• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT6| The beautiful game in all its thrilling glory

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm rooting for Germany tomorrow, but I hope it's a great game. This point on is really tense IMO. There are no sure winners at this point.

I just pray every game is good and well fought. I'd love to see some real battles.

My Guesses:
Germany
Columbia
Argentina
Netherlands

Caode

I'm rooting for Germany tomorrow, but I hope it's a great game. This point on is really tense IMO. There are no sure winners at this point.

I just pray every game is good and well fought. I'd love to see some real battles.

My Guesses:
Germany
Columbia
Argentina
Netherlands

I just think if the Germans turn up against the French like they did against Algeria they could be on their way out. It can go any way though as you say, this is the stage where it gets really interesting and intense. I do agree with the Colombia shout though, Brazil have been terrible from the get go - it's probably the worst Brazilian team in years, they were lucky enough to get past Chile and i don't think they'll be getting past Colombia.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
This image has made me a bit more confident for tomorrow...

Jang_yewon_with_BZ.jpg

LET'S DO THIS KAWAII GIRL

Let's show that these Europeans who tremble at the notion of playing against Brazil won't get a free pass in our home turf.

I just think if the Germans turn up against the French like they did against Algeria they could be on their way out. It can go any way though as you say, this is the stage where it gets really interesting and intense. I do agree with the Colombia shout though, Brazil have been terrible from the get go - it's probably the worst Brazilian team in years, they were lucky enough to get past Chile and i don't think they'll be getting past Colombia.

You definitely don't follow the Brazilian squad.

LiK

RIP Germany

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/germany-players-hit-illness-france-game

RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) — Seven Germany players have been struggling with illness ahead of Friday's World Cup quarterfinal against France, although coach Joachim Loew is not expecting any of them to miss the match.

Loew says, "One-third of our squad has been complaining about a sore throat. ... But yesterday and today all players have been training and none were feeling exhaustion. I just hope that stays stable until tomorrow."

Germany played its group matches in the warmer, northeastern climates of Salvador, Fortaleza and Recife then beat Algeria in the second round in a cool and damp game in the southern city of Porto Alegre.

Center back Mats Hummels missed the Algeria game due to illness but Loew indicated he'll be back against France. Midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger is also expected back from severe cramps.

Caode

LET'S DO THIS KAWAII GIRL

Let's show that these Europeans who tremble at the notion of playing against Brazil won't get a free pass in our home turf.

You definitely don't follow the Brazilian squad.

I've been following them well enough; they've been pretty unimpressive the entire tournament. It's the most ordinary Brazilian team I've ever seen. Although granted their 2006 squad wasn't up to much either.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I've been following them well enough; they've been pretty unimpressive the entire tournament. It's the most ordinary Brazilian team I've ever seen.

Watching World Cup matches =/= following a team.

This team is infinitely better than Mano's Brazil from between late 2010 and 2012.

We'll show you guys.

I just think if the Germans turn up against the French like they did against Algeria they could be on their way out.

Absolutely. I am hoping that was a bit of a fluke. They didn't even play Klose or Podolski and apparently they are both good to go now. I hope that the last game made them a bit more humble and aware that they need to go in guns blazing this game.

I think if Germany plays at potential, they will win. If they play like when they played Algeria and Ozil keeps sleeping like he did, the French will have a win.

Caode

Watching World Cup matches =/= following a team.

This team is infinitely better than Mano's Brazil from between late 2010 and 2012.

We'll show you guys.

I didn't specifically say 'just from World Cup matches', I will give you that, they are better than what the team was in them years, and I think they're ahead of the squad that showed up in Germany in 2006. I just think with the current squad, the talent is there, they just aren't showing it on the pitch for me at the minute, or in the run up to the world cup. I want to see them go through though.. but I honestly can't see them going through tomorrow, just on how they've performed since the start of the tournament.

That said they could go out tomorrow and blow Colombia away.. that's the great thing about football, for the fans it's a game of endless opinions and debate but when it comes down to it anything can happen.

Caode

Absolutely. I am hoping that was a bit of a fluke. They didn't even play Klose or Podolski and apparently they are both good to go now. I hope that the last game made them a bit more humble and aware that they need to go in guns blazing this game.

I think if Germany plays at potential, they will win. If they play like when they played Algeria and Ozil keeps sleeping like he did, the French will have a win.

Just on a squad by squad basis, and not taking in to account any of the performances in the tournament so far.. Germany would be the team to beat for me; but I've been kinda shocked with how they've performed at this World Cup, you can't take the Portugal game in to account since Portugal were extremely poor in that match, plus being down to ten men early on didn't help either, but yeah really surprised with their performances so far. As you say, if they hit their potential, and play like everyone knows they can... they could easily dispatch the French but it just hasn't been that kind of tournament for them so far, I can see them struggling if they keep up their current run of form.

Betty

Banned
Brazil V Colombia should be a great match. Brazil have been really entertaining, and whether they win or lose, there will be tension and passion throughout.

Caode

Brazil V Colombia should be a great match. Brazil have been really entertaining, and whether they win or lose, there will be tension and passion throughout.

You certainly can't fault the Brazilian people, they've created an incredible atmosphere at just about every game they've been involved in - Brazil going out would really dampen that. Should be a great match though.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Nothing he said was wrong though. They had been playing very differently in the build up to the Cup and there wasn't enough of an attacking threat on the field throughout the entire tournament. As soon as Wondo came on in that last game they started playing better and they played better still when Green came on. This is a team that does well on the attack, but that wasn't how they played most of the time. The starting line-up was too stacked towards defense.

I saw him on ESPN making those comments and he didn't really come off as bitter, more disappointed as the team could have made it further than they did. This was a team that could have done better than they did, how much of that was down to Altidore's injury and lack of a replacement is up for debate.

I'd argue the article makes it sound more bitter than they were, shit the writer gives his opinion as such. The comments were pointed, but they were 100% correct.

I agree with him, USA could not have advanced any further with their style of play.
It might have worked against Ghana who left some holes open but it did not work against Belgium. Both Ghana and Belgium bombarded Howard. Belgium out shot USA 4-to-1.

Donovan is right about offense though, or lack offense this 2014.

Greels tried their Greek style but Costa Rica took care of them with man down

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I agree with him, USA could not have advanced any further with their style of play.
It might have worked against Ghana who left some holes open but it did not work against Belgium. Both Ghana and Belgium bombarded Howard. Belgium out shot USA 4-to-1.

Donovan is right about offense though, or lack offense this 2014.

Greels tried their Greek style but Costa Rica took care of them with man down

Well, it almost worked against Belgium. WONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mac_Lane

Loooool. Still so bitter. I love it. Let me taste your salty tears.

A French TV channel broadcasted the '82 match yesterday. I'm pumped to see our team kick your sorry asses tonight.

Plus I just read Kroos and Kahn's comments about you being supposedly better and us not being a great team. Bunch of cunts, I'll be laughing tonight.

Blablurn

A French TV channel broadcasted the '82 match yesterday. I'm pumped to see our team kick your sorry asses tonight.

Plus I just read Kroos and Kahn's comments about you being supposedly better and us not being a great team. Bunch of cunts, I'll be laughing tonight.

Sorry. But how can you doubt Kahn??

HOW?

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
This France - Germany will be another classic, I can feel it.

France - Brazil in semis would be another perfect classic. Previous WC games between these two were so good :)

Alx

This France - Germany will be another classic, I can feel it.

France - Brazil in semis would be another perfect classic. Previous WC games between these two were so good :)

Zidane was playing then, though... But yeah anyway the psychological pressure would be huge on both team, with the context.

CassSept

Every time I check the news there is a new Brazilian player crying. They are soft. They were lucky until now.

http://bilder.bild.de/fotos/aaa-brasilien-heult-im-training2_39604781-1404415605-36670236/Bild/2.bild.jpg[IMG]

We got them.[/QUOTE]

Well if they get eliminated in QF by Colombia, that's when the real tears will start flowing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom