• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BF Hardline, All Maps, All Modes.

Still no beta release date.

Aesthetically, some of the maps look real nice, good work on making them not look like BF4 maps at the very least.

Hardline will also have a 6 hour early trial for XB1 owners via its EA early access thingymajigger.

Some new mini gameplay, dat micro destruction.

Blood Money on Hollywood Heights

Heist on BJ

CQ on the Block

CQ on Dustbowl

JSPSp1s.jpg

VYiMXTU.jpg

SLkPsOb.jpg

xysTi6e.jpg

O9G5E5r.jpg

VtIUKtY.jpg

8jCPRDQ.jpg

i28PRBp.jpg

7fWtiP5.jpg

Hip Hop

6 hour early access?

do you have to buy the game or just susbscribe to the program?

gonna check that out.

zychi

Banned
Should've been an expansion pack for BF4. I won't be playing this until its under $10 on PC. BF4 was a mess at launch and I'm voting with my wallet.

meanspartan

Im gonna wait and see if it works. If it does and gets at least decent reviews, Ill pick it up. Ps4 early alpha or whatever that demo was called last summer was fun.

I'm interested in this pretty much solely for the campaign.

I love Dead Space, hoping that catch some of that magic here. It may end up being some shitty 6-hour corridor campaign, but I'm hoping for something with some depth and intrigue. We'll see.

Have they talked much about the campaign, other than the brief video they showed at the Keighley awards?

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Pretty crazy how I have absolutely zero interest in this game when I had like 500 hours in BF3.

After the test from last summer there is no way i'd buy this, the police theme might have worked better in a Bad Company Battlefield but as is just doesn't work.

Enilced2

Should've been an expansion pack for BF4. I won't be playing this until its under $10 on PC. BF4 was a mess at launch and I'm voting with my wallet.
Yes a full single player campaign and full suite of multiplayer maps and modes should have been an expansion pack. Totally can see that

Also it was delayed out of last year and competing with CoD due to them making sure BF4 type launch doesn't happen. If they just shoved it out the door rather than delaying it and listening to the feedback from the E3 beta I may agree with you.

The beta is going to make or break this game.

I still can't believe that Bad Company 2 had full destruction and later BF games minimal destruction.

This isn't quite true. Structures in BC2 were, at most, three stories tall. Most were 1-2 story tiny ass houses or huts. It was easy to make those destructible.

The scale of BF3 and BF4 is staggering compared to BC2, in terms of buildings you can enter. I agree that they scaled in back in BF3, unnecessarily so, but BF4 has the same types of fully destructible buildings as BC2.

Shady859

The first beta wasn't that great. I'm still down to try another beta and maybe even drop $5 on a month of EA Access to play the 6 hours and see what real thing is like.

meanspartan

The beta is going to make or break this game.

This isn't quite true. Structures in BC2 were, at most, three stories tall. Most were 1-2 story tiny ass houses or huts. It was easy to make those destructible.

The scale of BF3 and BF4 is staggering compared to BC2, in terms of buildings you can enter. I agree that they scaled in back in BF3, unnecessarily so, but BF4 has the same types of fully destructible buildings as BC2.

Who gives a shit about how big the buildings are though?

I'll take smaller destructible buildings over "levelution" bullshit any day. And no, Bf4 is nowhere near as destructible as BC2.

Also, the guns just felt more "right' in Bc2. Can't put my finger on why I thought so though.

nowarning

They've lost me now, BF4 was a mess and the setting for this game does not interest me at all, I will be passing on this and future entries in the franchise unless they pull something special out of the bag. Shame really, it was one of my favorites but it's been going downhill since BF3 for me.

Who gives a shit about how big the buildings are though?

I'll take smaller destructible buildings over "levelution" bullshit any day. And no, Bf4 is nowhere near as destructible as BC2.

Also, the guns just felt more "right' in Bc2. Can't put my finger on why I thought so though.

I'm saying that the size of the maps and buildings likely contributed to the lowered destruction in BF3.

How are you judging destructibility, exactly? Percentage of structures on a single map that can be completely leveled to the ground? Again, BF4 is much larger than BC2 and the larger structures would require far more processing than BC2's assortment of huts and simple houses.

Disagree about the guns completely. I much prefer BF3/BF4's gunplay model to BC2's.

Not going to spoil myself on the maps, but that's quite a few game modes. My experience is that in games with a lot of game modes, usually most of them become dead shortly after launch as most players stick to the few big ones. Hopefully that won't be the case here.

If I get a PS4 before this game comes out, I'll grab it.

meanspartan

I'm saying that the size of the maps and buildings likely contributed to the lowered destruction in BF3.

How are you judging destructibility, exactly? Percentage of structures on a single map that can be completely leveled to the ground? Again, BF4 is much larger than BC2 and the larger structures would require far more processing than BC2's assortment of huts and simple houses.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm saying that there is no "fun" added because of these larger structures. They should get rid of em and bring back smaller more destructible buildings.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm saying that there is no "fun" added because of these larger structures. They should get rid of em and bring back smaller more destructible buildings.

Hopefully they'll bring some of those great BC2 maps in the final expansion pack for BF4.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
They sound a bit salty, probably because there isn't much hype for this game.

2015-01-2123_01_51-baa8ur2.png

Ramirez

No Rush? Hard pass.

The Heist mode had potential to be a spin off of Rush, but from what I played in the beta, it was executed terribly.

Top Bottom