• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Donos

Do i have a chance of T1 lvl 70 legendary drops when i change the dificulty from master to T1 right before a boss/rift guardian? (PS3)
Just took 2 seconds to kill a Rift Guardin because i got this godly lightning buff from a Pylon right before he spawned.

Edit: Holy shit, just had 6 treasure goblins standing around in one place in a rift run lool. Only managed to kill 4. Had read about this but never actually encountered this.

Raptor

Alright so this game has left my disc tray probably for good :(

GTA5 and TLOU are will have my attention for the next months.

If I still haven't trade it in when you guys play throw me a invite, I willbe there and I will go and play with you guys!

patchday

Crusader is Pony Build uber alles. It's basically the only viable long range build it has. Shotgun requires melee range and all melee builds get eaten alive once GRs are high enough.

Stack Physical skill damage increases and prioritize cooldown reduction even at the expense of defense. Heart Slaughter or Furnace. Strongarm Bracers. Leoric's Crown with a diamond in it. 5 piece Akkan for the rest. Zeis, Trapped, and Powerful are good gems.

can someone translate what this guy is saying? I don't know what "GR" means. nor what "Pony build uber alles" means

I think I follow him on the second paragraph though, kinda

Raptor

can someone translate what this guy is saying? I don't know what "GR" means. nor what "Pony build uber alles" means

I think I follow him on the second paragraph though, kinda

In so many words, pony Build is Stampede Build, meaning you will use stampede as your main damage dealer so you will be in range and not at melee distance, GR means Greater Rifts so above GR30 you will die fast at melee range thats why an Stampede Build "pony Build uber alles" is recomended, also it does incredible high damage so is easy to use that for that aswell.

See Sil, Im translating your shit man!

LMAO!

HF2014

Thats a SHotgun Build, a Shield bash build is viable if you can get in the 80+ million crits every second, maybe to reach GR30

I think thats a good enough number, but still needs a furnace.

Not the shotgun build exactly im doing. I dont generate enough mana to have a real shotgun.

Main skill: Shield Bash - Shattered Shield
2nd attack : Heaven Fury - Ascendancy
3rd attack : Condemn Eternal Retaliation
Attack booster : Shield Glare -Divine Verdict (20% damage boost)
Buff : Akarat Champion - Prophet
Escape : Steed Charge - Endurance

Passives :Heavently Strenght, Holy Cause, Towering Shield, Finery

My CDR is at 55.66% 50.50% crit chance and 376% crit hit damage. Just got atm 17% holy damage increase.

Constantly using shield glare with crd i can cast it every like 3 seconds so constant 20% damage boost, i rarely miss mana because of piro marella shield which give me 41% cost reduction on shield bash. 5 piece of akarat set, leoric crown, rorg, unity ( which i replace the crit chance for crd) Akarat is also always on with my cdr.

I have tried the real shotgun build, but end up not having enough mana, i like my build better.

I just didnt go threw lvl 33gr, if i could just get a good density , i think i could beat it. Hoping to get my build better is to find a good eye of elitch

Donos

Shhhiiiieeet. Because i got a bit bored searching good gear with my lvl 70 DH is just started a Witch Doctor for the Hardcore Trophy. Totally forgot that everything is divided from softcore.

No more putting high tier gems into the gear and roll through the maps -_- and help with second controller to lvl up faster. I also have to do Campaign again booohh. Oh boy. This plat is going to take me more than i thought (hoped).

I'm also so used to the vault from my DH like it's a natural dodge mechanic, that i feel crippled.

Raptor

Shhhiiiieeet. Because i got a bit bored searching good gear with my lvl 70 DH is just started a Witch Doctor for the Hardcore Trophy. Totally forgot that everything is divided from softcore.

No more putting high tier gems into the gear and roll through the maps -_- and help with second controller to lvl up faster. I also have to do Campaign again booohh. Oh boy. This plat is going to take me more than i thought (hoped).

I'm also so used to the vault from my DH like it's a natural dodge mechanic, that i feel crippled.
WD has this spirit walk ability that helps teh same way vault helps a DH.

:)

Donos

Laying siege to gf atm for buying a PS4, then i'm going to upgrade D3 UE and finally play a bit online with some gaffers. Won't touch online alone with PS3.

Hugstable

Banned
Hey I have a quick question. Me and my brother played through Diablo 3 this weekend on my PS4, and we got to act 4 and want to continue the game, but I also bought him a PS4 for Christmas that he will be opening in 2 days. He already found out and is getting a copy of his own of Diablo during the current PSN sale now, and was just wondering if there was a way that he would be able to play with that character onto his main PSN account that we had played on my PS4. It was set to just a random Useraccount1 on my PS4, and just want to know if we can make it so he is able to play with that character on his own PSN account and PS4 so we can continue playing with our same characters online.

Hey I have a quick question. Me and my brother played through Diablo 3 this weekend on my PS4, and we got to act 4 and want to continue the game, but I also bought him a PS4 for Christmas that he will be opening in 2 days. He already found out and is getting a copy of his own of Diablo during the current PSN sale now, and was just wondering if there was a way that he would be able to play with that character onto his main PSN account that we had played on my PS4. It was set to just a random Useraccount1 on my PS4, and just want to know if we can make it so he is able to play with that character on his own PSN account and PS4 so we can continue playing with our same characters online.
No, he would have to be logged into the same psn account he was playing and download the save from the cloud. He can just create a new character and join you in co-op mode though. He will catch up quickly and the game will raise his level in apprentice mode. Just put an exp gem on a helm for him.

If he already has a psn account, why didn't he log in with it?

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Newbie looking for more folks to play with. Level 27 Monk and level 14 Witch Doctor.
PS4. Id: MBurdock
In mentioning that you have sub-70 characters, I at least would appreciate knowing in advance what your future goals are with the game, or at least if you want to be powered to 70 immediately or not rush the experience.

I'll gladly help anyone power a new character to 70 and deck them out once there, but I don't like it if they magically disappear afterwards.

h3ro

In mentioning that you have sub-70 characters, I at least would appreciate knowing in advance what your future goals are with the game, or at least if you want to be powered to 70 immediately or not rush the experience.

I'll gladly help anyone power a new character to 70 and deck them out once there, but I don't like it if they magically disappear afterwards.

dude I already killed diablo.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I don't know why, but despite having 4 70s and paragon 347, I still can't stop playing (this is on top of the 400+ hours I put into the PC version before switching to PS4).

Really excited for the new patch. My Monk is in T3 right now, and I'm hoping I can get some kickass gear for him soon so I can move up.

I live in japan, so my time zone doesn't fit most players, but if anyone needs help getting through content, let me know. I'll be happy to help. :)

Alright. After about a month of playing I finally have the platinum trophy on PS4 and now I will never do another bounty again. Ugh, I hate bounties so much but I felt the need to get the platinum after getting all the other ones. I'm running low on things to do now. I can play at Torment 6 with little problem and my armor is pretty much perfect except I could get better rolls probably.

I might just take a break until the new patch.

MikeyB

I played the earlier Diablo games for years. I see that happening here, with occasional dips into the backlog.

For the next ten to fourteen days, I'll be working my first character (the monk) through the campaign. I thought working through it with others would be more fun. Following that, I'll probably want to power-level the witch doctor. Then, I'll run rifts with the two of them until I get bored of them (a couple of months with the time I have available) and start other classes.

Is that more helpful?

Krayzie

I'm probably gonna take a break from D3 as well. Till the patch drops at least.

Torment 6 is too easy which results in me getting bored fast whereas high GR's seem to be getting worst in terms of density and level design which in turn causes me much frustration.

Having a special christmas community event would have been nice but no word yet regarding that makes me think its not going to happen. Just hope the patch drops mid jan and not in feb which im becoming more inclined to believe.

Raptor

I'm probably gonna take a break from D3 as well. Till the patch drops at least.

Torment 6 is too easy which results in me getting bored fast whereas high GR's seem to be getting worst in terms of density and level design which in turn causes me much frustration.

Having a special christmas community event would have been nice but no word yet regarding that makes me think its not going to happen. Just hope the patch drops mid jan and not in feb which im becoming more inclined to believe.

Im with you, bro!

Krayzie

Raptor, try playing TLOU on grounded.
I def had the best experience on that mode. Made my 4th journey that much more realistic and enjoyable.

Dammit now i feel like playing it.

P.S: Merry Christmas fellow diablo brethrens!! (its the 25th where i'm at)

Raptor isn't leaving D3:) And I'll be back as well after the vacation, can't wait to really try out my crusader, after getting help from Krayzie.

Hope your time in my side of the world has been good so far man :)
Anyway i've got more stuff to pass on to ya. Just got another pretty good SoJ to drop last night.

Raptor

Raptor, try playing TLOU on grounded.
I def had the best experience on that mode. Made my 4th journey that much more realistic and enjoyable.

Dammit now i feel like playing it.

P.S: Merry Christmas fellow diablo brethrens!! (its the 25th where i'm at)
Im playing on normal because Im collectible hunting, after this is grounded mode baby!!

Merry Christmas bro!

Lets play some MP when you feel like it man, I want to try that mode.

Smidget

Is there any where online to see your PS4 character? Want to ask for help while I'm at work being bored lol :) I've been on T2 with Crusader Paragon level 50ish and finally have an all legendary set, but probably not working in conjunction very well since when I get to T3, I get destroyed.

Krayzie

Is there any where online to see your PS4 character? Want to ask for help while I'm at work being bored lol :) I've been on T2 with Crusader Paragon level 50ish and finally have an all legendary set, but probably not working in conjunction very well since when I get to T3, I get destroyed.

Unfortunately no for the console version. Only way I know is to post pics of your gear.
As for the skills you'r currently using, you can share it via the link below.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/crusader

@ Raptor: The MP for TLOU is fan-fuckintastic man, the best i've played so far. Though I always play solo so I can use my 7.1 surround headphones. Sound is paramount in this game and I dont like the way in which party MP plays out.

Raptor

Unfortunately no for the console version. Only way I know is to post pics of your gear.
As for the skills you'r currently using, you can share it via the link below.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/crusader

@ Raptor: The MP for TLOU is fan-fuckintastic man, the best i've played so far. Though I always play solo so I can use my 7.1 surround headphones. Sound is paramount in this game and I dont like the way in which party MP plays out.

God damn sounds great!

100% EXP Bonus for limited time!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/17222791/

Krayzie

The whole concept behind the ancient items has really gotten me excited.
Only thing that i've really been looking for was a better leorics crown at this point.

With the introduction of ancient items, I can basically improve all of my gear (with the exception of the hellfire amulet due to the absurd odds of getting a good roll on it).

Greater gear to obtain equates to greater D3 longevity. So I can easily see myself putting in another 100 hours at least.

h3ro

The whole concept behind the ancient items has really gotten me excited.
Only thing that i've really been looking for was a better leorics crown at this point.

With the introduction of ancient items, I can basically improve all of my gear (with the exception of the hellfire amulet due to the absurd odds of getting a good roll on it).

Greater gear to obtain equates to greater D3 longevity. So I can easily see myself putting in another 100 hours at least.
I'm not too sure I get what the Ancient items are yet, haven't kept up with the dev commentaries.

Anyone have a quick run down of how they work and what are environments they drop in?

Krayzie

I'm not too sure I get what the Ancient items are yet, haven't kept up with the dev commentaries.

Anyone have a quick run down of how they work and what are environments they drop in?

Copied from the PTR patch notes:

Ancient items are more powerful versions of Legendary items
Ancient items roll from increased value ranges for certain affixes
Ancient items can now drop at Torment I or higher
The drop chance will increase with each Torment level
Any Legendary or Set item has a chance to be dropped or crafted as an Ancient item
Legendary or Set items purchased from Kadala have a chance to be an Ancient item

From what i've gathered, ancient items are basically a buffed up version of a leg item.
Buffed up in the sense that certain affixes in a particular item will be a lot more than your standard leg.

Don't get too excited about ancients, PC PTR had a +2000% legendary drop rate netting like 30-40 legendaries a rift run vs like 2-3 without and most of the time none were ancients legendaries. It's such a lazy way to add to the grind.

PaulLFC

Just got this on PS4 a few days ago and really enjoying it so far. Just got to Act 2, which I imagine is just scratching the surface of what this game has in terms of things to do, judging by what I've read.

I'd originally started on Normal difficulty because I hadn't played it before, but I was finding that too easy so changed the difficulty to Hard. Apparently I can only change one difficulty level up/down so I'm stuck on Hard now.

My question is, should I be thinking of restarting and choosing a higher starting difficulty? Or are there reasons to carry on this playthrough despite hard being the difficulty limit?

I'm leaning towards carrying on just because I don't really want to replay an act I've only just finished.

Just got this on PS4 a few days ago and really enjoying it so far. Just got to Act 2, which I imagine is just scratching the surface of what this game has in terms of things to do, judging by what I've read.

I'd originally started on Normal difficulty because I hadn't played it before, but I was finding that too easy so changed the difficulty to Hard. Apparently I can only change one difficulty level up/down so I'm stuck on Hard now.

My question is, should I be thinking of restarting and choosing a higher starting difficulty? Or are there reasons to carry on this playthrough despite hard being the difficulty limit?

I'm leaning towards carrying on just because I don't really want to replay an act I've only just finished.
I think you can start a new game with the act you have completed so far at a different difficulty. Try it at the main menu.

PaulLFC

I think you can start a new game with the act you have completed so far at a different difficulty. Try it at the main menu.
Thanks! Took me a while to figure out but it is possible it seems. I had to choose my current character and even though the only option appears to be "continue", going to game settings and choosing the act again lets you change the difficulty as you said. That's good to know, no having to replay the whole game to change more than one difficulty level now.

Donos

Thanks! Took me a while to figure out but it is possible it seems. I had to choose my current character and even though the only option appears to be "continue", going to game settings and choosing the act again lets you change the difficulty as you said. That's good to know, no having to replay the whole game to change more than one difficulty level now.

Yeah, you just have to quit and can change it to how you like. Then in the game it's only -1/+1 (easier/harder). It's to prevent that you pump the difficulty from normal to eg. Torment 1 just before a boss to grab the better loot/droprate and then bump it down again.

Top Bottom