• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT3| Saturday 21st: ARG v IRN // GER v GHA // NGA v BIH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's keep it a buck.

If the US wins tomorrow, we will have four or five consecutive pages of AMURICA FUCK YEAH gifs.

At least one of those pages will be just crying eagles.

It will be glorious.
3c532110_can-t-wait-o.gif

Germany was mighty impressive today.

Löw's back four consisting solely of CBs seems to finally hit it's stride. Really an amazing foundation for this amazing midfield three of Lahm, who never plays a wrong pass, Khedira, who's really good at going forward, and Kroos, who's always present on like every single spot on the pitch. Then you have Özil and Götze, who really shine on the wings with their impressive stamina to track back, and Müller, who's basically the new Ronaldo.

Hats off for Löw, tactical genius.

Regardless, the point was that we are in the knockout round as the poster was asking.

Also, if we play Ivory Coast, we might make quaters; you never know. Costar Rica was supposed to not even score a goal in this World Cup, so I wouldn't laugh it up yet.

Battle of the coasts should be fun.
I agree. They do have a chance if it is Ivory coast.

Löw's back four consisting solely of CBs seems to finally hit it's stride. Really an amazing foundation for this amazing midfield three of Lahm, who never plays a wrong pass, Khedira, who's really good at going forward, and Kroos, who's always present on like every single spot on the pitch. Then you have Özil and Götze, who really shine on the wings with their impressive stamina to track back, and Müller, who's basically the new Ronaldo.

I seem to recall it was Mats Hummels who gave up on the Gyan goal.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer

I feel I'm getting trolled here.

Hieberrr

Maybe it was just me, but Germany looked really slow today compared to Ghana. A lot of would-be counter attacks were stopped to play the ball back.

Mr.Mike

Is the US and Ghana being in the same group just a coincidence, or is it FIFA trying to foster a rivalry to increase interest in the US?

I am curious about it because I've heard they are corrupt as the NBA was under David Stern

If FIFA wanted to increase interest in the US they would have arranged for the US to make it as far as possible in the tournament. But yea, FIFA is absolutely corrupt.

xbhaskarx

Also expert booger eater.

ronito

I love the 'Murica hype here but let's be real guys, the performance against Ghana was lackluster. But a win is a win and they can seal the deal against Portugal so everything is possible.

You think we don't know that? We just hope we suck less than Portugal.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe it was just me, but Germany looked really slow today compared to Ghana. A lot of would-be counter attacks were stopped to play the ball back.

i think it looked like young guys with spirit against old men..

Good game. Klose should start every game. I hope Muller is ok, any news on this front?
Go Germany.

it is only a cut. nothing really bad and he does not need stitches

EDIT: okay, the german guy just said he will need a few stitches, but still nothing serious

FeD.nL

Oooooh what did he say?

I fucking despise Egbers.

Tom was doing his daily update, saying they can't see anything etc. Then they went back to the studio and Mart said that in their time (His and Theo Reitma's) they would not give attention to this, in his eyes, non-news. Then Tom Egbers went defensive mode saying times have changed etc.

Any word on USA vs Portugal on ABC tomorrow evening? Is ABC really refusing to show on English network tv potentially the only WC game USA will play on a weekend in the entire tournament? And at a super comfortable 6pm EST time slot to boot!

Oh, that's f**** great, Germany. I had a bet on 6 matches, and I had to win all 6 get the money. The last match was Germany vs Gana, and I bet on Germany...

:(

Derp1na

Banned
I'll be supporting Portugal because of the Anglo-Portuguese alliance, the oldest alliance in the world that is still in force.

That special relationship.

pSq5dGa.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom