• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT3| Saturday 21st: ARG v IRN // GER v GHA // NGA v BIH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
czwadc.gif

Previous Threads
|OT1| Spa1n v The Netherland5 - Includes all schedule information and team profiles.
|OT2|

Arjen

Dat new thread smell.
Slightly nervous for today.
Best case scenario. Win againtst aussies, what should be doable, but will be tough. Spain will take another beating from Chilli. Last group match we can duke it out 1on 1 for 1st place.

snaffles

Maybe Australia can beat Netherlands, right? lol

Australia actually have a pretty good record against the Netherlands in years gone by, but this team is not up to that standard. Hopefully they put in a good show. Everything that has been said by the players and coach implies that they wont just be sitting back trying to absorb pressure, they are going to go for it.

Danielsan

I have a feeling that tonight's match is going to be a tough one. I have 2-1 for us.
Secretly though, I hope we steam roll Australia. Nothing against the Socceroos, I'd just like to see the team keep the momentum.

Elepsis

Neo Member
Russian Twitter on the team's performance today (roughly translated):
"Don't judge Akinfeev. He's just used to imitating Casillas."
"I have the feeling that I'm watching hockey at the Olympics again."
"I see: our style of play is losing the ball after passing it from one flank to the other."
"Catastrophic garbage."

From a post-match interview with Akinfeev, where he is good-honest-apologetic-guy:
"I want to apologize for this goal. I made a child's error. It's on my conscience."

What caused the mistake?
"Stress? No, that's not the issue. Maybe some sort of uncertainty. But I don't know what. I could talk for a long time, say something. But in the end it led to a goal."

Could it be that the Brazuca is a strange ball?
"The problem wasn't with the ball but with my hands."

Animator

"I see: our style of play is losing the ball after passing it from one flank to the other."
"Catastrophic garbage."

From a post-match interview with Akinfeev, where he is good-honest-apologetic-guy:
"I want to apologize for this goal. I made a child's error. It's on my conscience."

What caused the mistake?
"Stress? No, that's not the issue. Maybe some sort of uncertainty. But I don't know what. I could talk for a long time, say something. But in the end it led to a goal."

I missed the russia match, is there a gif of the goal?

"Catastrophic garbage."

What caused the mistake?

gold :D

Ashhong

I spent at least an hour on the phone today trying to get my mom set up to watch the Korea game using a free stream. There were ads upon ads upon ads on the various sites that I recommended to her and it made it a nightmare for both of us.

Can somebody please recommend good simple, free streams to watch the World Cup games? There must be some out there that don't try to give you 100 viruses

scottnak

I spent at least an hour on the phone today trying to get my mom set up to watch the Korea game using a free stream. There were ads upon ads upon ads on the various sites that I recommended to her and it made it a nightmare for both of us.

Can somebody please recommend good simple, free streams to watch the World Cup games? There must be some out there that don't try to give you 100 viruses

Univision is pretty good and straight forward, though it will be in spanish

MTE

SBS.com.au (Official AUS broadcaster) has a good stream. At least for the opening match (The only one I streamed), it was snappy and crisp. I'm not sure if they limit it to Australia... check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom