• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Hardline |OT| Battlefield FIVE-O

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Robbery is releasing on the 16th for Premium members. They're also giving away like 7 guns for everyone, so that's really cool!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
That's cool! I'm a Premium member on Xbox One, hopefully there's enough of us to try the new maps!
It's really sad how criminal activity was so dead. I'm hoping this one attracts more people. Visceral REALLY needs to do something to get people to buy these map packs. Just give them for free plz.

I jumped into pc version this weekend after only playing the beta on ps4 and I forgot to see how the community was doing on bfstats (silly me...) and I'm shocked at how this game is dying on PC. For me, it's an inferior game to BF4, but still a fun game. What gives? The reception was really that bad?

gossi

I jumped into pc version this weekend after only playing the beta on ps4 and I forgot to see how the community was doing on bfstats (silly me...) and I'm shocked at how this game is dying on PC. For me, it's an inferior game to BF4, but still a fun game. What gives? The reception was really that bad?

It actually does 'okay' on console, but on PC - yeah, ghost town. The funny thing is it actually outsold BF4 at launch.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What gives? The reception was really that bad?

Two days before launch on BF4:

Someone in chat: "So is anyone getting Flopline?"

Everyone in chat: LOL NO

So yeah, the betas didn't really garner confidence that Visceral was differentiating it enough from BF4 and the intial "beta" was nearly literally a "BF4 mod" as people (rightly) felt.

I said it before: Hotwire is just "conquest-go-round while driving in circles for hours until you hit the experience cap faster than other modes." That, along with a lot of the other "new" modes is another problem: A lot of them seemed half-assed/poorly thought out and thrown together. "Blood Money" was "Conquest with Capture the Flag" and Heist was "Rush with a Capture the Flag element" but both did poorly in terms of map design and proper care/thought in various factors being used (too easy to camp the enemy bank deposit in Blood Money and steal from them than it was to fight over the middle) to where I can see why people passed on Flopline.

Tubie

Two days before launch on BF4:

Someone in chat: "So is anyone getting Flopline?"

Everyone in chat: LOL NO

So yeah, the betas didn't really garner confidence that Visceral was differentiating it enough from BF4 and the intial "beta" was nearly literally a "BF4 mod" as people (rightly) felt.

I said it before: Hotwire is just "conquest-go-round while driving in circles for hours until you hit the experience cap faster than other modes." That, along with a lot of the other "new" modes is another problem: A lot of them seemed half-assed/poorly thought out and thrown together. "Blood Money" was "Conquest with Capture the Flag" and Heist was "Rush with a Capture the Flag element" but both did poorly in terms of map design and proper care/thought in various factors being used (too easy to camp the enemy bank deposit in Blood Money and steal from them than it was to fight over the middle) to where I can see why people passed on Flopline.

This is all coming from someone who only played the open beta on that one map and has never played any mode that was not available in that beta.

You don't drive around in circles in Hotwire unless you join a PC boosting server. This never happens on serious servers, if you drive mindlessly you will get C4'd or RPG'd or even chopper'd down.

And how would you know if the game has poor maps design or are you basing this on that one open beta map again?

Hardline failed for other reasons, but you are totally clueless to them because you haven't played the game for more than an hour.

Man i hope the new DLC is worth of Premium. So far im really disappointed with the Content for Premium and promised premium features only coming with new Mappacks.

And making weapons free to everyone but than not having much premium exclusive weapons just pisses me off.

At this point just ask DICE for all BF4 weapon models and put them into Hardline (which they are already doing with the new upcoming weapons lol)

It's really sad how criminal activity was so dead. I'm hoping this one attracts more people. Visceral REALLY needs to do something to get people to buy these map packs. Just give them for free plz.

They should stop being so cryptic about new content and mappacks.

Tubie

Man i hope the new DLC is worth of Premium. So far im really disappointed with the Content for Premium and promised premium features only coming with new Mappacks.

And making weapons free to everyone but than not having much premium exclusive weapons just pisses me off.

At this point just ask DICE for all BF4 weapon models and put them into Hardline (which they are already doing with the new upcoming weapons lol)

What I think happened is EA cut the Hardline team so thin they couldn't make the things they promised. Premium was supposed to come with the gun bench to customize weapons, a ranked ladder, and an actual prestige mode. All those features were eventually cut.

Visceral is hard at work on a single player Star Wars game for EA that's supposed to come not long after Battlefront, and I assume the core of the Hardline team was moved to that project as soon as Hardline went gold.

It's a shame because there are some things Hardline does a lot better than BF4, and my only hope is that DICE learns from them and integrates those improvements to BF5.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Yep that's one thing they've done that has been pretty terrible. They haven't really been informing the community of it, just always leaving 'soon' messages. And yeah, it seems like premium isn't really worth it for this game because the community isn't there,which is why they should just give the map packs for free. Like I'm happy they decided to give more than one weapon this time for everyone, but then again, those were premium exclusive at first.
It's a shame because there are some things Hardline does a lot better than BF4, and my only hope is that DICE learns from them and integrates those improvements to BF5.
I honestly prefer the way BFH plays over BF4. Everything just feels more tighter and better for me, specifically the guns. Aside from the professional class being a little op, I feel like all the classes are fairly balanced. The game modes are really fun too and I prefer them over any of the ones BF4 offers. Heist is just the best and I can't wait for the new squad heist. Looks so fun

What I think happened is EA cut the Hardline team so thin they couldn't make the things they promised. Premium was supposed to come with the gun bench to customize weapons, a ranked ladder, and an actual prestige mode. All those features were eventually cut.

The thing is this Features are still happening. But are only coming step by step every DLC which is ridiclious and a smash in the face for premium owners. Gun Bench for example comes out with the last DLC in early 2016 lol

gossi

Battlefield 5 is due next year, btdubs. For the record I like Hardline, I think it is a lot of fun. When the last map pack came for Premium on Xbox One I couldn't find any other players, which was.. Frustrating.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I just got this yesterday on PS4 and I'm really surprised at how bad the campaign looks and runs. I'm at the shootout in the carpark section and it seems it's around 25 fps. Is this normal?

The next DLC actually looks pretty damn good.

Which is a shame, because whilst I still think the game is good for what it is, and its performance compared to BF4 on the X1, puts BF4 to shame.

The next DLC will be the last time I properly play the game, cause at the end of October it'll be H5/BF.

Lulu23

I just got this yesterday on PS4 and I'm really surprised at how bad the campaign looks and runs. I'm at the shootout in the carpark section and it seems it's around 25 fps. Is this normal?

No. The campaign ran pretty much without noticable framedrops on my PS4.

uncapped

good game, was thinking of premium on pc months ago, but not now, unfortunately I don't think I'd get my money's worth. They should look at the player count, and probably consider giving away the DLC

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
The new maps are really good imo. Squad heist is okay so far. I don't know what to think. It's VERY intense, but it really is too reliant on having a good squad to play with, which for me dampens my experience cuz you can't rely on randoms. So far though, I'm having fun with it. It's very crazy, but it's a good kind of crazy.

There's an annoying new bug introduced with this patch where all your loadouts reset every single time. Please fix this asap

The new maps are really good imo. Squad heist is okay so far. I don't know what to think. It's VERY intense, but it really is too reliant on having a good squad to play with, which for me dampens my experience cuz you can't rely on randoms. So far though, I'm having fun with it. It's very crazy, but it's a good kind of crazy.

There's an annoying new bug introduced with this patch where all your loadouts reset every single time. Please fix this asap

The maps are indeed fantastic

Plenty of character and routes to them

And I really am loving sqaid Heist, good amount of tactical gameplay without being boring.

God damn shame this wasn't the first DLC.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Who in the hell thought it was a good idea to put a timer on the spawn beacon? This is game breaking to me, seriously. Not only does the timer last, but you can't even spawn on the person who spawns in it? So stupid.

It's the worst thing about this update. Change it to how it was before. Nobody even complained about it, wtf.

gossi

Loving the new maps and Squad Heist. The snow map looks terrible on my Xbox One – it really does look like a launch Xbox 360 game – but the gameplay is great.

