• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain Toad - Trasure Tracker: lots of new artworks

L~A

Nintendo has uploaded loads of new artworks for Captain Toad : Treasure Tracker, for those interested. Most of them are pretty good avatar material, too!

iZZcexkEEGhTn.jpg

iPxRwxmA250wv.jpg

ibeetcaxWVo5Dn.jpg

ibdrl5ZQ3SRPr9.jpg

im3MjcM1aKLAv.jpg

i1XncgxvUpyRK.jpg

iDwM44KuwesBy.jpg

i8J4QeMnFOrmt.jpg

i6SVcv1XqGhR.jpg

iGScPS54Q9ozL.jpg

iNEDwe8qrzioT.jpg

iB0WqoY7Mwwio.jpg

ibuE82CocrtYBo.jpg

immZ5qZIpigmY.jpg

ib1p2M7ONENA7L.jpg

inmP5cg6t32P3.jpg

iJDBVhR8Yrvg2.jpg

ibd6NPSQfWNJDm.jpg

iQjlJLnpk4MjO.jpg

mmZ5qZIpigmY

ibvqZuNEuRkIN5.jpg

iFER4DEBR8gjM.jpg

iDdn1KC2hUYir.jpg

itdAdaSgL7epD.jpg

ibh292VewdRdCP.jpg

Some levels:

Gallery: here! And here!

Kinsei

Banned
Spike is in a game where you can't jump? Oh god, the final special level is going to be brutal.

I never noticed how adorable the conkdors are.

Is all of it new though? I think the Spike and Charging Chucks are ripped straight from 3D World.
That being said, I am glad the Bees from 3D Land are back. The ostriches with sunglasses is funny.

maxcriden

Oh wow, I love Spikes. I guess I was hoping this would be artwork a la Yoshi's New Island rather than artwork renders, but I can't really complain when Spike is there.

SpikeSMB3.gif

GabonNSMBWii.png

L~A

A lot of reused enemies from SM3DW but it doesn't matter for this game.

Is all of it new though? I think the Spike and Charging Chucks are ripped straight from 3D World.
That being said, I am glad the Bees from 3D Land are back. The ostriches with sunglasses is funny.

Well, yeah, it's the same engine and everything. Wouldn't make sense not to reuse some stuff.

Well, yeah, it's the same engine and everything. Wouldn't make sense not to reuse some stuff.
I can see it. I was mostly pointing out the Spike and Charging Chuck artwork are I think the exact same as the 3D World artwork. I think everything else is new though...
is this a hint for Nintendo going third party? Toad PS4 edition coming in 2015.
I think Kamek has done PS shapes since Yoshi's Island.
Edit:

Gsnap

Somebody go and get me this game right now.

I need it, man.

I love the new enemies, especially the bird. It's always nice to see new characters added to the mario universe. It's like getting something new while also having nostalgic feelings for it already because it just feels like it fits.

Calamari41

41 > 38

This reminds me so much of Dodo and Valentina from Nimbus Land in Mario RPG... I am now beyond thirsty for a remake of that game in this graphics engine. Would be perfect with the isometric camera and everything.

I can see it. I was mostly pointing out the Spike and Charging Chuck artwork are I think the exact same as the 3D World artwork. I think everything else is new though...

I think Kamek has done PS shapes since Yoshi's Island.
Edit:

Super Mario World to be precise.
Kamek was already throwing play station signs in it's sprite.

nullset2

From the Mario 3D- era of SM3DL and SM3DW I vote for biddybuds and conkdors for Best new characters.

So awesome.

I'm gonna guess the Rainbow Mushroom is the Starman of this game, prolably to avoid confusion between the regular Power Star and the Starman, don't know why they didn't just go with Galaxy's Rainbow Star though.

Top Bottom