• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT5| Que Jara, Jara. Whatever Will Be, Will Be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Say what you want about Greece, and i'm rooting for CRC, but Costa Rica completely disappeared after the goal (and even before it, they weren't a big presence).

They don't seem to be very aggressive today, and they need that thirst.
Greece football is horrible but if they win it's Costa Ricas fault. They're allowing this shit.

i always knew this but is still seems like a huge difference to allow a 30 meter difference in pitch length..
I mean seriously it should change everything in terms of how a team approaches a game.

Yes, teams can actually change the size of their field depending on their strategy.

IE, if you see a huge space between the sides of the pitch and the stands in a rectangle stadium, its because the team wants more narrow as it benefits their strategy.

Symax

My reaction
survivor1.gif

Desmond

Man these same old commercials on ITV are awful. AWFUL.

Made even worse hearing "Brrrraaazzziiillll" before and after.

Anyhow, good to see the second half was better than borefest first half!

Did you catch Adrian Chiles in shorts on Copacabana beach for the earlier game? Lol

Okay, so instead of stopping the clock and the refs just randomly deciding how much extra time there is we get this:

We are in extra time based on refs guess for how much time the players hadn't played and then some dude lays on the ground for 2 minutes of running game clock but they still call regulation at the end of the original time.

Makes no fucking sense to me. Why isn't there extra time for extra time? Why is this okay? It makes the game so fucking inconsistent. Add the fact there are no replays and a tournament that takes place every 4 years is dictated by fucktard refs.

I love this shit but damn it is so fucked and needs some rule changes.

Love,

An every 4 year American soccer fan

There is. The ref allow play to continue beyond the initial extra time to account for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom