• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

oneils

@oneils
Let me know if you want any sader gear. I've got spare akkannn/roland gear and a few weapons as well to give away (FoTF, baleful remnant, hearte slaughter etc)

Just seeing this now. Thanks man, for the offer. I'm good. Since my post I got a Rorg and three pieces of the the akkann set. So I'm on my way to completing it. It's been a lot of fun.

RaptureWS

Neo Member
I always leave my party open on XB1 in case anyone wants to jump in and play.

2 nights ago I am in town and two people join. They drop a ton of gear for me and tell me I have can have it. They then say "let's do a trial so you can get a level 90+ keystone. Just stand back and we will kill the mobs."

Ok, sure.

We do the trial while I stand far away and get a high level keystone. We go to the Rift and and they immediately get waayyy ahead of me. Their movement speed was much higher than mine. I am focusing on trying to catch up. It took me a minute to realize it, but my Paragon level were jumping up like craazzyyyyyyy. I was around 50 or 60 when I started. Around paragon level 300, which happened in literally a few mins, I also found a stray enemy. I then also realize I can swing my weapon like 5 times per second. It all kind of hits me at that point.....

I say to them "Guys, is this gear and method legit or what?" Their response was something to the effect of "the gear is modded, but level 100 rifts are mathematically impossible with the gear you get in game and modding is the only way to beat it. This game was meant to be modded." By the time the conversation is over I am at Paragon level 500+ and have a crapton of gear between what they gave me and what I picked up from the drops.

I deleted all the gear that was obviously modded, but I think I could still have some. I am not too familiar with endgame D3 so I am not even sure what to look for. Also I am a 500+ paragon. I am furious about this. Is there anyway to reset my character?

I see all of you here talking about having all this stuff and that makes me feel so weak.

I mean I use the "pet build" Crusader and can solo lvl 24 GR on T6.

However, I still feel like my gear is so bad. You do so many bounties, so many Rifts and GR and the ammount of time it takes to get one item you are gonna use takes so long sometimes.

I got a little tired and decided to create a Monk character and I am playing him on Adventure Mode to lvl him to 70. Having all these great gems and Paragon Points (because of an encounter with a cheater online Im lvl 603 :p) is making me unbeatable.

I have upped the difficulty to T1 and Im only lvl 23 and its still too easy lol. Some enemies are just becoming kinda of a bullet sponge though.

Anyway, just venting a bit.

Will try to add some of you on PSn in a little bit. Added a few already. Hope to meet you guys online.

Im brazilian too BTW. :)

RaptureWS

Neo Member
I wish I could be Paragon 1000 so I can stop worrying about it and just farm for better gear.

I would give you all my paragon levels if I could. It makes me sick that I got stuck with a cheater :( I wish I would have done some research about the game and maybe I would have known to be on the lookout. Never, ever again will I leave my party open.

Raptor

I would give you all my paragon levels if I could. It makes me sick that I got stuck with a cheater :( I wish I would have done some research about the game and maybe I would have known to be on the lookout. Never, ever again will I leave my party open.

The end game stuff will be the same paragon 500 or paragon 1000 we are still looking for that furnace, that TnT globes etc.

Now if you are using a modded weapon thats bad IMO

RaptureWS

Neo Member
The end game stuff will be the same paragon 500 or paragon 1000 we are still looking for that furnace, that TnT globes etc.

Now if you are using a modded weapon thats bad IMO

Well that is good to know then. I swiftly deleted everything they gave me that had gems and some other stuff that had ridiculous looking numbers. I am pretty confident I am free of any modded stuff, but i received quite a few legendaries from our GR100 run as well and now i have no idea what is what lol.

I am basically looking at it like a quick boost....I got some Paragon points and I got a one of two legendary upgrades from a high level rift. I tried T3 last night and it wrecked me so I am pretty sure I am not wearing anymore modded crap.

On a side note.....loving the game so far. I got to 60 on PC but had zero desire to do any endgame content. This new system seems a lot more fun and focused.

Raptor

Well that is good to know then. I swiftly deleted everything they gave me that had gems and some other stuff that had ridiculous looking numbers. I am pretty confident I am free of any modded stuff, but i received quite a few legendaries from our GR100 run as well and now i have no idea what is what lol.

I am basically looking at it like a quick boost....I got some Paragon points and I got a one of two legendary upgrades from a high level rift. I tried T3 last night and it wrecked me so I am pretty sure I am not wearing anymore modded crap.

On a side note.....loving the game so far. I got to 60 on PC but had zero desire to do any endgame content. This new system seems a lot more fun and focused.

Legally dropped stuff even if you wereo n a GR100 they are good to use IMO since they were dropped for you in that aprticular GRift is not that you modded them ro something, yeah this game is very addictive that I have 2 other games Mordor and TR DE and I still find myself playing this more.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Man, I'm glad that I've yet to encounter a cheating sack of shite. Sounds like something that could potentially ruin the experience.

JerryEveryday

Neo Member
I see they switch the placement of the items in Urshi's menu from it's version on the PC. The upgrade gem button used to be on the left and keystone on the right. I was leveling up some gems and I kept on spamming left just out of habit. Found myself in a GR 27 and it wasn't pleasant dying that many times. Lesson learned. So much better playing this game on my couch than my PC chair.

stn

Just a question for anyone who's played online on 360. If you join a modded room by mistake and don't realize it, what will happen? Will my character get banned or something? I've never played the game online yet and I definitely do not want to lose my characters. Thanks.

Kane1345

Hey guys I just saw this on stream and I really like the look of it. I just have a noob question: Can I play adventure mode online with friends? Sorry if it's been asked etc don't really have much knowledge about the series. Thanks :)

Error

Hey guys I just saw this on stream and I really like the look of it. I just have a noob question: Can I play adventure mode online with friends? Sorry if it's been asked etc don't really have much knowledge about the series. Thanks :)

yes, diablo is a 4 players coop/vs loot based action rpg. you choose a class then go through a series of dungeons divided by acts. Basically the point of the game is building your character via skills customization and equipment.

hope that answers your question!

All of you guys at level 70, I need to catch up :/

Kane1345

yes, diablo is a 4 players coop/vs loot based action rpg. you choose a class then go through a series of dungeons divided by acts. Basically the point of the game is building your character via skills customization and equipment.

hope that answers your question!

Cheers, much appreciated!

Soulez

Neo Member
Am I just having bad luck?

I found a Flying Dragon and Sunwuko Shines about a month ago during a gaming session on my Monk, so I figured a Sunwuko Build was the way to go. Since then I haven't seen one piece of Sunwuko, but I've had a 5-6 pieces of the Raiment of a Thousand Storms fall.

I've done plenty of Rifts and GRifts on T4 and spent about 2k-3k shards on Kadela but nothing. Are the RNG gods just hating on me or will I have a better chance of finding them on a higher Torment level?

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Join up with me/us next time you can. We were able to raise a new Monk for H3RO here from 1 to 70 with a grand total of four T6 rift runs. Yes, four. It was no longer than an hour.

I've ... spent about 2k-3k shards on Kadela but nothing. Are the RNG gods just hating on me or will I have a better chance of finding them on a higher Torment level?
3000 shards is a drop in the bucket in the grand scheme of things, and yeah you're just seeing one way in which this game is entirely streaky. You'll get nothing for a week then magically two of the same item will come in the same day, or even the same rift.

For a week I've been working on getting a better amulet for my DH, because I want her to have some kind of immunity item (Xephyrian, Mara, Talisman, something). Total shards spent so far has to honestly be close to twenty thousand (400+ per T6 rift X 4 characters = 1600, and I've done at very least ten solo runs this week, if not twenty), and for all those shards spent all I have to show for it is one half-useless Xephyrian (which came on the same day that another one dropped from a monster kill - and Xephyrians are in fact the rarest amulet on the loot table), and nothing which I could even roll to replace the amulet I already had equipped (socket, 740 dex, 99% CD, 9% CC). 20000 shards got me nothing which I directly equipped, and it doesn't phase me at all. That's how this game is.

Otherwise, yes, the game is set to have a higher chance of Legendary drops when you increase the difficulty, but kill speed and efficiency far outweigh loot drop percentages.

After all the horror stories of public online i've heard in this thread and others I had to try it tonight. First lobby I joined someone just dropped about 8 legendaries most of which weren't even identified...I wasn't going to take them but my roommate wanted them so i just got them for him and didn't identify but geez, who just drops 8 legendaries. In the same room there was a guy at paragon level 702...not sure if i trust that is legit...

I did enjoy the online though, I just wish there weren't hackers

dog$

Hates quality gaming
With the exception of rings (because the question mark obfuscates them too much), once you play this game enough you will recognize what the Legendaries are without identifying them, and you will know some of them to be trash no matter how well their affixes roll.

Donos

Changed my OP lvl 35 Crusader difficulty from Normal to hard... no change ... then to expert ... same besides 1-2 close moments. Overall still no problem but now at master, my health goes down pretty fast. So i completely changed up my skills and main attack from close combat to ranged (Justice and Fist of heavens + Phalanx bow men).
The Exp boost is worth it. Really wish i would have changed it before (changed it after Diablo).

Error

I don't know why I always get an error whenever I try to join a gaffer's party. If I use the quick match setting I quickly find a party, but with gaffers I always get an error and it's starting to annoy me.

I check my router and everything it's fine.

I don't know why I always get an error whenever I try to join a gaffer's party. If I use the quick match setting I quickly find a party, but with gaffers I always get an error and it's starting to annoy me.

I check my router and everything it's fine.
Is your game up to date with updates?

creyas

First day of running adventure mode online, was playing in a public game and some guy joined and started wrecking shit, inspected him and he had a 'professional russian's fast sword'..

Didn't really know how good gear gets, so wasn't sure what was up, well, then we go into a rift trial, and then into a greater rift, boom, 40 paragon levels in a matter of seconds.

Scrambled to turn off my PS4 (yeah, quitting the game from the game menu didn't come to mind). Glad i didn't take too much 'damage', and paragon levels are quite fast to get, but still feels a bit shitty. Felt really great about the game, pretty unmotivated now.

First day of running adventure mode online, was playing in a public game and some guy joined and started wrecking shit, inspected him and he had a 'professional russian's fast sword'..

Didn't really know how good gear gets, so wasn't sure what was up, well, then we go into a rift trial, and then into a greater rift, boom, 40 paragon levels in a matter of seconds.

Scrambled to turn off my PS4 (yeah, quitting the game from the game menu didn't come to mind). Glad i didn't take too much 'damage', and paragon levels are quite fast to get, but still feels a bit shitty. Felt really great about the game, pretty unmotivated now.

I hate the assholes using the Professional Russian Fast Sword. This game needs a block feature for the MP.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
I am brand new at this, anyone able to send me some gifts? I just killed Skelton King last night though. This may break me of my Destiny addiction, but dat Dark Below loot...

PS4 Cybrwzrd

IvorB

So I got the PS4 version of this and it's really a great upgrade. I can finally see what the game is supposed to look like. But I have a big problem: my mate's character is on my account and it seems the games doesn't allow this any more. Does anyone have any work around to this please?

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.

That sword is a common cheat now....the same thing happened to me. I felt so bad that I reseted my account and started all over again. I was paragon level 125. Now I'm only 80 again.
You just can't play public games anymore....Blizzard should ban everyone that goes online with this type of gear.

I had a gate to
Whimsyshire
randomly appear yesterday. Had no idea this area existed. This was probably my gaming surprise of the year :)

I think I might be done with this game. Cleared it once with crusader (level 70+), got rest of the characters to ~level 20 just to see what they have to offer. Does not seem like there's much more to do besides hardcore run, but that seems like too time consuming...

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
I had a gate to
Whimsyshire
randomly appear yesterday. Had no idea this area existed. This was probably my gaming surprise of the year :)

I think I might be done with this game. Cleared it once with crusader (level 70+), got rest of the characters to ~level 20 just to see what they have to offer. Does not seem like there's much more to do besides hardcore run, but that seems like too time consuming...

No rifts and bountys ? You're crazy !!

What do you mean?

Do you have already end game builds to clear at least GR35+?

Thats the goal, end game stuff.

