• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT7| Krul luck for Costa Rica after masterstroke from van Gaal

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMaRsu

Banned
The less you quote him, the less he'll post :)

It was definitely a penalty. That doesn't change the fact that Robben is the ultimate drama queen.

You are right. He is a theatrical one. But people saying all he does is dive is rridiculus. He is still a great player that posesses great skill.

What "wow" nam?

i have throughly simulated the upcoming match on wed through scientific standards and they all point to Argentina winning :^)

dM1R4ii.jpg

Which year FIFA is that

Lach

That reminds me to back in 98 when I simulated the final in Fifa 98 (N64). To make it realistic I set the halftime to 45minutes. Brasil won like 32-5......

The king of Dives without him who know how that Mexico game would have finished.

I think its pretty obvious Holland was going to win that match if it went to extra time. Mexico did absolutely nothing after they scored their goal. People who keep saying Mexico got screwed conveniently leave out the part where the Dutch had already tied the match and were getting a corner kick just about every minute.

spekkeh

Banned
Strangely enough, the Brazilian ref is not sent home yet, though the other semi-finalist refs have, as is customary. This likely indicates that if Germany wins tomorrow, they're going to have one salty ref in the final.

Massa

Strangely enough, the Brazilian ref is not sent home yet, though the other semi-finalist refs have, as is customary. This likely indicates that if Germany wins tomorrow, they're going to have one salty ref in the final.

He'll probably work on Saturday for the GERNED match.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
How are the nerves of the Brazilians/Germans holding up so far btw?

Everyone's calm as fuck. We were way more nervous before the matches with Chile and Colombia because we just had to win those. Now that we don't have Neymar and that we're facing the incredibly traditional Germany, the pressure is off our backs.

And we're gonna win :)

They're basically out of referees who haven't made ridiculously stupid mistakes this WC.

cafemomo

LOL! PES won't be beaten!

PES has been beaten until Konami gets enough internal resources to support two platforms

Not saying PES should go exclusive, I'm saying Konami should put more effort and resources into PES so both versions aren't gimped pieces of crap. I mean, what else are they gonna waste their money on. Castlevania? Ha

Arjen

Got my multibet on Germany Netherlands final. So far I got all the multi bets for the knockouts right. It's gonna happen.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Germany should win, but I hope FIFA isn't pulling strings to give Brazil as much leeway as possible.

Can this shit please stop? The match against Chile has already proven that FIFA isn't pulling any strings to help Brazil.

spekkeh

Banned
Everyone's calm as fuck. We were way more nervous before the matches with Chile and Colombia because we just had to win those. Now that we don't have Neymar and that we're facing the incredibly traditional Germany, the pressure is off our backs.

And we're gonna win :)

Yeah I can imagine. I would've been jittery as fuck if Belgium was our opponent. With the current four that are left, there really is no shame in losing for any of them. I guess it also helps that the Netherlands side of 2010 was better in quality than the current one, so they've already done well enough.

E92 M3

Can this shit please stop? The match against Chile has already proven that FIFA isn't pulling any strings to help Brazil.

Relax, son.

Doesn't have to be massive, but could be subtle. It well know that FIFA aren't a bunch of angels. From a technical perspective, Germany should be winning the game and I hope all is fair.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Sergio Aguero is match fit, should get medical clearance tomorrow but I doubt he'll be in the starting lineup on wednesday.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Argentina should sit back and counterattack. Netherland strikers excelled on open space just ask Spain, deny them the space to run and suddenly they struggle and I don't think Netherland defenders are quick enough to cover a bunch of space.

Di Maria would've been perfect for Argentina in this match for that quick defense-offense transition for counterattacks. Such a shame.

Any news on de Jong? Could be crucial for Netherlands.

Arjen

Feyenoord defense vs Messi.
Good lord, good lord.
If I was a religious man I'd be doing a whole lot of praying.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
How about an unbiased opinion like mine who saw the foul? Mexico is home watering the flowers while the Netherlands are 1 step from the finals.

It absolutely was a foul. Fact.

Arjen Robben dived like he was competing as an Olympic diver. Fact.

Hold that.

Arjen

Argentina should sit back and counterattack. Netherland strikers excelled on open space just ask Spain, deny them the space to run and suddenly they struggle and I don't think Netherland defenders are quick enough to cover a bunch of space.

Di Maria would've been perfect for Argentina in this match for that quick defense-offense transition for counterattacks. Such a shame.

Any news on de Jong? Could be crucial for Netherlands.

De Jong is making progress, But I doubt he'll play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom