• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT6| The beautiful game in all its thrilling glory

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrunchyB

I would hurl myself off a mountain if we lose to Germany in a final again.

As if there are mountains in the Netherlands, plz.

I live about 100 meters from the German border; I can't imagine the anarchy if this shit happens. They were pretty decent four years ago though.

I live in Enschede, we have a large community of German students here. They usually watch the game at a cafe in the center of the city, but I'm not sure if that's safe if we both make it to the finale.

All I want from this World Cup is a new Belgium vs Netherlands match. Football is great, but the rivalries make up a big part of the enjoyment.

And last time they played, it was amazing.

Friendlies are meaningless! But I'm still worried.

jpbonadio

Banned
Brazil doesn't have an amazing team this year, but I hope that what we have is enough to win the world cup again.

5 titles is too little. I want 6.

LAM09

I personally think Brazil will be adding another star to their shirt in over a week's time. They will have a tough time against Colombia, but they seem to have the edge over South American sides.

Irminsul

I live about 100 meters from the German border; I can't imagine the anarchy if this shit happens. They were pretty decent four years ago though.
My sister lives in Aachen (or Aken as you misspell it) and she told me of a Dutch invasion after Spain beat us four years ago, with everyone playing "Time to Say Goodbye" in their cars.

Wouldn't your success at the Euros two years ago be a better measure of how the German side behaves? ;)

Sadist

My sister lives in Aachen (or Aken as you misspell it) and she told me of a Dutch invasion after Spain beat us four years ago, with everyone playing "Time to Say Goodbye" in their cars.

Wouldn't your success at the Euros two years ago be a better measure of how the German side behaves? ;)
Okay that made me laugh, sorry :lol

Don't remember how the Germans reactions were two years ago. A few cars honking, but that's about it.

Fireblend

Banned
All I want from this World Cup is a new Belgium vs Netherlands match. Football is great, but the rivalries make up a big part of the enjoyment.

And last time they played, it was amazing.

I hope the defense and GK for the Netherlands are as bad this next match as they seem in this video
KuGsj.gif

Just kidding, I'm sure they aren't

confuziz

Banned
On any regular day, we should beat CRC 3-0 with no sweat, but this is the worldcup of surprises and pretty much anything can happen.

Fireblend

Banned
On any regular day, we should beat CRC 3-0 with no sweat, but this is the worldcup of surprises and pretty much anything can happen.

Yeah well, on any regular day Costa Rica wouldn't beat Uruguay, Italy or Greece, or even tie with England, so yeah, I have that same feeling.
KuGsj.gif

Raist

Banned
That's not the reason our national team fails.

Coaching at the grassroots level and from ages 8-14 is very poor, it'a basically a bunch of dads screaming over the legitimate coach so their kids to either hoof the ball into the box or get into the box. Until we silence parents at the side of the pitch and concentrate on skill and possession there will be no recovery for English players. The reason there is a lack of quality young English players in the EPL is because they don't exist. The FA has turned into a PR agency and the EPL doesn't really care about the national team because their remit is the commercial success of the EPL, which means strong club football with foreign stars to ensure four Champions League spots and European success on club level.

It's a failure by the FA, not the relegation and promotion system.

Meanwhile in France

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw2cQuFkUcA

CTLance

Figures. I'm sick as a dog as well, can barely talk at the moment. I probably telepathically infected our boys over yonder. Sorry, krautgaf. My fault. :(

Happens to a lot of Germans as soon as they travel to warm countries. Most can't handle the permanent switches between (humid) heat outside and the (dry) air conditioner cool in hotel lobbies/rooms.

mantidor

There are many people with flu around here in Rio, specially heavy cough including me :(.

I hope is not some extravagant international virus, with so many people from all over the world here, I've been like this for two weeks now :(.

Mobius 1

There are many people with flu around here in Rio, specially heavy cough including me :(.

I hope is not some extravagant international virus, with so many people from all over the world here, I've been like this for two weeks now :(.

We used to have this winter flu-like thing in Minas Gerais every year, it was generally nothing.

Or maybe this really is the beginning of the global epidemic and it will be all over soon. Whoever decided to kiss that cute monkey, thanks! You've doomed us all.

addik

Hi gaf! Is there a match today? I swear France vs Germany was going to be tomorrow but my sister is panicking since she believes it's today and our local channel is showing UFC now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom