• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BF Hardline, All Maps, All Modes.

NinjaBoiX

I still can't believe that Bad Company 2 had full destruction and later BF games minimal destruction.
It really didn't though, there were many buildings without any destruction at all. And the buildings you could destroy were fairly small.

I loved BC2, my most played BF game, but the destruction wasn't leaps and bounds above what we see here.

Daffy Duck

I'll try another beta but I still find it hard to stomach paying full price for this when it really feels like an add on to BF4.

6 hour early access?

do you have to buy the game or just susbscribe to the program?

gonna check that out.

Just subscribe and get the six hours.
It's a great little service. Although I aint used it much it has already paid for itself.
I was 100% going to buy DA:I at launch, would have cost £40.
But I played the game for 6 hours through ea access and didn't enjoy it at all. Ea access cost £20 for the year, so far it has actually saved me £40, so I'm £20 in profit.

FRV

I hope this is the last battlefield with last gen console support or reduce the parity between platforms.
Stale empty rooms, reused assets all over the map and destruction same as all the others BFs(no real progression).

I love battlefield and will try BF Hardline open beta, but it looks the same.

What info about the campaign is there? Other than the bit they showed at the game awards I mean. How much do we know about it?

The main thing that appeals to me about it is that they're going back to a Bad Company style. If you haven't played BC, it means that they're going back to a style where it's less linear and more about choosing your own path to objectives. BF3 and BF4 were driven by set pieces, so the paths to different objectives basically felt like you were on rails. Here's a full campaign mission that they've released for Hardline

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk34yU1BGiU

“On the singleplayer side the stuff that’s important to us is maybe not do as much of a single-path linear rollercoaster that’s been done before. We want more tactical choice, more player choice. Things to do besides just shoot everybody. That’s not really a cop thing as much.”

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/06/19/battlefield-hardline-singleplayer/

HowZatOZ

Banned
I hate hearing too much talk from your character, and that quick snippet of Blood Money has exactly that. Just, too much talk.

zychi

Banned
The main thing that appeals to me about it is that they're going back to a Bad Company style. If you haven't played BC, it means that they're going back to a style where it's less linear and more about choosing your own path to objectives. BF3 and BF4 were driven by set pieces, so the paths to different objectives basically felt like you were on rails. Here's a full campaign mission that they've released for Hardline

Market speak for "we didn't really do much different from other BF SP campaigns but we're trying to hype it up now"

COD does the same thing.

RoKKeR

It just looks so incredibly bland, lifeless and uninteresting. I'll probably burn through the SP with my 6 hours of EA Access but aside from that I can't see myself picking this up.

Coming from someone who dropped maybe 350 hours into BC2, and probably as many between BF3 and BF4. Just doesn't look like it deserves to be a full game.

I don't know about those maps. If their pursuit of appealing to everyone on the planet ends up compromising the map designs for Conquest, then that's not something I'm ok with.

A bunch of them are centered around interiors or otherwise don't seem particularly accommodating towards vehicles. Maps that aren't at least decent Conquest maps are of very little value to me as I might never play them. Looks like roughly 50/50.

Rocketz

I'll definitely check out the beta. If I'm interested I might sub for EA Access again and try the full game before release to see if the final product is worth it

RP912

Banned
Damn this game is not really on anybodies radars :(. I hope it at least have a following because I like the concept, even though the alpha was buttcheeks :/.

No Rush is a GOOD thing.

My least favorite mode in BF in recent years.

BF is all about Conquest.

While I generally agree Conquest is far and away the best mode, I don't get the Rush hate. Especially when Obliteration and Domination exist. Rush hasn't been properly served since BC2, I'll grant you, but it's still a fun mode IMO.
Bring back MCOM damage!

Nothing about Hardline looks all that fun though. It just feels like a cynical grafting of the Battlefield franchise onto something that could have been cool had it been fleshed out on its own. Having owned every PC BF game since 2, This is the first one that I just have zero interest in.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I actually quite like the look of some of the smaller modes but I'm afraid I'm one of those Battlefield 4 players who quite likes Domination along with a bit of the ol Conquest and Rush :p

Saying that, for financial reasons I couldn't buy it on release even if I wanted to, my heart belongs to Bloodborne in March.

They sound a bit salty, probably because there isn't much hype for this game.

2015-01-2123_01_51-baa8ur2.png

reads more like "stop listening to people telling you not to pre-order and buy into our hype machine"

as long as sales fall off base compared to their projections then it'll be a $29.99-$34.99 game in no time, then I might pick it up.

but at full price 60 + DLC, no way

I loved BC! Hope that's all true.

Phinor

I'm slightly warming up to this game. If they had released last November as planned, I don't think I would have paid any attention to this game. But enough time has passed since BF4 and I'm starting to crave new multiplayer fps to play.

Much depends on the upcoming beta, obviously. Also the week after Hardline releases is going to be madness with Bloodborne (ooh, a console exclusive I actually want to play!), Pillars of Eternity and GTA 5.

Lakitu

st5fu
I like the look of Dust Bowl, Derailed, Riptide and Everglades but that's about it. The rest of them look mediocre and small. Although, I'm sure something like Downtown would play better on Conquest.

The alpha sucked but I'm willing to give the beta a try and see if it can sway me. Right now, I'm more than happy with BF 4.

akira28

Battlefield making its long time coming shark jump. They've been speeding towards the ramp for a few years now.

no if this is the decline then the shark is already jumped.

some sharks have 2 fins though, one called 2145 which might even be higher than the first fin.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Gotta admit it looks kinda cool.
Gonna give the beta a try this time.

Sojgat

It's been great for so long now.

I tried getting back into it last week. Still had constant rubberbanding, bad hit detection, and got kicked at the end of every second game.

Might have been bad luck with the servers just when I decided to play, but it seemed like the same old bullshit.

Keasar

Wanna definetly give the beta another try and see if they fixed some of my complaints from earlier (too many rockets, no sense of police vs. crook theme, feels like war but with cars and mini-helicopters) last time I played.

Not sure if I wanna buy it though.

Top Bottom