• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

An event ticket allows you to play a round on an event server. Right now the only event servers run "battle royale" which is a last man standing mode that rewards cosmetics and other tickets.

Airdrop tickets give you the ability to call in an airdrop into the map. This will summon a plane that flies across the map and drop a crate. In the crate can basically be anything.
The plane and crate can be seen by everyone on the map and the crate descends on a parachute so people have time to get there and fight over the crate. Just cause you summoned it does NOT mean you will get it.

keys and crates work just like in TF2 or CS.GO. You get locked crates and you use keys to unlock them. Inside you can find blueprints and cosmetic items.

Thank you!

Can you get event tickets by normal play as well?

fcobento

Neo Member
I really want to give this a try and would be more than willing to spend 20 buck on it.

Wish it was also available for Ps4 or XO.

mnannola

Will there be controller support? I'd like to play this one from the couch.

Playing a multiplayer PC shooter with a controller is never fun in my experience. They may have support eventually because it's coming to PS4, but my guess is you won't have a great time getting blasted by people using mouse + keyboard.

Valkrai

Nice OT, gonna sub to it.

I'm really on the fence about this game, can't really decide yet so I'll just wait for some streams beforehand.

styl3s

Playing a multiplayer PC shooter with a controller is never fun in my experience. They may have support eventually because it's coming to PS4, but my guess is you won't have a great time getting blasted by people using mouse + keyboard.
It isn't really a multiplayer shooter.

It's more of a survival game with some shooting mechanics. There isn't going to be points where you are going to have a machine gun and 8000 rounds.

mnannola

It isn't really a multiplayer shooter.

It's more of a survival game with some shooting mechanics. There isn't going to be points where you are going to have a machine gun and 8000 rounds.

No, but there will be points where go one on one with each player having a pistol. I would bet on the mouse + keyboard user every time.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be an option, I am all for more controller input options. I just think you have to be ok with losing more unfriendly encounters than usual if you are using a controller.

Somnia

Regarding player count and map size, they already confirmed the map will expand at a quick rate over time and with that they will increase player size per server as the world grows.

I know they have plans for this game's world to be much much larger than DayZ and other's.

I am hella excited for what Sony can come up with
Hey, it might be another zombie game, but if there is one thing I can't really ding Sony for, it's their MMOs

PaNaMa

Banned
64 square miles in H1Z1 versus 225 square miles in DayZ.

Egads, that is small .I can get from one side of chernarus to the other in like 20 mins of sprinting really (left to right, not diagonal).

$20 seems a little steep. Will see what my friends wanna do. I'm amazed how bad the graphics are, for a PC game. I find bad graphics break my immersion. Looking forward to hearing some impressions before I commit!

Sevenfold

i get off at 4pm Central. it's okay to delay it until then, guys.

No thanks. It's gone from evening to late evening. Any more delays and I will be installing am. Don't want that. I'm a terrible shot when I'm knackered!

Which (EU) server is Gaf going to be on?

Egads, that is small .I can get from one side of chernarus to the other in like 20 mins of sprinting really (left to right, not diagonal).

$20 seems a little steep. Will see what my friends wanna do. I'm amazed how bad the graphics are, for a PC game. I find bad graphics break my immersion. Looking forward to hearing some impressions before I commit!
They wanted to polish a small area for ea then move out from there. The game map is supposed to get huge over time. They say eventually they want it to be so big people on the north never even meet people in the south. With a team as big as SOE I'm sure the updates will come fast.

No thanks. It's gone from evening to late evening. Any more delays and I will be installing am. Don't want that. I'm a terrible shot when I'm knackered!

Which (EU) server is Gaf going to be on?

We don't know server names yet. Once it's all said and done I'll probably make the reserved post in the op about designated servers for gaf for na and europe. We'll figure the community stuff out later.

Somnia

This is a WIP, with plans for this map to be huge. Their goal for this launch is to have a polishd small area and then expand it regulary from there. It's going to grow much much larger in time.

$20 isn't that steep of a price either. Unlike the makers of DayZ I actually have faith in this game expanding quickly and getting a lot of fixes.

Neil_J_UK

Anyone got any info about the server rulesets? Only started looking at this game today and I can't seem to find a solid bit of info about the different rules. I would want a FPS only server, as I don't like the idea of 3rd person and being able to see around/over walls etc.

Somnia

Anyone got any info about the server rulesets? Only started looking at this game today and I can't seem to find a solid bit of info about the different rules. I would want a FPS only server, as I don't like the idea of 3rd person and being able to see around/over walls etc.

I don't think there are any FPS only servers yet.

Right now there's PvE, Hardcore (basically dayz), Permadeath (same as hardcore, but if you die you lose everything in cluding buildings), headshot only (for zombies and players).... also event's like Battle Royale.

mnannola

I believe they will have an FPS server at launch.

EDIT: Or maybe not. Let me see if I can find a source.

Top Bottom