• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT4| What can European men do against such reckless heat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyeh4wk

Bqh6x3mCUAAiVu2.jpg:medium

Ouch, no wonder he blacked out for a few seconds. Straight hit to the temple.

Edit: lol beaten.

KingK

Had to leave at the half of the last two games today for work. Just got back and saw the results. Holy shit at Greece beating CIV. Did not expect that and kinda disappointed because I thought CIV was playing better.

Really happy that Colombia steamrolled Japan. Now they need to do the same thing against Uruguay. Colombia has quickly become my favorite team that's not the US. They play entertaining soccer, they have the best victory dances when they score a goal, and they have the hottest female fans. I'll be rooting for them in every match unless they have to face the US by some miracle.

I'll also be rooting for Costa Rica to beast Greece.

As a Greek fan I cannot wholeheartedly say they deserved to go through to the next round. Their first two games were an abysmal display.

Today, however, hate them or not, they came to play and deserved to win that game as much as Ivory Coast. Penalty wasn't massively offensive, but was clear as day in full motion and in that Vine going around.

I think Costa Rica is going to make short work of them, but I'll still be cheering for them until they exit. Haters gonna hate. Round of 16 baby.

Salsa

Can't believe he kept playing after that. So dumb. (Even though it was fine)

dude's the new ruso perez

last WC:

ruso-perez-deja-sangre-uruguay_tinima20120822_0414_3.jpg

diego_perez_bandage.jpg

garra charrua man, happens a lot down here. dumb for some but players want and will keep playing, if there's one thing we do is play till we wreck ourselves out there*

*except Forlan. dude won't run 5 feet to grab a ball. loves dem legs.

Massa

Jokes aside a lot of medical experts are throwing a fit about this, there's going to be even more pressure on FIFA to properly enforce concussion rules now.

Can you imagine the outcry if FIFA forces someone out like Robben or Neymar against their will?

I hope Sabella experiments a little tomorrow. Maybe start Demichelis, or bring Higuain at the half. Might as well at this point. Try to get some more harmony in the middle of the field, coupled with a more consistent attack.

Came here after much partying after the Greece win to say that I love the hate. All the English commentators talk the biggest crap against Greece and in the end England is heading home and Greece is moving on. Nothing I love more than people hating on my team and in the end we pull it off. Even if we don't move past the round of 16 I am incredibly proud of my country and what these players did. I know our brand of football isn't particularly exciting, but we out played Ivory Coast today and deserved that W. Great tournament so far. And whoever thinks that foul on Samaras at the end was not a penalty, is either joking, hating or doesn't understand the game. He took Samaras leg out when he was about to shoot, that's a scoring opportunity that was taken away by an illegal tackle, penalty any day of the week.

So gutted by Côte d'Ivoire loss but it wouldn't be the World Cup without heartbreak :( !

The ref seemed biased to Greece but the the penalty was the right call. Africa's hopes now lie in Nigeria and Algeria (Ghana will need a miracle to advance :( ).

NATAL, Brazil — Uruguay defender Diego Lugano has hit out at Italy's Giorgio Chiellini in the wake of the incident involving Luis Suarez during Tuesday's World Cup encounter.

The Liverpool star appeared to bite the defender during a tussle in the Italy area, with the Juventus man attempting to show the referee the mark on his shoulder following the incident.

Images circulated on social media showing the damage seemingly caused by Suarez after the match, but Lugano insists the Azzurri defender already had a scar from a previous incident and has branded the player "a coward."

"Are you sure you saw a bite?" Lugano asked reporters when questioned. "Because I've watched the incident again and I saw nothing. ... I've seen the picture of Chiellini. That scar isn't from today's game. You have to be very stupid to believe that scar is from now.

"Italy had been wasting time the entire match, provoking us on the pitch like they always do. I never believed an Italian player could be such a coward off the pitch. During the game, yes, it is all part of football, but I think the manly thing to do would be to just accept defeat. To denounce your opponents just out of bitterness is bad. There was no bite and there was no scar."

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/67/w...-suarez-calls-chiellini-a-coward?ICID=HP_BN_4

:/

DukeBobby

So gutted by Côte d'Ivoire loss but it wouldn't be the World Cup without heartbreak :( !

The ref seemed biased to Greece but the the penalty was the right call. Africa's hopes now lie in Nigeria and Algeria (Ghana will need a miracle to advance :( ).

Not really a miracle. I wouldn't bet against Germany beating USA by a couple of goals, and then all Ghana will need to do is beat Portugal, which is entirely possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom