• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Raptor

Brothers, the time is coming in wich I will retire from this awesome game, I really want GTA5 and I dont have the funds to buy it so I think I wil trade this one for it.

:(

maybe in the future there is a sale in wich I could get it digitally.

Brothers, the time is coming in wich I will retire from this awesome game, I really want GTA5 and I dont have the funds to buy it so I think I wil trade this one for it.

:(

maybe in the future there is a sale in wich I could get it digitally.

How very dare you Nephalem!

patchday

So I thought clicking on "Quick Match" would continue my story playthrough? I did quick matches for bout 2 hours or something and helped folks beat the missions I had pending. But when I returned to my story by clicking "Continue" none of those deeds seemed to have transferred over. I have to do everything basically from the beginning of Act II. Not a big deal but was surprised

Just recently acquired this game. I am bout L40 on my Monk. PS4 sandboxgod. Send me an invite if you'd like to play

Will add you others

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Unlocked Adventure mode, feels like a brand new game.

Ending is kind of open ended, more expansions coming???

edit: so I take it it's better to clear a rift before speaking to the npc after killing a rift guardian?

edit: so I take it it's better to clear a rift before speaking to the npc after killing a rift guardian?
I always like to clear it, but some people would rather start a new one after killing the guardian.

The yield from guardians and shards is better than anything else in a rift, so if you want to maximize your time, you want leave a rift as soon as you kill the guardian.

Donos

What would people recommend as second character? (Crusader is my first lvl 70, paragon 14 or so). Eying the Wizard. Maybe Demon Hunter.

Changed from T1 back to Expert to just farm some better items and get over 300k DPS before going back to T1 and it's really relaxing rolling through the maps and stomping bosses/champions without retreating every second for every elemental hit, that takes 70 % of my health.

I also forgot to give my Enchantres another weapon till yesterday. She did only 2000 dmg but i thought it's how it is because i'm so high leveled. Gave her my two-handed legendary sword and her dps went up to 30K lol.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
As has been said before: 1 through 70 is training for the actual game.
There was that unconfirmed leaked Blizzard schedule which indicated another expansion is upcoming. I hope they postpone it as long as they feel comfortable, and with their pace in developing patches, that may well be the case.

What would people recommend as second character? (Crusader is my first lvl 70, paragon 14 or so). Eying the Wizard. Maybe Demon Hunter.
Of those two since you're on PS3, DH. No future patches means that you can develop a DH who can effortlessly cover the screen in projectiles while you sit back and watch everything die, and not worry about future changes to the build.

Also consider Barb, since that means that STR based items could be shared with your Crusader; this is important to consider if you ever want to hunt for a Furnace.

I keep on coming back to this game, even with other stuff to play. This year I found out that I'm a grinder lol. I used to love story games and would go through a whole bunch every year. In 2014 I found myself playing more gameplay driven games... Guess aging does actually change your taste in games.

h3ro

After carefull consideration I decided to not trade this, I would miss playing with you guys and my sexy Demon Hunter :p

iNA7Muh8fZpg3.gif

Error

Just tried my first GRift and got owned. T1 here.

Tried it solo, regular mob was no problem, but elite and champion mob kicked my ass.

So after weeks of level 70 item hunting in GRifts and slowly getting better items so I can actually play on T6 now (granted it takes a bit too long so I stick to T3/4), I finally got to play with my friend who got the game just after me but hasn't gotten to play it much, got him to level 70 with a few characters but he never got to do the fun post 70 stuff until today. His first day doing GRifts...he got an amazing furnace from a gift...

I've been hoping for that for weeks and nope...I mean I did get a Thunderfury which is nice with my Firebird's Eye (I'm a wizard if that wasn't clear while he's a monk) but dammit I wanted to punch him in the face for that furnace. I'm still missing 3 of the firebird armors too...I think I might just have bad luck, I've basically played this nonstop all month (except when at work)

-Mikey-

I've added a few people from here on PS4. I find gifts for people almost daily and have yet to receive any! Guess it's just that time of year XD

I've been running T1 and T2 for bounties, but usually drop to T1 for rifts and absolutely stay at T1 for Grifts. I maxed out a monk on PC, but quit before paragon levels were introduced. I always wanted to try the infernal machine events, so I started to farm the key wardens yesterday. After the time spent farming the keys and the three crappy uniques that dropped, no organs, I'm wondering if it's worth it.

Do you guys use voice chat when playing together?

Raptor

Just tried my first GRift and got owned. T1 here.

Tried it solo, regular mob was no problem, but elite and champion mob kicked my ass.

What GR key was it?

I don't think Torment has any play in GR someone corretc me if Im wrong but difficulty comes by how fast you kill on the trial.

Paganmoon

What GR key was it?

I don't think Torment has any play in GR someone corretc me if Im wrong but difficulty comes by how fast you kill on the trial.
Jupp, GR's are not based on the game's difficulty level.

I think GR key at around 26-27 is about as difficult as T6.

So you can have any difficulty set in game, but the key decides how hard the GR is going to be.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Yeah Error, if you don't use that Knife be sure to hang onto it until you get a good exchange offer or such. That lone item singly makes a support WD work. I had one and traded it for some Ramanaldis to a guy who mains WD (so I knew he'd get more use out of it than I would at present), but I'd probably want to have another one again if I ever get around to making my own version of his WD.
the infernal machine events ... I'm wondering if it's worth it.
In general, it's not really worth it.

The organ drop rates are low. Then you have to pray that any amulet you make both has stats that are worth a damn as well as roll with a passive that's actually useful. Then even if you miraculously get one that doesn't suck, you have to consider to equip that as opposed to another amulet which either completes a set or gives an elemental immunity of some kind (and this is a big deal in high Grifts). Thanks to a donation of some materials, I tried making a few dozen or so - and summarily junked every one of them.

I think a better use of the new HF materials is to make the new rings for levelling up alts.
Do you guys use voice chat when playing together?
Definitely. Communication is vital to this game. Without it, you have to second guess what everyone wants to do and when they're ready to do it, and it makes any kind of item exchange nearly impossible. It leads to a lot of wasted time as everyone stares at each other and waits for someone to take an initiative to do something.

Error

God damn man, you just got one of the rarest Items in the game, congrats!
I wish! I was looking legendary CKs and saw that and I want it so bad. I only have 2 legendary CK, the one with the corpse spider passive and one with mass confusion passive.

That's why I asked RNGod and RNGesus to give me one. ;)

Does gambling ever yields decent equipment? I have gambled a lot and I get shit loot.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
The way it feels for most people is that after spending 100K shards, Kadala gives you an item which drops from a monster twenty minutes later.

Honestly, it's the most consistent way to get anything that you're specifically looking for.

Hey Guys, long time lurker, first time poster on the thread. Im newly signed up to the forum after waiting for activation and looking for some people to play with on XB1.

Im a paragon level 512 and mainly run Monk, but have a competent DH and Wizard too capable of GRifts 30+

I play with my friend most of the time (runs DH) and we're currently stuck at around GRift 37 but looking to team up with others to get to at least 40. Would be good to play with legit players as the game on console is overrun with cheaters.

Also, I'm looking for this item -

Would any of you guys want to trade if you've got one? preferably with a DEX stat. The games RNG hasnt been kind to me as I have a few of the other sword for the set, but this side never drops. :(

quest

Not Banned from OT
Really rare.

I have maybe 4 drops in 400 paragon.

Im bored so what class should I try?

A damn Witch Doctor and see if I can get a Mask of Jeram and a Kukri?

hot damn!

If you get a Kukri go Tiki Doc they are pretty damn awesome if you have a Kukri. With out it pet doctor is a solid choice. Dog$ and my friend plays a Tiki doc and it is just awesome and allows us to do lower 40 rifts. Just wish I had a good DH to push it to the mid 40's. Stampede is nice but not enough damage so I hold back the group some.

Really rare.

I have maybe 4 drops in 400 paragon.

Im bored so what class should I try?

A damn Witch Doctor and see if I can get a Mask of Jeram and a Kukri?

hot damn!

Kukri is ok but there is an issue with them, they're not aoe class and they have just OK single target dmg. OK as in above average but it does not offset the aoe you need to spawn a RG to kill it with the good single target dps that makes pet WD worth it. Sadly Kukhri WD are limited to being a bitch class to allow real DPS classes like DH to do their thing. Basically it's used to cast BBV for the group.

Raptor

That sounds a little nice, meanwhile will still experiment on the golden flense crusader build with Rolands but now I will use a cindercoat to maximize fire, dont know if being teh ability using fire will reduce the wrath cost?

quest

Not Banned from OT
Kukri is ok but there is an issue with them, they're not aoe class and they have just OK single target dmg. OK as in above average but it does not offset the aoe you need to spawn a RG to kill it with the good single target dps that makes pet WD worth it. Sadly Kukhri WD are limited to being a bitch class to allow real DPS classes like DH to do their thing. Basically it's used to cast BBV for the group.

Pets die to quick in higher grifts. The tiki doc does more than cast BBV they make it possible to deal with elites and champion packs with crowd control. There is really only 1 DPS class in DH the rest are there to assist them with CC and buffs. A good tiki pet build can do low 40 grifts which is in line with every other class except DH and fishing barbs.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Hopefully this is true and current gen consoles get 2.1.2 same day as PC.

http://diablo.somepage.com/news/2035-simultaneous-patch-212-release-on-console-and-pc

Diablo III Patch 2.1.2 will be the first patch to arrive simultaneously on both the PC client and the Ultimate Evil Edition next-generation consoles. At a recent PlayStation Experience event, Diablo III lead Josh Mosqueira was joined by other developers to discuss the console Ultimate Evil Edition. They explored the process for bringing Diablo III from the PC to console, and features of the next big patch. Here is the video of the event, and quotes from the developers.

Raptor

Hopefully this is true and current gen consoles get 2.1.2 same day as PC.

http://diablo.somepage.com/news/2035-simultaneous-patch-212-release-on-console-and-pc

Diablo III Patch 2.1.2 will be the first patch to arrive simultaneously on both the PC client and the Ultimate Evil Edition next-generation consoles. At a recent PlayStation Experience event, Diablo III lead Josh Mosqueira was joined by other developers to discuss the console Ultimate Evil Edition. They explored the process for bringing Diablo III from the PC to console, and features of the next big patch. Here is the video of the event, and quotes from the developers.

Hopefully they do it, I hate to wait for updates.

I finally upgraded to current gen (PS4) and this was my first purchase. Would love it if some folks that are still playing would throw me an add. :) echoshifting

Edit: just sent invites to the other newbies on the last page

I'm excited for the new patch, I'm hoping it's soon. I just wanna complete my Wizard build first. I only need a Firebird's Talons and Firebird's Breast. Instead I constantly get Firebird Tarsi and Plumes...I did get Firebird Down from the blood shard chick.

Hobbun

I have a Crusader in post game (early 30s Paragon levels) and need some help with him. I am at T1 right now, and where I do a decent enough job from keeping myself from dying, I don't dish out anywhere near the kind of damage I would like (killing things way too slowly).

What kind of build I would like to do with him is go down the Shield Bash route, but I don't have any of the set pieces for the build (and not even sure what they are).

Before I give information on my Crusader, what is it you need from me to help me out? I can give everything, but don't want to turn this into a "tldr" for anyone, never mind trying to save me time in getting the info.

Thanks.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Crusader is Pony Build uber alles. It's basically the only viable long range build it has. Shotgun requires melee range and all melee builds get eaten alive once GRs are high enough.

Stack Physical skill damage increases and prioritize cooldown reduction even at the expense of defense. Heart Slaughter or Furnace. Strongarm Bracers. Leoric's Crown with a diamond in it. 5 piece Akkan for the rest. Zeis, Trapped, and Powerful are good gems.

Error

frustrated with the online in this game, I can join party via quick match and random players can join my game with no problems but I can't ever join a game via invitation. I checked everything including NAT issues and I don't get what's the problem.

HF2014

So a Shield Bash build is not viable then?

My shield bash build get me to GR33. I miss some dps. Using arkham set, piro manella shield rorg, unity and got fate of the fell for 3 beam heaven fury. Its not bad, but dont know how i can make it better.

Raptor

My shield bash build get me to GR33. I miss some dps. Using arkham set, piro manella shield rorg, unity and got fate of the fell for 3 beam heaven fury. Its not bad, but dont know how i can make it better.

Thats a SHotgun Build, a Shield bash build is viable if you can get in the 80+ million crits every second, maybe to reach GR30

I think thats a good enough number, but still needs a furnace.

JerryEveryday

Neo Member
Crusader is Pony Build uber alles. It's basically the only viable long range build it has. Shotgun requires melee range and all melee builds get eaten alive once GRs are high enough.

Stack Physical skill damage increases and prioritize cooldown reduction even at the expense of defense. Heart Slaughter or Furnace. Strongarm Bracers. Leoric's Crown with a diamond in it. 5 piece Akkan for the rest. Zeis, Trapped, and Powerful are good gems.

I prefer Trapped, Bleed and Mirinae (sp) for my gems.

Well shucks, bummed I went with a class that has so few viable builds. Reminds me of spamming zombie bears.

Still, so grateful for the help getting up to 70 + 16 paragon levels....thanks guys. :) Now I just need to force myself through campaign mode again...ung ;p One act down, four to go...

Top Bottom