I don't really know what GR35+ means. :) I assume whatever it is it won't get me any new content besides gear and leveling up and it will take me 100 hour+ to get. I don't really have that kind of time, so I'm sticking to what I have.

Raptor

I don't really know what GR35+ means. :) I assume whatever it is it won't get me any new content besides gear and leveling up and it will take me 100 hour+ to get. I don't really have that kind of time, so I'm sticking to what I have.

Greater Rift 35 and beyond.

BUt yeah if you are not interested in getting the best of the best the game have to offer yeah might aswell stop now.

Not interested in trying a hardcore character?

One death and is done.

Greater Rift 35 and beyond.

BUt yeah if you are not interested in getting the best of the best the game have to offer yeah might aswell stop now.

Not interested in trying a hardcore character?

One death and is done.

Same thing. Kinda cool thing to do, but it would take a while (I would not risk playing it on anything above Normal). Will come back to it if there's DLC I guess.

nortonff

Did some rifts and bounties to level up secondary characters. Saw PS4 exclusive rift. Can't think of anything else to do :)

Maybe play with friends... Will there be another DLC?

I think at least one more expansion is planned. Now that the game is also on consoles, maybe we get two.

I have, what you want to trade for?

:p

They are yours man, do I have you on my list?

Do you have by any chance a Calamity?

No, unfortunately. Haven't made a demon hunter yet.

Stash inventory isn't accessible currently (at work).

I believe you are on my friend's list. We'll work something out whenever I see you on. Thanks.

Raptor

No, unfortunately. Haven't made a demon hunter yet.

Stash inventory isn't accessible currently (at work).

I believe you are on my friend's list. We'll work something out whenever I see you on. Thanks.

Dont worry, I think I remember you, your PSN is the same as here right?

If it is I will send them tonight.

Just can you send me a Message there on PSN so I dont forget?

Im going to do what I think woudl never do, I will try a Demon HUnter without TNT but instead with a Magefist and go full fire damage :O

What I understand with 4.154 Breakpoint is that in APS is that right?

My APS shoudl be 4.154?

Error

thanks to the gaffer that gave me all the money and a couple of items!

I'm close to hitting level 70.

Donos

On my road to lvl 70 with my lvl 56 Crusader (PS3). I think i'm close to finishing the RoS Story . Should i finish it fast for adventuremode and other stuff or farm a bit more in the story mode?

h3ro

Man... I need to do something about my defense. I'm only hitting 6500K sheet defense even with AC up. Getting chewed up at higher level GR.

JerryEveryday

Neo Member
Finally running T6 on my Sader. The last few days of farming, I picked up a Unity, couple pieces of Akkhan and a very very low base damage Furnace. It should be called a stove the way that thing rolled. Just need to find a gift now and a second Unity.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Last weekend I obtained an Int Leorics with 99% bonus. I think I may have found a Wizard build to put it to good use. The raw damage isn't as good as the Fire build I have, but it's far beyond the Lightning build I had and the lockdown is just as good as was with the latter. Much more entertaining to see in action too. Hope to take her out with people soon and see how she's received.
Im going to do what I think woudl never do, I will try a Demon HUnter without TNT but instead with a Magefist and go full fire damage :O

What I understand with 4.154 Breakpoint is that in APS is that right?

My APS shoudl be 4.154?
Yeah, those figures refer to APS but I don't think there is any way in hell you can reach 4APS through gear and gems. It was very difficult to reach 3APS back in Vanilla and I don't think Paragon and Gogok is enough to reach that high of a value.

And actually if you have to choose one slot to sacrifice for Marauder, I think a Cindercoat would be better than the Magefist. Fire skill damage and fire skill cost reduction.

thanks to the gaffer that gave me all the money and a couple of items!

I'm close to hitting level 70.
You're welcome. Just hang onto that stuff for when you raise the rest of your crew up. Glad I finally manged to meet you in game. Now we just need to have you successfully take up my invite so that you can twink in T6.

On my road to lvl 70 with my lvl 56 Crusader (PS3). I think i'm close to finishing the RoS Story . Should i finish it fast for adventuremode and other stuff or farm a bit more in the story mode?
The sooner you put the story of Diablo 3 behind you, the better. That applies both within and without the game.

Top Bottom