• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT8| Brazi1 - German7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

Oh calm down you wanker.

it9AKZL46mjnZ.gif

Jimrpg

That phrase was said in the early 90' when the Africans were doing good(twice in quarter finals if i recall) . They had some pretty physical advantages over the other teams so the idea was that if they'd get even some technical and strategic qualities they'd be very strong in the future. Thing is with the new training technologies, diets etc and considering that most player of the top nations play in the Champions League too i think the African teams lost even the physical advantage.
The only thing in their favor is that now there is a lot of data about every team, so you can work on counter strategies at least. That is why small teams give a lot of problems to big teams, especially in this world cup.

If you look at the Germans, they built they systems from the ground up, where the youth leagues, national leagues and national team all reflect similar philosophies in the way they train and play. Their national league is extremely successful and they put the profits they earn back into the system to develop their players.

African, Asian teams just have not done that at all. They have great talent, but they play all over Europe so when they come together, they don't work effectively as a team.

And hate to say it, but the German systems of work are far superior to pretty much every other country on the planet right now. German efficiency. Being second and third world countries absolutely effects administration of the game and therefore performance on the pitch. At the top level it's about the one percenters.

Neo C.

I never understood why the got rid off Dunga, he's far more capable than Scolari

Brazilians being stupid and living in the past. Dunga's team was a beast in 2010, at least until the meltdown against Netherlands. The nostalgia helped Scolari to get the job.

Madouu

haha thanks for posting that, I've spent the last hour looking up older episodes of Après Match and generally laughing my ass off, you've made my night.

Brazilians being stupid and living in the past. Dunga's team was a beast in 2010, at least until the meltdown against Netherlands. The nostalgia helped Scolari to get the job.

Wat?

Dunga's team was still pretty defensive. Basically ever since 1990, the majority of Brazilian teams have been fairly defensive and cautious compared to the 70s and 80s BRA teams.

Granted, we are leaving in a different era now. Maybe the beautiful game just isn't possible in the modern game. However I also think more and more Brazilian players are playing in Europe at younger ages, so that same creativity isn't being instilled in them.

Outside of Neymar, this entire WC run Brazil barely had any creativity in the final third, it was looked disjointed and awkward.

Roi

untitled-3nlkyg.gif

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

They didn't show a replay of this, that's when I was sure it wasn't a foul!

CassSept

I'm so completely unsure who to root for today. Eh. Germany deserves it but I'm not the greatest fan of the team around and the sheer hilarity of Argentina winning, both the meltdowns and Argentina winning in Brazil somewhat outweigh it being the most undeserving champion since I started watching WCs.

Neo C.

Wat?

Dunga's team was still pretty defensive. Basically ever since 1990, the majority of Brazilian teams have been fairly defensive and cautious compared to the 70s and 80s BRA teams.

Granted, we are leaving in a different era now. Maybe the beautiful game just isn't possible in the modern game. However I also think more and more Brazilian players are playing in Europe at younger ages, so that same creativity isn't being instilled in them.

Outside of Neymar, this entire WC run Brazil barely had any creativity in the final third, it was looked disjointed and awkward.

And that's fine in my book, I like strong counter teams.

I really really hope it isn't a "Argentina park the bus and Germany manage to score 1 goal through a set piece" kind of game.

For once, please let us get a free flowing entertaining final. PLEASE, football Gods! please.

Eh Argentina's form has been pretty average in the WC, hell they looked better in the last WC and Germany beat them 4-1 then...

4:0

The lack of a strong midfield will help Germany to do their typical full domination game. The best way to beat Germany is to play an excellent counter attack football like Italy did it in the last EC or having the strongest midfield ever like Spain in the past. Argentina lacks both.

nOoblet16

So?

Tell me you don't want to see North Korea get its ass kicked.

I want to see more random perhaps half-decent countries in there . . . Canada, Norway, Sweden, Finland, China, India, etc.

How can China not have a half-decent team? They have a billion people? India too!
I used to play football in India and I am not lying when I say that I had game good enough for a first division team in a reputable league. I might have even made it if I kept practiaing and was at the top of my game considering I now live in UK. But I didn't it was because I spent 8-9 years living, eating and breathing football but I could barely ever get an opportunity to play outside of training because of all the bureaucracy especially at the lower level. Old as hell players will get preference no matter how shit they are, young guys in their teens (like me back then) would never be taken seriously both in amd out of field and if they had a beef with me outside the field then I wouldn't get a chance to even be on team as extras. I also realised that a few of them were jealous of my abilities and that didn't help either. Granted this improves slightly when you go higher up in competitive games but at the end of the day these idiots are still the one who end up deciding your football career. I played for the under 19 national team twice as a sub and that was it.

Basically there is talent in a country like India but the system is so fucked up that player don't even get a chance to rise up above the many layers of shit, and even when they do there's no guarantee. Man I wish I was still at the top of my game when I started university here in UK 3 years ago...I am 23 now and completely out of game heh.

soepje

I feel like enjoying my evening so i decided to cheer for Germany tonight. I might even serve bratwursts and Becks to really get the German mood going.

fuenf

Gratz to the Netherlands and Robben on getting third place. You deserved it and should be playing against us, instead of the Argentiniens.

And now:

Germany! Let's do it, let's get the fourth star.

wiJxSGL.jpg

Germany is the greatest place on earth. It's only logical that we should be the greatest football nation too. Can't wait until tonight, baby. Given Messi's current form Germany is better than Argentina on any position. Only uncertainty is whether Messi will be able to regain his 'Finals-Mojo', but even then I would feel confident in our team. They lived through hell in the past, especially the Bayern players and in the end always persevered. It only made them and us stronger. And now the time has come, all the hard work will finally pay off. What a feeling. It's good to be part of a nation that's blessed with these great individuals and world class football players.

pcS4EYw.png

"The place here on my left is free
I want a star to come to Germany"

<3 Neuer, The best there ever was, ever will be. Revolutionized the position.
<3 Lahm, Oh captain my captain
<3 Boateng, The good Boateng
<3 Hummels, BVB and Germany Legend
<3 Höwedes, Schalke say what?
<3 Khedira, Leader & Motor of the team
<3 Schweini, Leader extraordinaire, crown yourself today!
nJEmJA1.jpg

<3 Kroos, Get the golden ball, get payed!
<3 Müller, Müller!
<3 Özi, will haunt them like a ghost!!!!!
<3 Klose, official legend, aint that right Ronaldo?

<3 Mertesacker, the dependable mountain
<3 Götze, got us in motion
<3 Podolski, always gives his all
<3 Schürrle, thanks Mou for forming this great player!
<3 Draxler, will be there if needed
<3 Kramer, what a journey.
<3 Mustafi, did his job.

<3 Weidenfeller, Durm, Großkreutz, BVB legends, Döner Liebhaber and good guys
<3 Zieler / Ginter great team players

<3 Deutschland
<3 Jögi Löw (who would've thought), you are the best Jogi!

KaBIrdJ.jpg

No matter how the final ends, I'm extremely proud of our country, our players and coaches and everyone that's involved with this team.

I, for one, am grateful to have witnessed this team play football at this amazingly high level for the last 8 years! BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD! NO MATTER WHAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom