• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT8| Brazi1 - German7

Status
Not open for further replies.

KHlover

Banned
I just hope the Deutsch don't crash and burn. They always did so well at the start last few times just to fall apart in the knockout rounds :(

Either way... GO GERMANY. I've been supporting them for a fair few years just wanna see them win something.

I'm not German.

That makes me so happy this year: We already choked our two times (Ghana and Algeria) and really turned up the heat during semis. The last few years we blasted through RO16/RO8 and choked in the semis. That's a sign

*knocks on wood*

we will take it this year, for Klose ;-;

Roland1979

Along with this video of North Koreans gathering to watch the games, and commenting that they know they are not part of them.

http://youtu.be/yPyHoDcwbzE?t=37s
Look how the police officer is keeping a eye on him. Of course you could say that's a coincidence, but why are they sitting among the crowd? It's not to be jolly. If it where normal professional they where standing on the side keeping a eye on things.

Well the video itself is from three weeks ago.

It wasn't meant to display that they are up to date, just that they at least know there team isn't in the running.
You mean we know at least some are. We don't know if the people at home behinds tv's kow that. Maybe a big part is and another isn't? Who knows.
Also the ending confirms some footage at some station has been tempered with.

untitled-3nlkyg.gif

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

That is not even funny to me, soooo dang pitiful...

RoySFNR

By the way Netherlands beat Brazil who wanted to prove the previous score was a fluke and the way Germany beat Brazil that only tells you that the final will be very close . Combine that with the fact that both teams had very close group games tells you Argentina might win this too. They are not on a whole new level due to one game where if the defense was barely competent they would have one 3-1 not 7-1 looking at the 4 Brazil allowed in 10 minutes

Germany is in control of possession in pretty much every match they play. Their display against France was really scary considering France performed well up to then but failed to create a single chance while Germany could have had two goals more through Schurrle (or however you spell that dude's name).

I agree Argentina does stand a chance, but only if Messi actually turns up. He was completely absent against Netherlands and the Germans give away far less opportunities. It doesn't help that Muller is the perfect example of a big game player.

On the Pierre topic: Persie isn't only angry because of the freekick back then. PvH has been hating on Robin at every single tournament so far and feels the need to continue to state his preferance of Huntelaar despite Robin being our top goalscorer in both the qualifying stage as well as the finals. Pierre has a quite the reputation as a rather unpleasant fellow. He also had feuds with de Guzman, Huub Stevens, Leonardo and the Dutch black community among others.

krYlon

They. The level of control is beyond insane. Here you can become a reporter and see for yourself. There they will pick select people for select news. Doesn't mean news isn't manipulated or selective here.

Thanks. And i don't believe everything i see or read (i know it's a saying, otherwise that would be insulting). I just din't discard it right away. It's a parody for a reason.

And anyone trying to compare Western media with that from NK needs to get a reality check.

Yeah, I didn't mean to be patronising, I just feel like it doesn't help when we in the west are willing to believe so much of this ridiculous stuff.

z1ggy

I agree Argentina does stand a chance, but only if Messi actually turns up. He was completely absent against Netherlands and the Germans give away far less opportunities. It doesn't help that Muller is the perfect example of a big game player.

Not sure about this, i think the dutch defense is better than the germans one.

feel

untitled-3nlkyg.gif

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Holy shit I missed this live. Wow.

Roland1979

Yeah, I didn't mean to be patronising, I just feel like it doesn't help when we in the west are willing to believe so much of this ridiculous stuff.

I think most people don't have a problem with Korea, the country (NK), but with the regime. And not because it's communistic, but because it has been confirmed so many times what they do to their own people. They have concentration camps where you wish death will come. And the amount we know of is very high, far more then Hitler had for instance. And we know there are many hidden or secret ones. I think people get angry because of what is being done, on such a huge scale, for so long. And the world is watching.

Linius

untitled-3nlkyg.gif

It's what you call Gerrard-esque

RoySFNR

Not sure about this, i think the dutch defense is better than the germans one.

Mostly because of the draw. Chile and Mexico employed idiotic tactics by going for crosses against a relatively big defense while Costa Rica didn't even bother to attack most of the game. The weakness of our defense was made clear by First-Half-Spain and Australia because they actually used their midfield. Germany has a larger amount of control over the midfield which relieves some of the work for the defenseline. They also have Neuer, lol.

-MB-

Whenever I see PVH on tv now, I can't stop thinking he has had a facelift or done some cosmetic surgery around his eyes. He looks "off" to me.

That makes me so happy this year: We already choked our two times (Ghana and Algeria) and really turned up the heat during semis. The last few years we blasted through RO16/RO8 and choked in the semis. That's a sign

*knocks on wood*

I hope so, especially for him.

*knocks on wood, crosses fingers and does all other shit to ward off ill luck*

I will be rooting for Germany while showcasing a nonchalant attitude (while secretly screaming on the inside)

*knocks on wood*

The must win. Podolski told his son he won't be back without the trophy.

Linius

Okay anyone have a link to this with some English subs or something? :p

You best learn Dutch mate.

It's been like an hour since the interview. Maybe tomorrow?

I'll call it a night. Maybe some super kind Dutchie in here can translate everything from that video. Or not.

SkylineRKR

He said PVH is shitting on him since day one, always looking for opportunities to to so. The gestures were aimed at those critics.

Then Jack, the interviewer says 'Pierre denies this is the case', on which RVP says 'yeah nice story' and continues his rambling by saying PVH shouldn't be in front of an audience of millions, no one is waiting for him anymore, hes past it and he should go home and be a family man. And play Golf or something. In any case he should gtfo.

untitled-3nlkyg.gif

Lol how was that a foul again?

He said PVH is shitting on him since day one, always looking for opportunities to to so. The gestures were aimed at those critics.

Then Jack, the interviewer says 'Pierre denies this is the case', on which RVP says 'yeah nice story' and continues his rambling by saying PVH shouldn't be in front of an audience of millions, no one is waiting for him anymore, hes past it and he should go home and be a family man. And play Golf or something. In any case he should gtfo.
pvh?

artist

Banned
Really happen for Robben having a great tournament.

Hope he brings all of that hunger to Munich in a couple months!

:D
Anyone have a GIF of another mind blowing save Robben did, even the comm was shocked that Robben was able to keep the ball in play and not let it go out of bounds .. I was like, wtf, need a replay of that which we never got.

Anyone have a GIF of another mind blowing save Robben did, even the comm was shocked that Robben was able to keep the ball in play and not let it go out of bounds .. I was like, wtf, need a replay of that which we never got.

I remember what you are talking about.
If someone remembers a time, the CBC site has the entire match up and is convenient to skip through.

Thanks for the translation. He doesn't look like he's having a meltdown while saying the above lol, he seems pretty calm in the interview.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
untitled-3nlkyg.gif

The ref called a foul in that play?

Tristam

Congrats, Netherlands. Much more beautiful play than in 2010. Bronze medals well-deserved.

I do think Germany will win tomorrow unless there's a Messi masterclass, and I do love seeing Messi masterclasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom