• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Innocent civilians standing on the roof of their house after the flood. Crying out for help and there it is! Superman flying just above their head, ready to save them! Their hero, they reach out to him.

Superman looks down: Fuck you people.

*flies away*

The Giant

Banned
An update on the BvS extended cut - the Aussies have rated it and added "coarse language" to the explainer, with strong language having a higher impact than in the theatrical version.

Let the "who drops the f bombs" speculation begin.....

It's rated M. Wow, Would have thought it was gonna be MA 15+. Since it's R in America.

SJRB

Gold Member
Superman: "Next time they shine your light in the sky - don't go. Consider this mercy"
Batman: "I'll fucking hook you in the gabber, I swear on me mum"

Bruce Wayne, waking up after the Knightmare and the Flash sequence - "What the fuck just happened?"

Dead

well not really...yet
"My parents taught me a different fucking lesson...dying in a gutter for no fucking reason at all."

Jeez Batman

Ross61

If Suicide Squad knocks it out of the park then we're going to have a Squad Month. Especially with the Suicide Squad Rebirth and #1,Suicide Squad: War Crimes (John Ostrander one-shot), and the Most Wanted series all come out that month.

So, is that Cap thing canon or like Injustice shit? I didn't read it but an off the cuff guess would make me believe he's like playing a part.

Essentially,
the issue revealed that, when Steve was a boy, he + his mother were invited to a HYDRA meeting. The implication is that he was deeply influenced by it - leading to "Hail Hydra".
We'll have to see how this plays out, but as of right now - it's canon.

It looks like Suicide Squad toys and other merchandise should officially be popping up starting Wednesday, June 1st. You might be able to find some early if stores break street dates. I've seen some people selling stuff early on eBay.

I'll pick up the Harley, Deadshot, and Katana toys (Funko Pop! and Mattel DC Multiverse). Not sure yet if I'll pick up anything else.

Penguin

This Wonder Woman Barbie is boss

CjZVQeYVEAEqM4H.jpg

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/.../?hootPostID=c890336d7b5dcb32905ca12eac096ff3

Read Rebirth yesterday, I thought it was cool. Shame I couldn't control myself and got a pretty big hint at what the main swerve was by reading this thread lol.

Wonder how or when it will all pay off though. I imagine it'll be in another Crisis crossover.

It's a comic con exclusive. That sucks. Because I want to buy it.

keep an eye out on MattyCollector's website post Con. They sell overstock on a specific day and time, and they go quick, but you'll spend the normal convention price. I got the BvS two pack figures with the FX box for the regular price as opposed to the $200+ ebay price. Shit sold out in like 5 minutes though.

Read Rebirth yesterday, I thought it was cool. Shame I couldn't control myself and got a pretty big hint at what the main swerve was by reading this thread lol.

Wonder how or when it will all pay off though. I imagine it'll be in another Crisis crossover.

Read interviews that I can't find now saying that the entire Rebirth payoff will take about two years. It's gonna be awhile before it's all wrapped up nicely.

keep an eye out on MattyCollector's website post Con. They sell overstock on a specific day and time, and they go quick, but you'll spend the normal convention price. I got the BvS two pack figures with the FX box for the regular price as opposed to the $200+ ebay price. Shit sold out in like 5 minutes though.

Read interviews that I can't find now saying that the entire Rebirth payoff will take about two years. It's gonna be awhile before it's all wrapped up nicely.
Niceeeeeee. Not that bad of a wait. Wonder if he'll get a redesign when he reveals himself.

Refreshing my memory of Watchmen today and I'm really curious as to how they are gonna set up Manhattan as a antagonist.

He seems so powerful that if he wanted he would just merc everyone in the DC universe without batting an eye but his whole thing is that he isn't interested in human affairs (or anything resembling human concerns) so I wonder what excuse they have for him giving a shit about stealing 10 years from this universe.

I imagine whatever the reason it will be convoluted as hell lol.

Niceeeeeee. Not that bad of a wait. Wonder if he'll get a redesign when he reveals himself.

Refreshing my memory of Watchmen today and I'm really curious as to how they are gonna set up Manhattan as a antagonist.

He seems so powerful that if he wanted he would just merc everyone in the DC universe without batting an eye but his whole thing is that he isn't interested in human affairs (or anything resembling human concerns) so I wonder what excuse they have for him giving a shit about stealing 10 years from this universe.

I imagine whatever the reason it will be convoluted as hell lol.

I'm sure it'll be a "misunderstanding" cop out. Dr. M trying to make the universe "better" so he fucks things up. Does the whole "you don't understand I'm saving you from yourselves" thing. I can't see him going all mustache twirling bad guy.

J_Viper

I met Henry Cavill outside the set of Superman Vs Batman once.
We were in a group waiting outside the set because we heard they were shooting near where we lived, and hoped we'd maybe be able to see what they were shooting, or at least catch a glimpse of the new batman suit. When he was done shooting for the day, he came over the fence to where the fans and we were waiting.

When he arrived he had this stern look upon his face, like somebody on set had really pissed him off or something.
We asked him how he was, if he had been shooting anything interesting, etc. etc.

He never answered any of our questions, not even once. The only thing he mustered up to say was ''Lets get this fucking over with''.
So we got our cellphones out in order to take a selfie with the man, but just as I opened the camera app, his face froze.
He aggressively snatched my phone out of my hands, and pointed it really close to his head for about 1-2 minutes.
I thought he was kidding or making a joke, but after a while he started to look sick.. almost pale.
I asked him what was the matter, when he started whispering under his breath. I couldn't hear him so i leaned in a bit in order to understand what the problem was.
He kept repeating only one word;
''Just''.

The volume of his repeating got louder and louder, until it ended up being a blown scream.
So security apparently heard the screaming, and ran around the fence to our location. They hurriedly grabbed Cavill under both arms, and started pulling him back to the set.
At this moment he dropped my phone and almost started to cry while yelling, which unsettled us even more then we already had become.
I went down to grab my phone off from the ground, and saw that 200 new pictures had been added to my camera roll.
I opened it, and suddenly began to feel a very strange sensation, almost dizziness when I realized that within the two minutes he held my phone, he had taken 200 close ups of what appeared to be his hairline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom