• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT8| Brazi1 - German7

Status
Not open for further replies.

KHlover

Banned
While the group stage is completely different from the knockouts, Ghana was still able to tie Germany. They're not unbeatable.
Just close.

Thanks. Tomorrow will be the most boring game this world cup. :)

Yeah but only for neutrals. All of us fans will be close to a heart attack for the entire game XD

I just saw some replays of the German 7-1 goals and situations.

There's no way they won't win.
They've got such a good first touch. No wasting precious touches "gaining control", no. Lots and lots of first touch passes everywhere, thus their defence is always ready to act, since they see exactly when the GER offence fails.

Hard to not get a good first touch when no one's even marking you.

Not a good gauge of performance.

MBR

Banned
Brazilian players are such professionals, leaving the pitch immediately after the game.
Who can blame them? Their heads were hanging several minutes before the signal, it's only natural that they feel ashamed not to have even won the relatively worthless bronze at home.

z1ggy

Hope Germany wins so I can post: Argentina, Decime Qué Se Siente....

We saw Brazil getting raped twice on their soil and in their WC. We made it to the final, and even if we lose we are happy.

Thats what we feel and what we'll feel.

Hapiness.

$200

Banned
06e.jpg

I just saw some replays of the German 7-1 goals and situations.

There's no way they won't win.
They've got such a good first touch. No wasting precious touches "gaining control", no. Lots and lots of first touch passes everywhere, thus their defence is always ready to act, since they see exactly when the GER offence fails.

They haven't played that well in all their games though. I wouldn't call it a certainty just yet, although it is the most likely outcome.

Blablurn

I WANT THE NEW THREAD

I wanna celebrate

ITS DEUTSCHLAND TIME

We go this

MÜLLER

Es kann nur einen geben

AUF WIEDERSEHEN HOLLAND

Lets go Germany!!

HAHAHAHAHA BRAZIL

The stars don't lie

THE TITLE IS OURS

Sadist

Meanwhile in Mexico
BsRXRA2IQAAod-X.jpg

Yes that's a Robben piñata.
See you in four years Mexico!

Anyway, I'm proud of the guys. I never expected them to survive the group phase, but after the fantastic match against Spain they truly were great. The defense was considered our weakest line and Ron Vlaar, Stefan de Vrij, Martins Indi, Blind and other played one hell of a tournament. Kuyt was like the battery that wouldn't die. Our midfield is the weakest link, but de Jong en Sneijder played well enough. Glad to see Clasie playing well. Robben was freaking amazing this tournament. Kudos to everyone this tournament. Even you van Gaal.

Thanks guys. The Eredisivie sends it's regards!

LNBL

See you in four years Mexico!

Anyway, I'm proud of the guys. I never expected them to survive the group phase, but after the fantastic match against Spain they truly were great. The defense was considered our weakest line and Ron Vlaar, Stefan de Vrij, Martins Indi, Blind and other played one hell of a tournament. Kuyt was like the battery that wouldn't die. Our midfield is the weakest link, but de Jong en Sneijder played well enough. Glad to see Clasie playing well. Robben was freaking amazing this tournament. Kudos to everyone this tournament. Even you van Gaal.

Thanks guys. The Eredisivie sends it's regards!

Don't change your Avatar, ever. I wan't to keep this happy feeling i get when thinking back to the 5-1

Roland1979

Imagine Germany loosing after the world's expectations. I mean they will likely win, no doubt. But if Argentina is going to play very defensive and on the counter all that room they had in the Brazil game will be gone. It's going to be a much harder game then. Plus, you know, Messi can go Messi.
Hope the ref will not be a factor.

KHlover

Banned
Because a Germany fan will root for Germany? :p There's no underdog tomorrow, it's pretty even.

People taking too much away from Brazil game. Before semis I think most people had this game as 60/40 Germany or 50/50. Now all neutrals undersell Argentina.

That being said: GO GERMANY, WE CAN'T BE OVERSOLD SINCE WE. ARE. THE. BEEEEAST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom