• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most pissed you've ever been at a game?

TheHall

Most recently, Final Fantasy X's Yunalesca.

3 excruciatingly long fights due to status effect bullshit. 3rd form will insta-kill party if you try to prevent said status effects or were unlucky enough to heal at the wrong time. It just became a fight of attrition until my healing items ran out and I put the game down.

How did you not learn after a first insta-kill?

It pissed me off too, but when i saw the opening move on her third form, i'd make sure i didn't make that mistake again.

-Ninja Gaiden on Xbox.
-The Last of Us on Grounded Mode.
-Far Cry 4 while playing the terrible multiplayer mode and lack of PvP Map Editor options wondering what could have been.

Zaku

I see this image all the time, but i never played Sonic, so have NO idea what is going on here.....

...what's going on here?

There are a bunch of people who never tried pressing directions when they got to this part. While it's certainly not intuitive, once you figure out that the jumping won't work it's pretty simple to figure out.

I'm baffled that this was a complete stopping point for so many people. The spinning tops in Marble Zone were a bigger frustration for me, trying to get them through a level, cautiously bringing it right through hazards, then... Whoops, you touched the ground! Time to go a million miles an hour through spinning spike balls!

Some random online matches in P4AU this tuesday. I don't know what was going on but I was pissed as fuck.

Never happened before.

Vitten

The stories I could tell from the time I still participated in online F-Zero time trialling....
Nothing gets you going like trying to set a new world record by racing the same course for hours upon hours and then finally when getting the perfect run you screw up on the last corner..

Especially Snes F-Zero was a cruel mistress because the trafic with the ubiquitous backmarker ships added a highly frustrating random factor. I will never forget the time I finally had a prestigious world record in my grasp only to crash into an unavoidable backmarker in the final hairpin.. I actually started punching my door until my fist started bleeding and there were big holes in the door.

Pff. the stupid stuff I cared about..

another one that caused me hemorrhoids
not really
was TES:O GOTY for the PS3.

40 hours in the game i got bit by a vampire thought "thats cool" imagining i was gonna kick ass like Blade (Wesley Snipes) until i fucking died, decided to google and to see how to solve this and realize that i have to do a quest to get cured.
the thing is i was way too late and far from the quest point that no matter how fast i went there with my horse i didnt make in time and thanks to my OCD the 20 saves states i had were from points in the game were i was still too late.

i proceeded to delete the game and my saves and never touched the game until a year or so later i went balls deep on it because i got so super hooked (specially when i reached the islands and met the crazy king)

Mupod

Fuck Chrono Cross!

People ganking my alts in WoW used to get me nuclear levels of pissed-off. I used to log my main out on top of Hemet Nesingwary's camp in STV just to hunt those motherfuckers down. I'd write their names down to know who needed to die if I lost track of them, I had a 'book of the dead' mod that did this automatically for me later on. At one point I had access to an alliance account on my server and I'd use it to find out what zone people were in just to make their life hell in retribution.

It's funny because other than that I was carebear as hell. I had lots of alliance friends on my server and never went out of my way to gank people.

SegaShack

Will always be this....

Vzj1esa.png

Shouted at my mom
Shouted at friends
Shouted at it

hqdefault.jpg

I always thought this was terrible as well. Both of these gave me time ups in the games.

Seanspeed

Banned
Don't know about *most* pissed I've ever been, but yesterday had me angrier than I've been for a long time playing iRacing.

Just kept getting knocked around in races. Didn't have one race where I wasn't taken out. This is more common in regular racing games, but iRacing typically has much higher standards of driving. Its why people *pay* good money for the service. It was my first day being back for a good while and I'd set aside time to practice and do some races. Was really looking forward to it but I just ended yesterday fuming about it for like an hour! lol

DJIzana

Probably Street Fighter 2 turbo. Broke a controller back in the day as a kid. Even the new Smash Bros doing events gets me riled up hahaha (not to the extent of breaking anything now though). Fighting games... There's a reason I don't tend to play them often. =P

40 hours in the game i got bit by a vampire thought "thats cool" imagining i was gonna kick ass like Blade (Wesley Snipes) until i fucking died, decided to google and to see how to solve this and realize that i have to do a quest to get cured.
the thing is i was way too late and far from the quest point that no matter how fast i went there with my horse i didnt make in time and thanks to my OCD the 20 saves states i had were from points in the game were i was still too late.

What are you on about? You just have to travel at night, taking shelter in caves or houses during daytime.

You're a goddamn vampire.

Menome

Mario Kart: Double Dash. I was neck-and-neck in points on 150cc mode with Wario, it all came down to Rainbow Road. I raced like my life depended on it and was miles ahead of Wario at the final lap. I get to that last turn before the finish line and the fucker zooms past me at a speed that just isn't physically possible for a player to reach and wins the race.

The one and only time I've thrown a controller across the room.

Omni

Probably Battlefield 3

The game was just so laggy for me. I remember there was an update and every so often my character would just freeze on the spot. But everything else around me would be fine. Only way to fix it would be to die

It would happen so much that I broke a controller or two out of frustration. Been maybe two years since I've raged like that, though.

StuBurns

Banned
I threw Ninja Gaiden Sigma out of the window because of the fucking slowdown during those translucent flying fish bit near the end. Cunts.

Kssio_Aug

GTA SA: Airplane remote control mission. That one you had to control an airplane and kill some guys, without letting it explode, in a giving time and before it loses fuel.

That was such a traumatic experience in that time. Lol
I did that... Almost threw my conttoller out of the window though. After that I decided I would not force myself into stupid gaming sessions anymore if it is stressing me.

lordxar

So much rage back in the NES days...thought I was mostly done with that until Dark Souls and Demon Souls. Loved them both though. The last controller smashing event was trying to finish the first Resistance on easy no less. That last fight was infuriating. On the plus side, that particular controller was quite the champ after it slammed into the floor and bounced off a chair lol. Trying to be much calmer these days :)

Vitet

I thought FTL was frustrating but recently I tried Out There and wow. I feel like the game it's just laughing at me

BigAl1992

Modern Warfare 3. It was the first time I was ever angry at myself for buying a game. It just didn't go well with me and promptly got traded in after 2 days, which would have been the next day after I bought it, had it not been so late in the day when I got it.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Resident Evil 6, the way it would keep wrestling the controls away from me for constant little QTE's and button-mashing. Something as simple as opening a door in that game felt like it was going to break a controller. The never-ending bosses didn't help either.

One of the PES games last gen (don't remember which one) was particularly irritating, whenever you scored the AI was 90% likely to score in their next attack. Sometimes there was nothing you could do about it, when Aston Villa players are suddenly better than Messi you know there is something wrong.

The Tower of Blades in God of War had me in tears of frustration the first time I got there. I tried over and over for an hour before I beat it.

Died so many times trying to reach my corpse in Everquest I think I lost a whole level from the exp penalty. This was back when you had to spend days just to get like half a bar of exp. I knew I could of just asked a necro but I just kept thinking I could make it but kept failing.

mcz117chief

I once raged so hard during Battlefield 2142 that I smashed a drinking glass against my head, shattering it. Of course, I cut my face pretty badly but I'll be damned if I would say that it didn't help :D

Ruff

y7W16.jpg

I don't think I've ever been angier than during my play through of COD:WAW on veteran. each level would take me near a day to agonizingly crawl through hoping for a new checkpoint. the grenade spam was real.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
The Tower of Blades in God of War had me in tears of frustration the first time I got there. I tried over and over for an hour before I beat it.

I had a really weird experience with that. I had heard about that section for years and dreaded it when I was playing through the HD collection. Was shocked when I did it first time without being hit, even got the trophy for it. I am only of average skill so I assume they nerfed it or something.

I don't think I've ever been angier than during my play through of COD:WAW on veteran. each level would take me near a day to agonizingly crawl through hoping for a new checkpoint. the grenade spam was real.

This as well. I swear I seen a grenade bounce up a set of stairs to get me. There was a point in a later level where I was constantly being killed by a soldier trapped inside a hill, nearly tore my hair out with that game.

Mohonky

Metal Gear Solid 2.....the fucking cutscenes and interrupting communications. It never ended. I just wanted to play the game but it seemed like everytime I did anything i had to stop and listen to more bullshit.

I hated it so fucking much (not to mention the sheer wankery of the story and characters) I never went near the series again and did end up having a controller throwing spat a few times.

The Orange Box

It got stuck in my PS3 7 or so years ago when I was in middle school. I didn't even like the game much back then, so it being stuck in my PS3 while another game I wanted to actually play could have been stuck in there pissed me off. So we got it out, and I was playing other games fine for months. Then I put the Orange Box back in months later and it gets stuck again. Once I got it out a few days later, I broke it in half.

Somnid

How did you not learn after a first insta-kill?

It pissed me off too, but when i saw the opening move on her third form, i'd make sure i didn't make that mistake again.

I did, 2nd time waited as a zombie, swapped in my immunes and then got hit with it again. But the 3rd time I tried to keep one a zombie but you still have to revive that character when they go down and guess what attack was used right after that? It's just bullshit because it's not a battle you can play smart, either you go through the shitty process of healing every single turn making the battle 3 times as long and use all your status heal items or just get lucky on the 3rd form.

Ruff

I did, 2nd time waited as a zombie, swapped in my immunes and then got hit with it again. But the 3rd time I tried to keep one a zombie but you still have to revive that character when they go down and guess what attack was used right after that? It's just bullshit because it's not a battle you can play smart, either you go through the shitty process of healing every single turn making the battle 3 times as long or just get lucky on the 3rd form.

You know the worst part? I swear that boss fight had a 15 minute cutscene you had to sit through every. single. time you died and had to redo. I have it engrained in my memory since my roommate was stuck on that battle for like a week straight.

Begaria

For many, many years I held a grudge against the Chocobo Race in FFX. It's still pretty shitty. The 3D Dot Game Heroes "Get under 20 seconds" race pissed me off almost as bad. Recently, I played Shadow Hearts for the PS2 and found ANOTHER minigame that pissed me off: to get the protagonist's final weapon, you have to the dreaded "10 Spin" Judgement Ring. I tried for 45 minutes to get it and couldn't do it and I raged hard.

TheHall

You know the worst part? I swear that boss fight had a 15 minute cutscene you had to sit through every. single. time you died and had to redo. I have it engrained in my memory since my roommate was stuck on that battle for like a week straight.

Haha, yeah that part was the worst.

Especially because it isn't Auron's finest moment.

Zaku

(image snipped)

Oh wow.

Holy crap that's bad.

Top Bottom