• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Deep Down dev report video with new gameplay, beta delayed to 2015

WITHE1982

A quick search shows the dungeons are to be procedural so I can forgive the environments looking a bit bland. As long as they're filled with interesting creatures and it doesn't get a bit repetitive this could be a hit for Capcom... or then again maybe not.

In January it was reported that Deep Down was trademarked for US and EU so I'd fully expect this to be a worldwide release.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
A quick search shows the dungeons are to be procedural so I can forgive the environments looking a bit bland. As long as they're filled with interesting creatures and it doesn't get a bit repetitive this could be a hit for Capcom... or then again maybe not.

In January it was reported that Deep Down was trademarked for US and EU so I'd fully expect this to be a worldwide release.
Hmm..procedural levels ruined warframe for me. Hopefully the fantasy setting=a bit more variety.

IKizzLE

Devil May Cry 5 with the panta rei engine please.
Just make the main character Sparda and let it continue after the events of DMC4.

Binabik15

Let it be good. Release it in the West. Let me still precise stab some mole cylops/tricops vulnerable eye.

Character designs (I'm a huge fan of realistic armour) and enem design is sooogood.gif

I want this.

Sorral

It seems to be getting better and better. Gameplay and animations look so smoooooth especially that dancing mimic chest...

I made a bunch of gifs, but be warned that they are all big sized. A better version of this gif is in the folder:
dd11nbplt.gif

EGOMON

Been looking forward to this game since it was announced last year the co-op feature is really getting me even more excited come on Capcom hurry up

Afrikan

Love the music in this game... has anyone tried to play it with a violin on youtube? if not yet, I'm looking forward to it. Some folks did the track from Killzone 3 and did an amazing job.

Teeth

Sad to see that the level design has ended up as procedurally generated hallway/killroom pap. Visuals have taken another hit as well, though it still looks decent all around. It's got that "Capcom" look, which is unique and beautiful, I just wish it wasn't so constrained.

It's looking more and more like a 3rd person Diablo-style game with direct control combat. So if the combat doesn't hold up in the long run, the brain dead level design will really hurt it.

BadWolf

Still looks pretty damn amazing.

Really, really hope they don't screw up the F2P aspect because I really want to play this, its pretty much the first F2P game to ever interest me.

Hollow

The lighting and shadows look really nice.

I'm hoping Capcom doesn't shaft the western market for this game. I'd at least like to try it.

Nice footage there; some gorgeous use of lighting and particle effects. Game was seriously downgraded after the reveal, but now it's received an upgrade. I just wish the whole f2p model wasn't there, as the game looks like it's shaping up to be better than that.

I think the idea this wont hit PC is silly.

It will be PS4 exclusive in Japan, PC and PS4 in the west.

If microsoft get their heads out their asses regarding F2P I can even see an Xbox one version further down the line.

delSai

I think the idea this wont hit PC is silly.

It will be PS4 exclusive in Japan, PC and PS4 in the west.

If microsoft get their heads out their asses regarding F2P I can even see an Xbox one version further down the line.

Isn't Sony Japan helping 'em out? Wouldn't this kill the Chance of it coming to other Consoles?

Gurish

Visually amazing, if it's still 60 FPS, it's easily the most impressive 60 FPS title I've seen on consoles.

So disappointing it's F2P, one could only imagine how a dark souls type game, without all the randomizing shit, could look with this engine, shame.

Ganondorfo

So if this game wasnt F2P and it was a single player experience. Do you think this thread would have gotten 14 pages? I think a lot of people dont care anymore for it when they announced it was F2P.

Looks amazing.

The art style, graphics, enemy design, battle system all look really good. Its really nice to see Capcom and SCEJ taking this project seriously. Now just reveal the f2p scheme and I'm in.

Also this is Capcoms next gen engine isn't it.....imagine a Dragons Dogma sequel in this engine 0_0

Dr. Kaos

Banned
Game looks really good (all praise to Ono-sama). The fighting looks better than bloodborne.

I just wish it weren't f2p.

Respawn

Banned
Wow this keeps getting better and better. Amazing armor set for players. Going to be interesting to see what players find. Graphics really seem top notch. Love em particles.

Gurish

So if this game wasnt F2P and it was a single player experience. Do you think this thread would have gotten 14 pages? I think a lot of people dont care anymore for it when they announced it was F2P.

Yea you're right, it would probably be one of the most anticipated games as a single player game.

And visually (with 30 FPS) it could look much closer to the original tech demo, that alone would gather a massive amount of hype.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Holy shit that mimic looks amazing, always one of my favorite monsters in games.

take your time Capcom this is looking better and better

Plus with the eng/spanish/etc dubs, the resources put it, the fact that it was trademarked by SCEE and SCEA, and the fact that both websites officially advertise it in their upcoming games lists, I expect it to come here completely.

Yeah delay this as long as they need to make it great.

Looks like the engine is getting more polished. Really can't wait to see what they have done with the spell effects.

Excited for this game myself. First real look at what " next-gen " spell effects should look like.

Spell Effects are so good I can't help but imagine a cinematic, turn based JRPG with those kinds of details on the spell effects flying all over the screen. Will never happen, but would be amazing.

I think there is a 100% chance this game hits the west lol. Looks tailor made for it, and well that is where the PS4 userbase is at this time so Capcom would be pretty dumb not to.

i'm ok with 2015 ..no point to release this when the end of 2014 is just so full. i resigned myself when we didn't have a how of this game at E3 that they weren't just ready.*

so i'll wait.

Gameplay looks great as usual

UrbanRats

Lighting looks great, gameplay also looks good.
The environments seem to lack a bit of personality, probably due to the procedural nature.
Character models are.. ok, i hoped for more moving parts and better cloth physics (especially compared to the reveal tech demo), but the monsters look very cool.

I would definitely play it if it was ever to come out here in the west.

Xpliskin

So this is the industry's trend for AAA
(Konami, Rockstar for example)
Restructuring, no new games for a while..new engine in development.

Then bam Fox Engine MGSV, Silent Hills, GTA V GOTY

Capcom will follow suit Panta Rhei DMC 5, RE
and all willl be good

Zukuu

Banned
Look fun. I just hoped they wouldn't use randomized dungeons. That always makes for a very shallow experience imo.

Top Bottom