• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most pissed you've ever been at a game?

neoism

hqdefault.jpg

RAGEFACE

lordxar

Man Parasite Eve 1's final boss was even worse. After a semi hard battle she trantransformed into a crawling death machine thay required you to run away from and if it touched you it was automatic game over. So frustrating.

Oh that reminds me. I got stuck going up the stairs to the last boss. Never did finish it. Just not enough gas in the tank.

Pizza

Most recently it's been Mario kart 8. If they gave like, half a second more invincibility when you get hit with something it'd be flawless, but online I can get green shelled in first, and then get stuck as I try to recover as every other person nails me with something leaving me in last the whole race because of getting a single green shell as everyone in front gets triple items.

Infuriating.

Arkham City trying to get every attack in one long combo. Would make it to the last possible attack each time then get punched in the foot while dodging. Every damn time.

Tan

Marvel vs Capcom 3 online. I swear it was impossible to wake up block low attacks in like 70% of my games. I eventually stopped playing out of frustration despite really loving the game.

Frogger 2 Swampy's Revenge. As a child I could never advance past the fourth or fifth stage. The anger was only compounded because I didn't have a memory card at the time.

I don't think I'll ever get as angry as I did with that game.

Street Fighter IV.

Some people just aren't meant to play SF games. I tried real hard to learn it, to make the switch from button-masher to "proper" player. I totally did. I failed miserably. Online battles were just exercises in pure frustration, anger and disappointment.

qko

That new Ninja Gaiden when
the T. rex comes outta nowhere
I don't think I finished after that spot

Rezae

I rage so hard at the end of every JRPG. Just once I'd like the bad guy to be... the bad guy. Not a higher power, not 3 forms with an optional 4th form. I know its coming every time and think maybe this time it'll be different... but nope I am always fighting some God with 3+ forms and it makes zero sense....

Why is this my favorite genre again?

Rndm

killzone 2 on elite difficulty. that shit is hardcore to the max

I have yet to beat the last boss. Pretty frustrating if I think about it since I beat 99% of the game except for that final boss that is totally luck based with way to many variables, such as the boss and his positioning and attack timing, same goes for the smaller enemies, then your AI comrades that are beyond stupid and unhelpful, etc. So frustrating and it still bothers me every time I see it in my trophy list. 94%, one trophy missing to get platinum. At least other games are hard but you can beat them by mastering them, not KZ2.

Regarding the OT: Uncharted 2, among some others games. Not the game(s) itself, but my PS3 died on me (YLOD) while I was on my platinum run and I got incredibly mad and sad. I just can't go back to U2 to get my platinum. Thank gosh for cloud saves, that would have been useful to me back then. But it was not a thing and I kept on raging for weeks until me PS3 got back and I got some new games.

ss-hikaru

Lots of things make me rage in Tales of Vesperia but most of all unskippable cutscenes before a boss battle where they jack up the difficulty to some bullshit level, so you die and then have to resit through the damn cutscene (and then probably die again hence continuing the cycle). Even more so when the boss battle is 1 player only (playing co-op), and even even more when the boss battle is 1 player only as a specific character that is not Yuri that you have likely never bothered to try and play as.

Still haven't finished that game...

oni-link

Jet Force Gemini

"Go back though the entire game and get 100% of all the collectables (which are creatures and can be killed by enemies/crossfire) before you can get to the end boss"

"Yes we are just telling you this for the first time now"

Never did beat that game

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
yoEedR2.gif

a more recent example would be a certain spy on my TF2 server. He seems hellbent on pissing me off when I'm sniping, to a point I cannot play the game anymore unless I roll a pyro and burn his arse

farmerboy

Memory is a little hazy here so bear with me. I think the game was called International Superstar Soccer (Megadrive), not 100% sure.

Well I was decent at it but my brother was better, I could never beat him. And I mean never. He used to set up these cheap through balls that I just couldn't cover, it was truly infuriating. Christ could the prick sledge as well. Losing was one thing, but to listen to his shit during and after the event was almost soul destroying.

One glorious afternoon, Italy v Brazil, and I took the advantage early. Italy led 1-0. By the break it was 2-0. The scene was set, surely today was the day. Late in the game it was 3-0. I had him.

Do you think he would shut up, yapping away at how this was going to be the most extraordinary comeback ever. I felt like whacking him then and there. He was showing me no professional respect. And then it began.

A quick goal got it back to 3-1, but injury time had just started. Surely not. Surely yes. Two more goals and it was all square at full time. I was livid, I had literally broken a sweat trying to win and I couldn't do it. Well at least I had extra time. Though it wasn't extra time, it was the dreaded Golden Goal.

Ref calls play, my brother plays one pass and then the cheapest fucking through ball you have ever witnessed gives him a shot on goal which he slots. I never touch the ball.

Mother. Fucking. Prick. FUUUUCCCCKKK. Nearly kicked the door off it's hinges on the way to turning my pad into a million pieces.

Never been the same since. Scarred for life. 15 years later and he still reminds me about it.

Dark souls: Those damn archers in Anor Londo.

That might have been the worst for me too. Almost made me quit the game. But several playthroughs since then I can do it on my first try without even breaking a sweat (same with Sen's Fortress). I could see it being an impassable barrier that some were never able to conquer though and I could totally understand.

h#shdem0n

Ecco: Defender of the Future. I may have broken two Dreamcast controllers because of that game.

And I had to start a new character in Morrowind because, after deleting the dozens of superfluous save files I had, the remaining one got corrupted.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
uncharted-drakes-fortune-20070921063004562-000.jpg

This fucking room in Drake's Fortune is the definition of frustration for me. Never had I wanted to break my controller, punch the screen or pull my hair. My God, ND, I fucking hated you during my Crushing playthrough of Uncharted 1.

Or KZ2 last boss on Elite, fucking hell, 2 shots and I'm dead. It's a miracle I got pass it. Quite an adrenaline rush too, but it's not as traumatic as Uncharted's infamous water room. Thankfully there was a glitch to bypass it.

uncharted-drakes-fortune-20070921063004562-000.jpg

This fucking room in Drake's Fortune is the definition of frustration for me. Never had I wanted to break my controller, punch the screen or pull my hair. My God, ND, I fucking hated you during my Crushing playthrough of Uncharted 1.

Or KZ2 last boss on Elite, fucking hell, 2 shots and I'm dead. It's a miracle I got pass it. Quite an adrenaline rush too, but it's not as traumatic as Uncharted's infamous water room. Thankfully there was a glitch to bypass it.

I haven't played UC1 (yet), but, is that the final boss? Because UC2 Last boss even on normal was frustrating and on crushing... I almost destroyed a DS3. It seems that ND is really bad at making last bosses... Because UC3 last boss sucked ass, too!

Joe

Spending an entire Summer making money in Ultima Online then logging in one day, seeing your bank and bags emptied out and realizing you've been hacked.

cris7198

Anor Londo archers
The mess of BF4 at launch almost broke my ps3
ME 3 ending (some nights I still cry about it)
RE 5 and 6 "casual" design (and the fact that all of my friends loved it)
CS:GO hackers, now even pro players hack, can't trust nobody that's good at the game, it made me stop playing it after almost 300 hours on it.

Yeah... those in recent memory.

Being 3/4ths of the way through DA2 and trying to enjoy it despite it being a really, really, really flawed game (I hadn't seen the ending yet so I didn't rage-uninstall and promise to never preorder a game again), and not understanding why I'm levelling up but my attack speed is getting slower. Turns out if you waifu Isabella there's a bug that decreases your attack speed at every checkpoint because it's trying to undo an attack speed bonus that you never got, and it accumulates so I was attacking at like under 40% of my actual attack speed before I found out about the bug.

Bioware was probably my favorite developer at the time, so it was very aggravating to have them basically take a runny dump all over my face for 30 hours and then top it off with having to wait for a fix before I can finish their awful game that I stupidly preordered (and a couple months longer before they took a second shit on my face with ME3).

Gods Will Be Watching's torture section. There was a ridiculous Russian roulette section that could kill you in one unavoidable shot based on nothing but chance. I remember getting through that section after 20+ long, repetitive tries and, holy shit, the game crashed and deleted my progress.

Fuck that game.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I haven't played UC1 (yet), but, is that the final boss? Because UC2 Last boss even on normal was frustrating and on crushing... I almost destroyed a DS3. It seems that ND is really bad at making last bosses... Because UC3 last boss sucked ass, too!

That bit was very annoying, but I thought the courtyard and church right at the end were WAY worse.

Bl@de

Pro Evolution Soccer 6 (PS2)

Lost a final in the 94.min with a scissor kick from 20m ... was so close after all the pain on the hardest difficulty.

I threw my PS2 controller at the wall and it shattered in pieces ... I learned from that rage burst :( Today I'm calmer *breathingslowly*

Gears

My most recent would be the
flooded city
part of evil within. I didn't really get what to do for a while because I was tired, resulting in probably 20 deaths. Maybe my fault, but fuck that.

kubricks

Come think of it, I have not raged on any game for a very long time now, the last time I rage quit was SNES days, or something, I was young and I can't remember the context of it clearly.

Nowadays when I got frustrated on any games, I just stop and do something else.
I mean, gaming is mere entertainment, if I am not happy with it, then there is absolutely no purpose of what I am doing, the simple solution is to stop.

Fuck Chrono Cross!

People ganking my alts in WoW used to get me nuclear levels of pissed-off. I used to log my main out on top of Hemet Nesingwary's camp in STV just to hunt those motherfuckers down. I'd write their names down to know who needed to die if I lost track of them, I had a 'book of the dead' mod that did this automatically for me later on. At one point I had access to an alliance account on my server and I'd use it to find out what zone people were in just to make their life hell in retribution.

It's funny because other than that I was carebear as hell. I had lots of alliance friends on my server and never went out of my way to gank people.

CB + Prep + Evisc + Stealth

Brings back good memories :)

Septic360

Banned
A really good question and I've had my fair share of moments.

I remember there was a bit in one of the Sonic games where you had this little platform that you had to jump over to make it go down...I spent about 3 hours trying to do it. I think I cried.

Usually, bullshit online tends to piss me off. Like in Modern Warfare 2 days, being one off a tactical nuke (yes I was that guy :S ) and being stabbed across a map:

tumblr_mm9httYG531so3ln4o1_400.gif

The Walking Dead.

Remember that finale?

One by one, your choices are thrown back in your face during those emotional final scenes. Only none of them were actually my choices because I had lost my save so many fucking times.

I was pissed.

dhlt25

Alpha protocol. The last boss was a pain in the butt. Took me 4 or 5 tries to finally beat him. Then the fucking game crashed. No problem right since I've learnt how to beat him I can just go back and redo the fight. Nope beat him 3 more times and the game crashed every time as soon as the fight was over. What a janky piece of junk.

Too many to remember but the "No Fighting in the War Room" level of MW1 on veteran pushed my blood pressure to dangerous levels.

I am a lot better than I used to be. I tend to swear a lot rather than get physically angry with controllers and walls.

Top Bottom