Just played through the campaign on ps4. By Far the best battlefield singleplayer (in my opinion) so far. Pretty damn good.

Only things I thought about that would have been nice (spoilers in here) :
being able to try to talk suspects that have started shooting at you down. It's annoying how they just all go berserker when one of them decides too. Would have also really dug an episode while Nick was in prison, to show some of the character development, since he seems like he is already a changed man when sprung... Oh, and dat ending. Comawn. A little bit too open if they don't do a sequel of some sort.

Unfortunately, for the online bits, my PSN is locked to a temp origin account I made many years ago, and EA won't let me change it so it's connected to my primary account I use on my pc. Really annoying.

Tubie

Just played through the campaign on ps4. By Far the best battlefield singleplayer (in my opinion) so far. Pretty damn good.

Only things I thought about that would have been nice (spoilers in here) :
being able to try to talk suspects that have started shooting at you down. It's annoying how they just all go berserker when one of them decides too. Would have also really dug an episode while Nick was in prison, to show some of the character development, since he seems like he is already a changed man when sprung... Oh, and dat ending. Comawn. A little bit too open if they don't do a sequel of some sort.

Unfortunately, for the online bits, my PSN is locked to a temp origin account I made many years ago, and EA won't let me change it so it's connected to my primary account I use on my pc. Really annoying.

I actually kinda liked the open ended ending.

Newlove

I found the campaign incredibility repetitive to be honest, with some pretty unbelievable corruption. The same tactic of flashing your badge and arresting worked best over and over. Neat idea but needed more options of approach / more gadgets that aren't guns that you're discouraged to use in campaign.

I actually kinda liked the open ended ending.

Maybe I'd have been more satisfied, if you had some sort of conclusion about your team mates, at the very least.. I don't know. I just needed a little more payoff from the ending :p

I found the campaign incredibility repetitive to be honest, with some pretty unbelievable corruption. The same tactic of flashing your badge and arresting worked best over and over. Neat idea but needed more options of approach / more gadgets that aren't guns that you're discouraged to use in campaign.

Sure some stuff could have been better, there were a few pacing issues, and I agree it would be cool if the "cop" aspect was fleshed out a bit more in the gameplay, but I was very surprised at how engaging and interesting the campaign felt throughout. :p Again, just my opinion.

OG Kush

Whats the online community like on PS4? I'm in the mood to buy an online FPS, haven't dived into one for a while. Not that interested in BF4 as I have enough of the army theme and the unlocking system in that pisses me off. Will this game still be active for another 3/4 months? I'm happy if thats all i get out of it?

MyEasyButton

Neo Member
Whats the online community like on PS4? I'm in the mood to buy an online FPS, haven't dived into one for a while. Not that interested in BF4 as I have enough of the army theme and the unlocking system in that pisses me off. Will this game still be active for another 3/4 months? I'm happy if thats all i get out of it?

I believe PS4 has the healthiest Hardline community in terms of numbers. While there are two DLC packs yet to be released, I'm not sure how well it's going to survive through the release of Black Ops 3 and Battlefront. What's angering the players right now is the loadout bug, impacting all platforms. Each match you play, your weapon attachments reset back to default. It's been this way since the 'Robbery' DLC was released 3 weeks ago. No fix date announced.

I'm on XB1 and still play it, but I'm trying to figure out if I will move over to either Battlefront or Halo 5 when they are released.

gossi

I believe PS4 has the healthiest Hardline community in terms of numbers. While there are two DLC packs yet to be released, I'm not sure how well it's going to survive through the release of Black Ops 3 and Battlefront. What's angering the players right now is the loadout bug, impacting all platforms. Each match you play, your weapon attachments reset back to default. It's been this way since the 'Robbery' DLC was released 3 weeks ago. No fix date announced.

I'm on XB1 and still play it, but I'm trying to figure out if I will move over to either Battlefront or Halo 5 when they are released.

Currently online players (Total: 9,327):

PC

Peak 24h

PS3

Peak 24h

XBOX360

Peak 24h

XBOXONE

Peak 24h

PS4

Peak 24h

Top Bottom