWB27

Come on games don't release in a vacuum just because they are exclusive. Just like Forza gets compared to GT gets compared to Project Cars.

If FH2 ends up looking better DC people will end up having a negative perception of it because it's already been delayed.

Damn kind of feel bad for DC. If it hadn't been delayed it wouldn't have had to go head to head with FH2. If the first preview videos of FH2 look better than what we've seen of DC, Rushy am cry.

You use Forza and GT. Well GT5 was in development for a long time...with one or two delays. While Forza was gaining momentum with its popularity with release after release.

When GT finally released, it sold over 10 million copies even when some of the comparisons put Forza on top of it.

Perception didn't hurt either one of the title's sales...mainly because you could only get one game on one system.

If FH2 looks better than DC...cool. That exclusive tag means owners of one or the other system are usually going to get the racing game that releases for said system.

If anything...the console warriors will still champion the game that's exclusive to their system...regardless of what the other game offers. As we've seen over and over again....game forum wars doesn't really impact a game when it's released.

Just because we will sit around and compare two different racing games...doesn't mean Rushy needs to cry about anything.

I hope it's 30fps with the smoothness of Horizon 1, it needs to look good as good as possible. Weather effects, day/night cycle, open world, give me the whole package.

jem0208

A lot less than that.

Tier 2 launch dates and Quantum Break release date are very flexible and quite prone to change. Quantum Break was even mentioned as a 2014 game by MS at one point.

He may not have got the fact that they were releasing the bundle right but the fact that he was almost exactly right with the actual design of it is pretty telling.

He's had a very, very solid record so far. Much better than most "insiders"

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
forza 5 engine.... hopefully this means some of the tech (weather and time of day) will make it into the next mainline forza.

jet1911

And I should clarify that setting my expectations at Forza 5 with AA is still fine by me - I think Forza 5 looks fucking fantastic. So if that's the baseline, I'll be good, as long as it has real AA and those now classic Horizon draw distances.

It does look really good. I'm playing it right now and it looks better than what some gaffer lead me to believe.

Draconian

I hope the 360 version isn't missing any of the features of the XB1 version and that the only major difference is the visuals. Wasn't expecting this to come to 360 too, so I'm pretty excited.

Bsigg12

I hope the 360 version isn't missing any of the features of the XB1 version and that the only major difference is the visuals. Wasn't expecting this to come to 360 too, so I'm pretty excited.

I'm sticking with the weather system is Xbox One only.

In making the leap to Xbox One, Forza Horizon 2 will include hundreds of cars, according to Playground Games, headlined by the 2015 Lamborghini Huracán. A long-awaited weather system will also make its Forza debut, while Forza 5’s Drivatar system is also being adapted for Horizon 2.

shandy706

You know what...with the extra time they've had, and the possibility of 30fps, and tons of tweaking...that means FH2 will possibly look better than this in motion...

ezqoqx.gif

lzitqw.gif

I don't know how much open-world will effect it...but still..

Exciting..

RetroStu

Banned
It does look really good. I'm playing it right now and it looks better than what some gaffer lead me to believe.

The problem with Forza 5 is that it looks average in screen shots, its one of those games that really doesn't take a good screen shot.
I was totally blown away though when i saw it in person at a friends house. So much so that i think anyone who says it looks bad simply hasn't seen it in person.

FrankT

I never bought it, but saw it firsthand at a Gamestop awhile back and thought first thing what an amazing looking game. The amount of gnashing over it is simply amazing. No doubt there are some areas for improvement, but first shot out of the box; damn good job.

looks like Microsoft hasn't dropped support for the 360 just yet.

I know a lot of people last year were talking about how MS was leaving the 360 in the dust while Sony was still supporting the PS3, but so far this year X360 has gotten:

Titanfall,
PvZ: Garden Warfare
Project Spark
Forza Horizon 2
Max: Curse of Brotherhood
Lococycle

So I would say that MS is clearly making a statement here that they are not abandoning their loyal 360 user base.

p3tran

Banned
What the hell is this? What are we to be surprised by next week?

no surprises! only phil spencer :D

Yeah, "hundreds" would mean that. But I wonder if it wasnt a overstatement. I will control my hype and prepare for 100, just for safety.
no, its perfectly ok to expect 200.
thats how many forza 5 launched with last year, and on top of that forza 5 has gotten more than sixty cars.
of course they will have a dozen or something that will be new to forza nextgen series with horizon (that lambo huracan for example), so there are enough cars to safely expect 200. ;)

jem0208

In FH2's defense, it does has a dynamic weather system.

Oh I think it'll be completely justified that FH2 won't look as good. I think FH2 is going to look amazing even with dynamic weather, day/night cycle and open world and I'm massively excited for it.

I just don't for one second believe it'll have the same graphical fidelity of DC, art style could likely be better though. I really want to see some night time driving in the rain.

I'm sticking with the weather system is Xbox One only.

It'd be interesting if something like the weather system was only on the X1 because the 360 couldn't handle it.

Top Bottom