• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT8| Brazi1 - German7

Status
Not open for further replies.

KHlover

Banned
Are we going to see robben next world cup?

Dr. Müller-Wohlfahrt is the best doctor he could dream of and Bayern in general takes excellent care of its players (seriously, guy has been injured significantly less since joining Bayern), so if he doesn't get unlucky...possibly.

Xena

I don't really have that rivalry feeling against Argentina even though I was born and raised in Brasil. However, even though Germany is to me right now the better team, I'll be cheering for Argentina because of Messi. I always loved that player and I think it's time he gets the World cup. Even if my gut feeling says Germany wins tomorrow.

As for USA, they did what they could and got out of the tournament with dignity and fighting until the end. Can't say the same about Brasil.
Sad, but in the end, it's just sports!

Linius

Yeah, with a vertical orientation. Very unique.

Yeah, now you say so I don't know of any other team with the sponsor like that from the top of my head.

I'm biased to it anyways, my mum works there. Gifting me free ticks to Ajax games every now and then. Even though they're not the shirt sponsor anymore, they're still sponsor :D

KHlover

Banned
Stop

Müller time!

any excuse is good for bringing this up

He did the same dance after the match against Brazil. Can't find the GIF tho >.<

EDIT: There it is XD
tumblr_inline_n8fiypAtp11rvi6ay.gif

jts

...hate me...
I remember that free kick, was against RKC. Was in the stadium that day and man, I can still see the anger of Pierre in front of me. Goddamn that guy was pissed. I'll never forget that.
What's the background to this?

PVH is one of the best free kick takers I've ever seen, if not the best.

Linius

What's the background to this?

PVH is one of the best free kick takers I've ever seen, if not the best.

PVH was the man who decided who takes FKs on the pitch, usually he did it himself. RvP claimed a FK at a moment Feyenoord was 0-1 down. RvP was still a nobody at the time while PVH was the big man. So yeah, PVH was pretty angry.

dakun

jts

...hate me...
PVH was the man who decided who takes FKs on the pitch, usually he did it himself. RvP claimed a FK at a moment Feyenoord was 0-1 down. RvP was still a nobody at the time while PVH was the big man. So yeah, PVH was pretty angry.

Oh okay thx. It was probably not the best idea by RvP. Van Hooijdonk was simply a beast taking free kicks. Somewhat underrated player.

Van Persie is an excellent player but incapable of being professional. His hand gestures against the critics when he scored the penalty, and then the Pierre bashing after the match for a grudge that happened over 10 years ago.

Van Persie has arrogance written all over his face. There is a reason why he was not allowed to do interviews in the 2010 World Cup.

I do not doubt that he was one of the players that completely destroyed the atmosphere in the playersgroup of EC2012.

A team can only play as well as the quality of the squad allows. Both the Netherlands and Argentina understood this and a top three ranking for both of the countries is amazing in itself. Germany is just on a whole other level.

By the way Netherlands beat Brazil who wanted to prove the previous score was a fluke and the way Germany beat Brazil that only tells you that the final will be very close . Combine that with the fact that both teams had very close group games tells you Argentina might win this too. They are not on a whole new level due to one game where if the defense was barely competent they would have one 3-1 not 7-1 looking at the 4 Brazil allowed in 10 minutes

Roland1979

This was posted pages and pages back. It's probably fake.

You doubt NK is trying to pull shit like this all the time? Or are you saying they tempered with the footage to make it look the are winning? Because NK does shit like that. Didn't you know they won last WC too, even though they went off air when they where loosing? I think a country that spits on their entire own population is a regime that should be excluded from all WC's.

SkylineRKR

Van Persie is an excellent player but incapable of being professional. His hand gestures against the critics when he scored the penalty, and then the Pierre bashing after the match for a grudge that happened over 10 years ago.

Van Persie has arrogance written all over his face. There is a reason why he was not allowed to do interviews in the 2010 World Cup.

I do not doubt that he was one of the players that completely destroyed the atmosphere in the playersgroup of EC2012.

I am very certain he was. He and Afellay only sticked to eachother and were rarely seen with the others. The same situation happened in Italy with Cassano and Balotelli.

Overdoziz

Banned
untitled-3nlkyg.gif

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

krYlon

You doubt NK is trying to pull shit like this all the time? Or are you saying they tempered with the footage to make it look the are winning? Because NK does shit like that. Didn't you know they won last WC too, even though they went off air when they where loosing? I think a country that spits on their entire own population is a regime that should be excluded from all WC's.

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/socc...phs-over-japan--u-s--and-china-203939872.html

It's fake. Don't believe everything you see or read.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Along with this video of North Koreans gathering to watch the games, and commenting that they know they are not part of them.

Roland1979

It's amazing how much fake shit we in the west are willing to believe about North Korea.

Who really is being fooled by the media here? Them or us?
They. The level of control is beyond insane. Here you can become a reporter and see for yourself. There they will pick select people for select news. Doesn't mean news isn't manipulated or selective here.

Thanks. And i don't believe everything i see or read (i know it's a saying, otherwise that would be insulting). I just din't discard it right away. It's a parody for a reason.

And anyone trying to compare Western media with that from NK needs to get a reality check.

I just hope the Deutsch don't crash and burn. They always did so well at the start last few times just to fall apart in the knockout rounds :(

Either way... GO GERMANY. I've been supporting them for a fair few years just wanna see them win something.

I'm not German.

Scotch

Yeah, I was cringing pretty hard when he started bashing PVH. He's the captain for crying out loud, he should act more professional than that. You don't say shit like that on national TV.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I can tell they're not up to date. The guy said Spain is a strong team. That's so five weeks ago.

Well the video itself is from three weeks ago.

It wasn't meant to display that they are up to date, just that they at least know there team isn't in the running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom